Dukan-5:2 - the trial

A thanks you guys, you're like my personal trainers, can one of you please get me up out of bed in the morning? I've just done day 1 and it was hard but not too bad.... day 3/4 will hurt as its left over pain! Hubby took dog for a walk so no photos - ill take them tomorrow.

I had a sachet of porridge with raisins as when I have bran flakes I do pour myself too many, 1 sachet is 1 sachet and no more with porridge! I had a pint of water, cup of tea, and 2 Brazil nuts.

I feel fantastic!

Frona w
This DVD will tone your thighs, bum, arms, belly, bingo wings, toes, eyelids and neck! Trust me it works very part! £4 off amazon

Have a good day everyone !

Food diary.

Breakfast - porridge with raisins, 2x Brazil nuts.

Snack - apple

Lunch - prawn salad, fresh fruit and snack a jacks.

Snack - small banana

Snack - 2 vanilla and blueberry rice cakes (66 cals)

Tea - Tesco caramelised onion burger (211 cals) , large salad with cherry toms, leaves and avocado, corn on the cob and mushrooms.
Small ice lolly (46 cals)
WW biscuits (75 cals)

I don't have a clue about the other calories?! Will have a look on MFP

Hahahahaha thought Id pop over and see how your doing kell....................and who do I find P xxx you sound so happy, pleased this plan is suiting you xxx haven't read all your diary sorry , how much have you lost so far and how's DD

Hahahahaha thought Id pop over and see how your doing kell....................and who do I find P xxx you sound so happy, pleased this plan is suiting you xxx haven't read all your diary sorry , how much have you lost so far and how's DD

Hey Siddy Sue!

I was more or less at goal when I came off Dukan and I have actually gained about 4lbs! eeeks - takes me to 10 stone where as I want to be 9 and a half stones.... I'l get there. BUT I am enjoying my food again - and I am MUCH MUCH MUCH happier, I am warm (freezing on Duka - maybe my goal weight was too low?) and I can choose to eat healthily with the odd treat 5 days a week. I am considering following slimming world syns on my up days but i first need to work out if that's right for me. just started 30 day shred this morning (half past 6) and so I will see where that takes me. I am avoiding lots of carbs but still think I am eating a bit too many - my belly is starting to come back.... I have also upped my water (2 litres minimum a day) and not buying so many treats for the house.... I am ALWAYS tempted by them. My weak time is the moment I get in from work and make a cup of tea - I will eat anything I can lay my hands on. My weight is still within healthy BMI but I do feel my clothes tighter....hopefull combination of shred/fewercarbs/motivation will help to shift excess weight. I find giving myself little goals to work towards really motivating (like 2 weeks today is my daughters 5th birthday so Id like to be in my jeans - comfortably) on that day!

Hope you are all well.

Off for a SF vimto and an early night in prep for day 2 of the shred....

night all x

So today my food total was 1559 cals - but I can't work out my exercise calories on mfp!

I'm going to aim for between 1500-1800 on an average day Obvs with 500 on dd's. thanks for all your help and support and advice, I would be lost (and fatter) without you x

Had a great UD today.

Woke early and did the shred, day 2 done - my arms ached even when I'd just started this morning as they're sore from yesterday but I felt ok... I felt tired during the morning (needed 2 cups of coffee where as I usually have water) but a banana and a snack a jack sorted me out too!

I went shopping on my lunch and bought a top and a pair of pants which are very summery. The top is a 10 and it STILL surprises me when I can fit into a size so small. The pants are a 12 but this will always be the case - my damned hips and belly will always be my problem area but I DID manage to fasten a pair of size 10's - the colour was HIDEOUS on me but who cares? I love Gok Wan for Sainsburys - find the cut very generous - he likes bangers and bums doesnt he? It really motivates me when I can fit into my target size. I even wore a new dress I'd had for ages today (as the sun is out) which I'd previously considered too tight around my belly but it was acceptable actually x

Anyway,

food diary for today...

breakfast - bran flakes and raisins (wow bran flakes are so high in calories I think I'm going to have to lay off for a while!)

snack at break - banana, choc snack a jack and 2 coffees!

lunch - packet of walkers french fries and water (not hungry so decided not to have lunch!)

snack - apple and 3 brazil nuts. Cup of highlights hot chocolate.

tea - home made oven chips made with fry light, piece of gammon and a fried egg (YUMMEEE)

Snack - strawberries and vanilla yogurt, salt and vinegar snack a jacks.

Brings total cals to about 1500-1600 and that doesn't include the ones burnt with the exercise.

