Due Dates!!!

that would be funny! Last 2 Sarahs could be very close ;)

hows everyone going with their weight? Im mortified on what ive gained, all since the day i found out which explained that first week gain. I gained 2, sts, gain 2.5. but then my own fault as i ate everything in sight an gained 6.5lb :( Last night, was wi and gained 1.5lb which i only had 2 bad meals with having pasta tub from tescos and some chips yesterday!

Im so scared all my weight will return with the way things are going!!

It's hard isn't it x try not to worry. Everyone's pregnancies are different and everyone gains differently. I always think the first trimester really depends on whether you have sickness, or food aversions or not! If you're worried about your weight gain, then speak to a midwife hun or your GP. They could offer some advice on healthy gains during pregnancy and how to manage it. Just try not to panic about it. I'm not sure what plan you were on before, but SW is safe for pregnancy and there are a few of us on here following the "principles" of it, but still having the odd treats. I don't think we're worrying about the "max of 15 syns" too much - plus you have to have extra healthy extras - particularly "A". Although we are trying to manage the overall gain, we all understand that we are pregnant. There are things we will crave and sometimes - a piece of fruit or a salad just won't do! Plus, our bodies are going through so much that we're entitled to treats I think!! :) If you want any more advice etc then take a look at some of our diaries :) xx

Just try not to panic xx

that would be funny! Last 2 Sarahs could be very close ;) hows everyone going with their weight? Im mortified on what ive gained, all since the day i found out which explained that first week gain. I gained 2, sts, gain 2.5. but then my own fault as i ate everything in sight an gained 6.5lb :( Last night, was wi and gained 1.5lb which i only had 2 bad meals with having pasta tub from tescos and some chips yesterday! Im so scared all my weight will return with the way things are going!!

What t'other Jess said above basically!

I know how well you've done on SW in the past though and even if you do end up regaining a bit you know exactly how to get rid of it. It's never gonna be easy when you're pregnant and especially early on if you're not feeling well. I went off veg, yogurt and all sorts of healthy things in early pregnancy and had to eat carbs carbs and more carbs to stop the nausea so following SW basically didn't happen! I somehow gained very little until just before 20 weeks when I suddenly gained half a stone in a couple of weeks and it was downhill from there on in.

My current gain is 2st 3lbs and I weigh in tomorrow. Have really made an effort with SW the last few weeks with my modified green plan ;) I have built a bit of slack in but try to stick to SW as closely as possible and just generally eat healthy. Hoping for a sts as this week hasn't been perfect but so much better than I was doing before!

Definitely come and have a look at our diaries, we can all support each other in keeping on track and losing the weight again once we've all had our babies :) xxx

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah i got to 5.5at loss beginning of the year, had knee surgery then gained some back afterwards... was about 8lb off getting back to tht then found out i was pregnant! I know il gain which i accept, just scary on how fast ive gained almost a stone and im not even in double figures for pregnancy yet lol.

Ive been doing slimming world, now mainly go red/green days to hve the 2 healthy extra a/b thats required. But as most said i often treat or have something different. x

Thanks, yeah i got to 5.5at loss beginning of the year, had knee surgery then gained some back afterwards... was about 8lb off getting back to tht then found out i was pregnant! I know il gain which i accept, just scary on how fast ive gained almost a stone and im not even in double figures for pregnancy yet lol. Ive been doing slimming world, now mainly go red/green days to hve the 2 healthy extra a/b thats required. But as most said i often treat or have something different. x

I have an extra HEXB and A on top of my green day allowance lol, I figure if EE people get an extra one we should too lol ;) xxx

I have an extra HEXB and A on top of my green day allowance lol, I figure if EE people get an extra one we should too lol ;) xxx

I do this too :D xx

I've put on 2st and half a pound in 30 weeks, i weigh myself on a Friday when my new pregnancy week starts, id been going to sw before, lost 2st then was messing about so quit the class and put nearly all the loss back on, so i started this preg over weight. Im going to try and just put baby weight on from next weigh in.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

that would be funny! Last 2 Sarahs could be very close ;) hows everyone going with their weight? Im mortified on what ive gained, all since the day i found out which explained that first week gain. I gained 2, sts, gain 2.5. but then my own fault as i ate everything in sight an gained 6.5lb :( Last night, was wi and gained 1.5lb which i only had 2 bad meals with having pasta tub from tescos and some chips yesterday! Im so scared all my weight will return with the way things are going!!

