Due Dates!!!

My bump has definately dropped the last few days, I can see my belly button again lol. Hope I go in the next week or so Sarah too.

wonder when it will happen for us, I've been so uncomfortable today,.im getting ready now.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hopefully it won't be long for any of us! Sounds like we're all reaching the limits of comfort so the sooner the better really ;) xxx

How is everyone today? Any signs of impending birth. I think I'm gonna be a while yet. Baby is just too active for my liking. I've a scan tomorrow though so we'll see what they say. My hips and back are giving me terrible gip today. I can hardly walk, hubby laughed at me, says I am the walking definition of the pregnancy waddle....cheek lol.

How is everyone today? Any signs of impending birth. I think I'm gonna be a while yet. Baby is just too active for my liking. I've a scan tomorrow though so we'll see what they say. My hips and back are giving me terrible gip today. I can hardly walk, hubby laughed at me, says I am the walking definition of the pregnancy waddle....cheek lol.

Nope, nothing here :( Just been to see the midwife, baby is as engaged as she thinks he'll get prior to labour and in a good position. He's still quite active though so I'm not convinced that it'll be soon! I'm struggling to walk, even with my crutches it's stupidly painful. It's taken me a hour and a half to get home from my midwife appt so far, two loo breaks, lots of hobbling and a lunch break later haha ;) xxx

Nothing here either!! At midwife at 3.15 so hopefully I'll found out if baby has started to engage. Fingers crossed.

Ach sure even the head being engaged can mean nothing. My wee fella was engaged from 24weeks. They did everything to get him out of that position but he seemed happy there. Mind you he did come 4 weeks early. I just got stuck on the ground. Wee fella was sick I got down to clean it up, had to crawl to the banister to pull myself up again....its not a fun day lol

nothing for me either, i still feel pressure but nothing else, but I've got hubbys lurg, i started with a sore throat and headache today so i am feeling sorry for myself :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

nothing for me either, i still feel pressure but nothing else, but I've got hubbys lurg, i started with a sore throat and headache today so i am feeling sorry for myself :) x

Aww no, everyone seems to be catching that cold and its a fecker to get rid of. Mines going strong since Thursday, my ears were really sore last night but seem not too bad today.

COME ON THE BABIES!!!!

Aww no, everyone seems to be catching that cold and its a fecker to get rid of. Mines going strong since Thursday, my ears were really sore last night but seem not too bad today. COME ON THE BABIES!!!!

Maybe all this catching of cold we've been doing is a sign? Mine's not shifting either - bloody thing! :(

Come on babies!!! Who's gonna be first?! :D xx

looks like a lot if us are suffering, like pregnancy symptoms isn't enough to cope with :) x

Maybe all this catching of cold we've been doing is a sign? Mine's not shifting either - bloody thing! :(

I've joined the cold club too.... But I don't want baby to make an entrance yet. Still got 7 weeks to go so would be good to wait anther 5 weeks at least really.

Hope everyone feels better soon x

Lots more period pain today. Am I stuck with this until the end now? Baby is a bit quieter but still wriggling when prompted (and not prompted quite often!). I think I'm in for the duration...

Oh girls that are almost ready to pop... The MW last night told us its the hormone OXYTOCIN that helps with the speed of dilation... This is produced by us.. I'm just about to research if there's anything we can do/eat/drink to produce more of this/make it work better... Just thought i'd share this little nugget in case yee wanted to check it too... :)
There may be nothing.. But hey.. Its worth a shot... Its when contractions start.. So not something the will speed labour...
She also said raspberry leaf tea used to be widely pushed to bring on labour.. But its not been proven and its not been researched thoroughly... So drink it if you feel like it.. But don't overdo it.. Like anything I guess :)

I heard that the raspberry tea doesn't bring on labour but it can help soften your cervix. But I dunno. I haven't got any and not sure whether to get any.

We looked up RLT after our antenatal class and couldn't find any evidence of it being effective. So I've not bothered getting any. This info was from the anti-pain relief, alt therapies loving midwife that ran the AN class though so tbh I didn't take her too seriously! ;)

I was drinking it while TTC as it was meant to do something then too... (Isn't it funny how quickly you forget what diff things are meant to do once you get that BFP)
So have some in the press.. Will probably have a couple when I'm allowed again but coz I like it.. N not in massive doses

Oh girls that are almost ready to pop... The MW last night told us its the hormone OXYTOCIN that helps with the speed of dilation... This is produced by us.. I'm just about to research if there's anything we can do/eat/drink to produce more of this/make it work better... Just thought i'd share this little nugget in case yee wanted to check it too... :) There may be nothing.. But hey.. Its worth a shot... Its when contractions start.. So not something the will speed labour... She also said raspberry leaf tea used to be widely pushed to bring on labour.. But its not been proven and its not been researched thoroughly... So drink it if you feel like it.. But don't overdo it.. Like anything I guess :)

Oxytocin is the love hormone, which is why they say sex may bring on labour, nipple stimulation, arousal etc etc

Oxytocin is the love hormone, which is why they say sex may bring on labour, nipple stimulation, arousal etc etc[/QUOTE
True but oxytocin is also produced when you're relaxed which is why they say stay as calm as possible - so whatever helps you relax- back massage? Listening to music? Watching a film? Cooking? Dancing? Bouncing on your ball?

If you are induced you are given synthetic oxytocin because you've not made enough naturally yourself.

Yip I was gonna say that. Relaxation is a good producer of Oxytocin. I think thats why most people go into labour in the evening. Maybe thats why I'm still pregnant...no time to fecking relax, bet if I booked myself into a hotel I'd go the day before!!

Back