Dukan and Hair Loss

louise m

Has anyone had the same experience as me?

I started the diet on 20th August and reached stabilisation on the 2nd December having lost 20lbs. I am managing to keep the weight off and am quite pleased with myself.

However .... I have started to lose much more hair than is customary. From my head, eyebrows and eyelashes. I have had bloods taken and everything has come back as normal. My doctor is perplexed and has decided to put me on folic acid to see if that will do the trick.

The only thing that has changed in the past however many years is the diet. Could it be attributable to that?

If there is still a tracker on this message please ignore it as I started weight loss at 11.10lbs and I am now 10.4lbs.:)

Louise

Hello Louise, welcome to the board, and congratulations on your loss and stabilisation. Something not too many of us have managed on this board.

If you google "Dukan, hair loss", you'll see that yes it is something that has been noticed by some on this diet, although I can't say that I've noticed any changes in that respect.

Anyone else?

Hi, and funny you should say that as Ive said the same to my hairdresser. My hair is megga thick and I lose a lot anyway but I have noticed my har brush needs de hairing much more oftain and I dont neeed my hair thinned every 6 weeks as in the past. She says my hair is ok and nothing to worry about and has put it down to my age , so now I dont know . Will be interesting who else posts losses in the hair department.

I had major hair loss after I quit cambridge, it lasted about 5-6 months and my understanding was that it was due to the rapid weight loss. However, now I've been off dukan a few months I'm starting to see the same hair loss. I think diets cause a hormonal change in our bodies that causes the hair loss. In any case, if my experience of cambridge is any indication, it's not a permanent problem and once your body stabilizes it'll start to grow back. :)

Has anyone had the same experience as me?

I started the diet on 20th August and reached stabilisation on the 2nd December having lost 20lbs. I am managing to keep the weight off and am quite pleased with myself.

However .... I have started to lose much more hair than is customary. From my head, eyebrows and eyelashes. I have had bloods taken and everything has come back as normal. My doctor is perplexed and has decided to put me on folic acid to see if that will do the trick.

The only thing that has changed in the past however many years is the diet. Could it be attributable to that?

If there is still a tracker on this message please ignore it as I started weight loss at 11.10lbs and I am now 10.4lbs.:)

Louise
Hello Louise. Yes, I might have lost more than I was planning to weight-wise but I also started losing hair like crazy. After 7 years since the diet, I have easily lost 2/3 of my hair :-( HELP!!!

I had major hair loss after I quit cambridge, it lasted about 5-6 months and my understanding was that it was due to the rapid weight loss. However, now I've been off dukan a few months I'm starting to see the same hair loss. I think diets cause a hormonal change in our bodies that causes the hair loss. In any case, if my experience of cambridge is any indication, it's not a permanent problem and once your body stabilizes it'll start to grow back. :)
Hello there. Yes, I might have lost more than I was planning to weight-wise but I also started losing hair like crazy. After 7 years since the diet, I have easily lost 2/3 of my hair :-( HELP!!!

Back