I'm not doing well. 28 weeks and gained 2 stone. I haven't been trying though :(

25 weeks pregnant and 1 stone 9 gained. I've been a little piggy tho - had to scoff to not feel sick first 12 weeks. Trying to pull it back a little now tho :/

Whatever SW plan you're doing.. You add on 1 healthy extra each.. I only know the EE plan so I now get 2 a's n b's...
Altho TBH I don't count my a's.. I just have whatever milk or yogurts I want.. I limit cheese coz of the hi calories but otherwise I don't keep a check...

I had at least a stone to lose to get into a "healthy BMI" range.. But even then it was the top end.. when I got pregnant so really wanted to maintain my weight n not gain at all.. And now i've gained, small as it is, i'm annoyed at myself..
But i'm limiting it, and as has been said, I know how to lose it and can concentrate on that properly when bubs is here..

I've gained a stone and half at 30 weeks. Was a stone and ten but lost three pounds after being diagnosed with GD and now just hoping to maintain.

Everyone is different aren't they x I'm in between weeks at the moment (I normally weigh on a Sunday) but so far this week I'm down a lb which makes my gain a total of 7lbs @ 24.5 weeks. I wish I could say that I've really really really tried and I've been healthy all the way through, but I think a lot of it was having a lot of nausea and going off pretty much all foods from 8-16 weeks. Even after 16 weeks when the worst bit was over, it still took a while for me to get back to eating meat, veg and fruit (I literally lived off of crackers, the odd bag of plain crisps etc!) I didn't really start gaining until about 20/21 weeks when all of a sudden the weight has begun to go on - I think quite drastically. By "drastically" I mean 2lbs or so a week which was quite a shock to the system. I had two weeks of gaining 2lbs, then I lost a lb, then last week I gained 3lbs so it seems to be going on like that now. So, now I'm finally at "peace" (lol that sounds so silly) with all foods, I'm FINALLY beginning to get back on the SW wagon and starting to add healthy foods to my diet - to me this is more important than trying to minimise my gain - especially after having months of not eating very well.

Still trying to manage it though, but that's because my BFP weight was still 3 stone and 5lbs over a healthy BMI...and that's the top end! So I have a long way to go once baby is here xx

Yeah everyone is different, i went off loads of foods at the beginning, im still a bit off meat, so i was eating crisps, plain biscuits, wispas! Potato waffles etc, not very nutritious, then i felt better and been eating everything.

I've been putting 3lbs on one week then staying the same the next week for most of my pregnancy, so now i would like to try and limit my gains because im 5ft 7 and was 14st 7lbs before getting pregnant im now 16st 7.5 and still got 9 weeks left, its not good.x

I've gained a stone and half at 30 weeks. Was a stone and ten but lost three pounds after being diagnosed with GD and now just hoping to maintain.

Well done on the 3lb loss that's fantastic, i had the GD test and luckily didn't have it, bet it helps you eat healthy though, so you don't need to inject insulin,good luck with it.x

Yeah everyone is different, i went off loads of foods at the beginning, im still a bit off meat, so i was eating crisps, plain biscuits, wispas! Potato waffles etc, not very nutritious, then i felt better and been eating everything.

I've been putting 3lbs on one week then staying the same the next week for most of my pregnancy, so now i would like to try and limit my gains because im 5ft 7 and was 14st 7lbs before getting pregnant im now 16st 7.5 and still got 9 weeks left, its not good.x

Oooooohhh.... 9 weeks.. That's exciting :)

It is :) i can't wait, especially with not knowing what it is, we found out with our little boy so decided to have a surprise with this baby :) x

Ooh mega exciting... We've found out but i'm still not convinced.. I don't care that the qualified sonographer has no questions as to the gender.. I still think its a boy.. Even if she did show us girl bits.. LOL
How old is your little boy now?

Ooh mega exciting... We've found out but i'm still not convinced.. I don't care that the qualified sonographer has no questions as to the gender.. I still think its a boy.. Even if she did show us girl bits.. LOL
How old is your little boy now?

You never know, they do get it wrong, my neighbour was told she was having a boy, got everything ready for him and out popped a girl!

My little boy callum is 4 he's just started full time school, he keeps kissing my bump and talking through my belly button to the baby he's so cute :) x

You never know, they do get it wrong, my neighbour was told she was having a boy, got everything ready for him and out popped a girl!

My little boy callum is 4 he's just started full time school, he keeps kissing my bump and talking through my belly button to the baby he's so cute :) x

Yup. Two hospitals n 16 years apart they got it wrong twice in my sister!!!! Luckily tho as I'm not so convinced I've more creams n whites than pinks so it won't really matter. Unless between now n then I really bond with a girl... Rather than a baby if that makes sense.

I asked the hospital the other day if baby was still a boy and she showed the parts and was like yes definitely still a boy lol

Back