Hope you're all having a great day x x

Kellmo

Last edited:
Yay for getting to wear your new dress! There is nothing more satisfying than fitting into something that once didn't fit....it's like proof that all this effort of dieting is working and paying off xx Wish I could go shopping for new clothes but really want to shift some more weight first and save my pennies for then. Maybe I'll treat myself to a couple of new things to spur me on. Once I hit target I'll be like a mad woman on a massive shopping spree :D

It is nice! Although I weighed myself this morning and I am still 10 stone (7lb over target weight) a ill see where this new found motivation gets me?!?!

I kind of blagged my way through weight loss for so long, I didn't buy new clothes until they were literally falling off me and then all of a sudden people started to notice I'd lost weight. I hated buying those Inbetween sizes - ended up selling those on eBay too which was quite disconcerting - it was like a way of telling myself I was going to watch my weight forever....

The dress was lovely but the shoes were too big. At my heaviest I was a size 5, now some size 4's are too big and I need a 3 or 3 and a half...more FRICKIN expense!

Have a great day Frona x x

I was a size 6 at my heaviest now I wear either a 4 or 5 lol My feet was one place I never thought I would loose weight on xxx

Morning everyone,

After doing 3 days shred I'm giving myself the day off, just for today, I WAS going to do it but as soon as I got out of bed I had a massive headache and I don't think I could finish the shred so I thought it best to leave it rather than give up half way through.

I think I need to incorporate rest days so I'm planning on doing 3 days, rest, 4 dayside rest etc (unless I have uni which may change things as I have to leave the house at half 7).

I had a difficult down day yesterday, genuinely hungry and moody (due on) and I just had to sit and be quiet because if I spoke to my husband if have ripped his head off. We went to the joyous land of ikea and got some bedroom drawers so that stopped me from eating. When we got home I had a hot chocolate, a bath and went to bed with the iplayer on my iPad.

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2lbs...thrilled!!! This is just the incentive I needed! I've just been careful with what I eat - and doing the shred! Only 5 to go until goal! I have also finished my uni work for this weekend and in a couple of hours I'm going to the Trafford centre to get my new iPhone! Yayyyy!

Have a great bank holiday everyone x x x

Hey ladies, having a few Gin and slims after a busy day. Me and hubby cleared out bedroom under bed and wardrobes through piles of crap! I found pictures and old clothes my babies wore and I actually cried because I don't think I'll have another baby, makes me sad, I adore babies and sometimes think 'sod the cost, just have one ' but then reality kicks in and I'm back to ordering my pill from doctor!

It may be apparent but I'm a tad tipsy - please tell me to be careful with my food as I'm vulnerable when I've had a drink.

Food diary has been good, ish. Doing shred in the morning and a walk up rivington pike (google it!) later on - should burn some cals!

Have a great Saturday night, thanks once again for your support!

Hey ladies, having a few Gin and slims after a busy day. Me and hubby cleared out bedroom under bed and wardrobes through piles of crap! I found pictures and old clothes my babies wore and I actually cried because I don't think I'll have another baby, makes me sad, I adore babies and sometimes think 'sod the cost, just have one ' but then reality kicks in and I'm back to ordering my pill from doctor!

It may be apparent but I'm a tad tipsy - please tell me to be careful with my food as I'm vulnerable when I've had a drink.

Food diary has been good, ish. Doing shred in the morning and a walk up rivington pike (google it!) later on - should burn some cals!

Have a great Saturday night, thanks once again for your support!

I don't come on here much but always check on you, you sound 10 times happier than you were on dukan, well done on finding the balance u already look fab on your pics! Xx

I don't come on here much but always check on you, you sound 10 times happier than you were on dukan, well done on finding the balance u already look fab on your pics! Xx

Thanks so much Laura. I do finally feel happy - a balance between diet and actual life. It's the best diet I've ever done, I feel I can eat healthy food and treats which is a novelty. What do you do Laura? Generally, with your life?!?!

I've had a pack of animal biscuits and a random biscuit - 150 cals.

I'll not be awake much longer and I don't get the film I'm watching so no more treats for me

Today's food -

Bran flakes (sensible portion) with raisins and Brazil's

Starbucks skinny latte. Pack of crisps.

Frittata with potato (1 small), ham, onion, pepper, mushroom and a sprinkle of cheese. Half an avocado.

More Brazil nuts (8 maybe?) with some raisins and a hot chocolate. 4 x snack a jacks and activia yogurt.

Steak and salad with full fat coleslaw (reduced fat is not worth it!)

4x gin and slim

Animal biscuits and random biscuit (slightly soggy)

Walk - 35 mins plus once round Trafford centre

Back