Due Dates!!!

As the others have said, something is definitely happening. And if it does come to induction I reckon, like Frances said, it'll be quick. Mine took ages because my body was nowhere near ready to part with Cole but other girls were coming and going in the same day while I was in and their inductions were quick. If your waters have gone they'll probably put you on the drip which works fast. I went on the drip at 21:00hrs and was 5cm by 11:30 the next morning, it was just getting to a point where I could have the drip that took so long for me.
Hope the scan goes well and you get some good news today :) keep resting and eating in the meantime, you'll need all your energy!! Xx

God luck nelly.

Unfortunately think it's highly likely that I'll be induced on Saturday- pessary first then gels (2 or 3 at 6hrs interval) then drip. Hope it doesn't go through all that.
Midwife came today and she couldn't get to my cervix to do a sweep. On Tuesday the other midwife did. Can your cervix close up? Was not impressed. She caused some bleeding though so something was disturbed at least.

Bring on Saturday now is all I say. I want to meet my baby. Due date was 10 days ago :(

God luck nelly. Unfortunately think it's highly likely that I'll be induced on Saturday- pessary first then gels (2 or 3 at 6hrs interval) then drip. Hope it doesn't go through all that. Midwife came today and she couldn't get to my cervix to do a sweep. On Tuesday the other midwife did. Can your cervix close up? Was not impressed. She caused some bleeding though so something was disturbed at least. Bring on Saturday now is all I say. I want to meet my baby. Due date was 10 days ago :(

I had doctors and midwives who could reach mine and ones who couldn't. They were joking about who had the longest fingers and saying which midwives were best for breaking waters so maybe the one today had stumpy hands ;)
When I was in a girl who was 12 days over had the pessary and her baby was born within 12 hours so fingers crossed that happens to you and you have your baby on Saturday x

I had doctors and midwives who could reach mine and ones who couldn't. They were joking about who had the longest fingers and saying which midwives were best for breaking waters so maybe the one today had stumpy hands ;) When I was in a girl who was 12 days over had the pessary and her baby was born within 12 hours so fingers crossed that happens to you and you have your baby on Saturday x

I hope so. I really do. The midwife today wasn't too hopeful though because she said my cervix had a long way to go. I think she had short fingers, short skinny ones!! Oh well, nowt I can do but keep active for the next few days x

Just back from growth scan, baby girl is measuring 7.14 :-o there was lots of water as well so confirmed that if any waters had gone it would have just been a trickle (which is what i told them yesterday) induction looking unlikely for tomorrow as they don't believe I've lost any water and was just a show. Contractions got to every 10 mins early but then stopped for about 2 hours and have just had another one about 15 mins ago! Crazy thing this labour lark ;)

Anyway trying to just relax and see where my body takes me!

I hope so. I really do. The midwife today wasn't too hopeful though because she said my cervix had a long way to go. I think she had short fingers, short skinny ones!! Oh well, nowt I can do but keep active for the next few days x

Good luck for your induction on Saturday x

Just back from growth scan, baby girl is measuring 7.14 :-o there was lots of water as well so confirmed that if any waters had gone it would have just been a trickle (which is what i told them yesterday) induction looking unlikely for tomorrow as they don't believe I've lost any water and was just a show. Contractions got to every 10 mins early but then stopped for about 2 hours and have just had another one about 15 mins ago! Crazy thing this labour lark ;) Anyway trying to just relax and see where my body takes me!

Hopefully your contractions will get going properly for you soon.
The growth scans are good to check baby etc but they told me at my 36 week scan to expect a big baby and when Cole was born at 39+1 he weighed 7lb 12oz so they're not necessarily spot on. I think Sarah (Missy) was told the same and Seth weighed less than Cole. X

Wow, I bugger off for five minutes and all this happens!

Nelly - that's good news if your waters haven't gone tbh, they put you on a time limited if they have like you say and will want to induce you because of the infection risk. That's what happened to me - waters went on the Thursday night (there was no doubt in my case, it was a bloody tidal wave!), didn't progress beyond early labour, induced on Friday night, Seth arrived on Sunday morning. So it's definitely better to do contractions first and then waters going I think! Less pressure on you to progress quickly, that day waiting to be induced and hoping I went into labour properly was awful and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Get yourself comfy at home, stay active and keep an eye on things. The end is near though - you've waited so long for this and I'm so excited for you!

Penny - boo to the short fingered midwife! You've still got time, just having an internal can move things along a bit and at 10 days over you probably only need a little push for things to start. Keep positive - even if you are induced it doesn't mean that you'll get a crap labour and tonnes of intervention. The problems and intervention I had to have were due to going on the drip before I was really ready I reckon (I was only 1cm!) - I still think if the pessary hadn't fallen out my story might have been different.

