Due Dates!!!

Oh I didn't realise this. Assumed you'd lived out there for a while.

We moved from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain when I was 4 months pregnant :) been away from home for 3 years in January! X

Danni what is like as an expat in uae? I've seen a very tempting job in Dubai ( tempting because of the money lol) but I wonder about safety as a woman etc. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough but I'd love a better lifestyle for us xx

Danni what is like as an expat in uae? I've seen a very tempting job in Dubai ( tempting because of the money lol) but I wonder about safety as a woman etc. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough but I'd love a better lifestyle for us xx

I'm considering going out if/when Tom does. Wasn't going to but think it would be a brilliant experience for the kids as well. Xx

Yeah I think it would be awesome and I don't know about cost of living but pretty sure we'd be able to pay off mortgage in a few years and then if we came home we could both go part time and have more time as a family. I just worry about laws/ punishments etc. I heard about a Dr who's in jail for manslaughter despite being found not guilty xx

Yeah I think it would be awesome and I don't know about cost of living but pretty sure we'd be able to pay off mortgage in a few years and then if we came home we could both go part time and have more time as a family. I just worry about laws/ punishments etc. I heard about a Dr who's in jail for manslaughter despite being found not guilty xx

Eek. Tom's in retail so hopefully we wouldn't have that problem ;) We've thought about it to pay off the mortgage and get some decent savings for the future xx

I've messaged you :)

Their laws are stricter here but not sure how it works with being a doctor. Usually the stories are tied to people getting too drunk! lol
You also need to get an alcohol license to buy alcohol from the alcohol shops.

I thought food shopping was quite expensive but we have Father & Mother in law over at the moment and they've said some things are cheaper and some things more expensive so may work out quite similar nowadays. Definitely need to get an appartment included in your job deal though :)

Anomaly scan done...

We're having a little girl :) :)

There was a lot of prodding around as she wouldn't cooperate so Dr couldn't measure the heart properly. Had to walk around for ages And then go eat and drink n still being stubborn but got there eventually. Happy to say everything is as it should be, just so relieved. Oh and my stomach hurts from all the prodding. Madam must've wondered what the heck was going on!!

Dr was surprised I couldn't feel her cos she was wriggling around so much but hopefully I'll feel more within the next couple of weeks. So excited to start buying stuff for my little girl and choose a name for her :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anomaly scan done...

There was a lot of prodding around as she wouldn't cooperate so Dr couldn't measure the heart properly. Had to walk around for ages And then go eat and drink n still being stubborn but got there eventually. Happy to say everything is as it should be, just so relieved. Oh and my stomach hurts from all the prodding. Madam must've wondered what the heck was going on!!

Dr was surprised I couldn't feel her cos she was wriggling around so much but hopefully I'll feel more within the next couple of weeks. So excited to start buying stuff for my little girl and choose a name for her :D xxx

Ahhh congratulations!! :D xxx

Anomaly scan done... We're having a little girl :) :) There was a lot of prodding around as she wouldn't cooperate so Dr couldn't measure the heart properly. Had to walk around for ages And then go eat and drink n still being stubborn but got there eventually. Happy to say everything is as it should be, just so relieved. Oh and my stomach hurts from all the prodding. Madam must've wondered what the heck was going on!! Dr was surprised I couldn't feel her cos she was wriggling around so much but hopefully I'll feel more within the next couple of weeks. So excited to start buying stuff for my little girl and choose a name for her :D xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw congratulations!! I was the same at our scan, ended up eating chocolate and drinking coke to be able to get spine measurements. Stubborn little monkeys!! Cole was kicking and wriggling like mad too but I couldn't feel it. I barely felt him for the whole pregnancy. Maybe check your scan sheet and see where your placenta is? Mine was anterior so at the front which cushioned all of Cole's kicks and wiggles xx

Yeh she did say my placenta was anterior high - she said she hoped by the time I am about 24 weeks I should feel more (I'm 21+5atm) but she wasn't concerned.

Funny thing was we weren't 100% we wanted to know the sex, but she was more than happy to show herself off to us right at the very start of the scan!! OH announced he knew the sex within about 30 seconds, whilst I felt bad as I had no idea what the heck I was looking at!!

Yeh she did say my placenta was anterior high - she said she hoped by the time I am about 24 weeks I should feel more (I'm 21+5atm) but she wasn't concerned. Funny thing was we weren't 100% we wanted to know the sex, but she was more than happy to show herself off to us right at the very start of the scan!! OH announced he knew the sex within about 30 seconds, whilst I felt bad as I had no idea what the heck I was looking at!!

I felt Cole every day but not half as much as other people tell me they did. We always said we'd find out what we were having then when we found out we were pregnant decided to keep it a surprise. Was hard though, we had 8 scans so had to tell them at the start of every one not to let us see 'parts'. Haha x

We were going to keep it a surprise but curiosity got the better of us!!

Was your OH able to feel Cole too? I hope even if I don't feel too much that my OH can still feel something at some point...

Shouldn't be watching This Morning, so sad, talking about stillbirth :(

Congratulations! XXX

We were going to keep it a surprise but curiosity got the better of us!! Was your OH able to feel Cole too? I hope even if I don't feel too much that my OH can still feel something at some point...

Yeah he could but in certain places. We could always feel him really low down then when he went head down we could feel hiccups low down and his kicks up in my ribs. I just never felt anything around my belly button. We never used to go to sleep until we had both felt him and it was the first thing we did when we woke up. Some nights towards the end Tom would tickle Cole's feet when I was asleep and Cole would wake me up by giving him a massive kick back! But my sister had an anterior placenta with her second baby and could feel her all the time so you might still be able to. I had a lot of 'cushioning' on my tummy to start with so that probably didn't help x

Anomaly scan done... We're having a little girl :) :) There was a lot of prodding around as she wouldn't cooperate so Dr couldn't measure the heart properly. Had to walk around for ages And then go eat and drink n still being stubborn but got there eventually. Happy to say everything is as it should be, just so relieved. Oh and my stomach hurts from all the prodding. Madam must've wondered what the heck was going on!! Dr was surprised I couldn't feel her cos she was wriggling around so much but hopefully I'll feel more within the next couple of weeks. So excited to start buying stuff for my little girl and choose a name for her :D xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww congratulations. How exciting. A little princess :) x

Anomaly scan done...

Hello lovie!!

Congrats on the little pink news :D

Cant remember if we talked about this or not but as you know i have a high anterior placenta too.

James felt her kick last weekend (27th September) so when i was 25 weeks, as of yesterday i can sit and watch my bump move as she turns and kicks - its amazing!!

xxx

Hello lovie!!

Congrats on the little pink news :D

Cant remember if we talked about this or not but as you know i have a high anterior placenta too.

James felt her kick last weekend (27th September) so when i was 25 weeks, as of yesterday i can sit and watch my bump move as she turns and kicks - its amazing!!

xxx

Yay, well it's good to hear other people's experiences. Fingers crossed I will soon feel her wriggling about properly and OH will be able to as well. So excited to be having a little girl, we are going shopping tonight, so may be able to make my first little girl purchase!! xx

Aww congratulations. How exciting. A little princess :) x

this sounds like my scan haha i had to do exactly the same cus she was being a madam and the dr was like im suprised u cant feel her shes moving around a lot - a right fidget!!
but now im 27 weeks and i can feel her a lot! have been able to since 25 weeks x

Back