Due Dates!!!

Congratulations! :D

Congratulations xx

Congratulations!!! :) xx

Congratulations xx

Aww congratulations to you both xx

Wish I'd known this section of Minis existed before - Lovely Penny has just pointed me in the right direction after I begun taking over her thread with questions!!

Anyway, I'm Laura, 32 and my husband is Rory. We are expecting our first in February and are soo excited. We live in Cyprus (OH is in the RAF) so we are already facing challenges equipping ourselves for baby's arrival. Our furniture removals left the UK about 2 months ago and we just felt it was too soon to be buying stuff. Really wish we had though, would save us the hassle we now face which is me placing massive orders on Amazon which get delivered to OH at work bit by bit... Every week he comes home with loads of parcels for me which is great, but I'm sure the people at BFPO must wonder what the heck we are up to!!

All along I wanted to stay Team Yellow, but we have our anomaly scan next week and I can feel myself crumbling, as OH really wants to know... We shall see!!

Anyway, I will add myself to the expectant's list and looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better whilst I try not to freak out at how under-prepared we are!!

Twix - 29th August
MummySarahE - 29th August (Girl)
tink2011 - 2nd Sept
Pinknails2012 - 11th Sept
angie-bum - 19th Oct
hcocker - 9th November
Pesty - 30th December
Shez__x - 31st December
Maverick - 5th February

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the pregnancy section :) I'm not actually pregnant, my little boy was born on NYE 2013, but I love the advice thread and I'm hoping to be back posting in here next year sometime, fingers crossed.
I can imagine it being a nightmare getting things delivered to you. My ex was in the army and was based in Dhekelia for two years so I got plenty of trips out :) love Cyprus and can't wait to go back one day. X

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the pregnancy section :) I'm not actually pregnant, my little boy was born on NYE 2013, but I love the advice thread and I'm hoping to be back posting in here next year sometime, fingers crossed.
I can imagine it being a nightmare getting things delivered to you. My ex was in the army and was based in Dhekelia for two years so I got plenty of trips out :) love Cyprus and can't wait to go back one day. X

Aww thank you, I do love it out here but have to admit I am struggling a bit. Being pregnant=being sober=not going out as much as I usually would=not meeting a lot of people. Hoping things will change when baby arrives but don't like wishing my life away!!

On the plus side, the weather is amazing, and life is so relaxed, it's almost like I'm on maternity leave already!! xx

Aww thank you, I do love it out here but have to admit I am struggling a bit. Being pregnant=being sober=not going out as much as I usually would=not meeting a lot of people. Hoping things will change when baby arrives but don't like wishing my life away!! On the plus side, the weather is amazing, and life is so relaxed, it's almost like I'm on maternity leave already!! xx

Congrats again. I can understand it being slightly lonely with bf at work during the day and then you not knowing anyone. Are there a group of other wives of raf men? Jealous of your weather though x

The main problem is it's really clique-y out here and gets really *****y apparently. I don't have the energy for that!!

There aren't many social clubs as such and anything I have been going to/am interested in such as aqua natal and Pilates, have very poor attendance. Glad I've got baby on the way, not sure what I'd be doing otherwise!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The main problem is it's really clique-y out here and gets really *****y apparently. I don't have the energy for that!! There aren't many social clubs as such and anything I have been going to/am interested in such as aqua natal and Pilates, have very poor attendance. Glad I've got baby on the way, not sure what I'd be doing otherwise!! Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Assume you're not working. Real shame that these sorts of social clubs have poor attendance x

Wish I'd known this section of Minis existed before - Lovely Penny has just pointed me in the right direction after I begun taking over her thread with questions!! Anyway, I'm Laura, 32 and my husband is Rory. We are expecting our first in February and are soo excited. We live in Cyprus (OH is in the RAF) so we are already facing challenges equipping ourselves for baby's arrival. Our furniture removals left the UK about 2 months ago and we just felt it was too soon to be buying stuff. Really wish we had though, would save us the hassle we now face which is me placing massive orders on Amazon which get delivered to OH at work bit by bit... Every week he comes home with loads of parcels for me which is great, but I'm sure the people at BFPO must wonder what the heck we are up to!! All along I wanted to stay Team Yellow, but we have our anomaly scan next week and I can feel myself crumbling, as OH really wants to know... We shall see!! Anyway, I will add myself to the expectant's list and looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better whilst I try not to freak out at how under-prepared we are!! Twix - 29th August MummySarahE - 29th August (Girl) tink2011 - 2nd Sept Pinknails2012 - 11th Sept angie-bum - 19th Oct hcocker - 9th November Pesty - 30th December Shez__x - 31st December Maverick - 5th February

Congratulations :)
I moved country when pregnant too and it is quite hard :-( maybe nearer your due date you can go to pre natal classes and you might meet some people that way xx

Assume you're not working. Real shame that these sorts of social clubs have poor attendance x

I am working, but self employed for my boss back home. Working from home, so always looking for an excuse to get out of the house! Going to the beach later today with one of the other wives so at least I'm getting out today :)

Congratulations :)
I moved country when pregnant too and it is quite hard :-( maybe nearer your due date you can go to pre natal classes and you might meet some people that way xx

I think I can go to antenatal workshop things from November so fingers crossed there will be more people at those. The midwives had me convinced all these classes were well attended!!

I am working, but self employed for my boss back home. Working from home, so always looking for an excuse to get out of the house! Going to the beach later today with one of the other wives so at least I'm getting out today :) I think I can go to antenatal workshop things from November so fingers crossed there will be more people at those. The midwives had me convinced all these classes were well attended!!

Oh that's good that you can work for your old employer. However I understand it can still be lonely. Hope the antenatal classes are well attended. I found mine valuable. The friends I made are hardly best friends but their company especially at the beginning was great. X

Back