Hoping for happy updates from you both very soon xxx

Hopefully your contractions will get going properly for you soon. The growth scans are good to check baby etc but they told me at my 36 week scan to expect a big baby and when Cole was born at 39+1 he weighed 7lb 12oz so they're not necessarily spot on. I think Sarah (Missy) was told the same and Seth weighed less than Cole. X

Yep, I was told to expect a 8.5lb - 9lb baby and Seth was 7lbs 8oz! So the scans mistook a long, skinny baby for a big one lol ;) xxx

Yep, I was told to expect a 8.5lb - 9lb baby and Seth was 7lbs 8oz! So the scans mistook a long, skinny baby for a big one lol ;) xxx

Another who was expecting a large baby.... Well they had me so scared!! I was having 4 weekly scans after my 20wk one as they said he was big. At the end they were saying expect a large baby, as in 10lbs .. when he was finally delivered he ess 8lb 5oz. Not tiny but small compared to what he was apparently measuring. Plus I had a huge bump.... X

Wondering if there is any news from Rachael, Penny, and Nelly?? :)

Looks like Kim might be moving up the list a bit too!

100% think I will be having the last feb baby :( lol xxx

Wondering if there is any news from Rachael, Penny, and Nelly?? :) Looks like Kim might be moving up the list a bit too! 100% think I will be having the last feb baby :( lol xxx

Ooh all these babies being announced soon!! Look at it this way Hun, tomorrow you can say you're having a baby THIS month!!xxx

Just bringing the list to the front.... Can't believe we're almost into Feb now!!!!!! :eek:

Rachael78 (Rachael)-15th January 2014
(no idea)
Pjallen1982 (Penny) - 20th January
(team secret!)
Amyk (Amy) 04th February - Boy

NellyLou (Nat) - 14 February 2014 (Girl)
PrincessPeach (Jess) - 16th February 2014
(Girl)
Dubchick81 (Frances) - 20th February 2014 (they say girl.. I say boy.. So i'm sticking neutral)
Kim26 (Kim) - 22 February 2014
(Team Yellow)
Danni86 (Danni) - 25th February2014 (Boy)

Shenzi - 6th April 2014 (Girl)
Sammielouise071 (Sammie) - 18 April 2014
(Team Yellow)
Jess<3 - 2nd June 2014 (they say 6th June, Yet scans says 2nd!!) Boy!!
emma237 -3rd June 2014
(Girl)
lil miss chatterbox - 17th June 2014 (Team yellow for now)
mrs-s - 18th June 2014 (Team Yellow)
Kezzalicious - June 29th (Finding out!)
jools1986 - 14th July 2014 (Team Yellow)
slimming-girl - 27th August 2014 (Team Yellow)

Hi lovely ladies I thought I would just update on here as I don't post on my thread very much and I know some of you aren't on it.
Soooooo, my little bubs arrived rather rapidly on Monday (my birthday) at 4.01am weighing a chunky monkey 9lbs 7oz. As you can see from the time of arrival I didn't have to be induced, bubs decided to come on its own. I did it without pain relief.....
As you know we already have 1 daughter and 3 sons in that order and this little one is a.............. Gorgeous little girl....... She's a little beauty. Her big sister is over the moon to finally have a sister. We feel totally blessed.
I will update at some point and catch up on diaries, just enjoying newborn snuggles and getting my head around the fact that she is pink :)
no name yet xx

Hi lovely ladies I thought I would just update on here as I don't post on my thread very much and I know some of you aren't on it. Soooooo, my little bubs arrived rather rapidly on Monday (my birthday) at 4.01am weighing a chunky monkey 9lbs 7oz. As you can see from the time of arrival I didn't have to be induced, bubs decided to come on its own. I did it without pain relief..... As you know we already have 1 daughter and 3 sons in that order and this little one is a.............. Gorgeous little girl....... She's a little beauty. Her big sister is over the moon to finally have a sister. We feel totally blessed. I will update at some point and catch up on diaries, just enjoying newborn snuggles and getting my head around the fact that she is pink :) no name yet xx

Awwwwww!!!! Congratulations Rachael!!!! What a fabulous birthday present!!!! A little girl :) fantastic!!!! So happy for you!!! Xxxxx

Hi lovely ladies I thought I would just update on here as I don't post on my thread very much and I know some of you aren't on it. Soooooo, my little bubs arrived rather rapidly on Monday (my birthday) at 4.01am weighing a chunky monkey 9lbs 7oz. As you can see from the time of arrival I didn't have to be induced, bubs decided to come on its own. I did it without pain relief..... As you know we already have 1 daughter and 3 sons in that order and this little one is a.............. Gorgeous little girl....... She's a little beauty. Her big sister is over the moon to finally have a sister. We feel totally blessed. I will update at some point and catch up on diaries, just enjoying newborn snuggles and getting my head around the fact that she is pink :) no name yet xx

Aww congratulations x

Aww Congratulations on your little girl!!
Can I ask what you did to help yourself through the pain?!
Looking forward to hearing what her name will be xxx

Aww congratulations on your baby girl Rachael! X

Back