Dukan bread - yum

Madison

Hi,
I decided at the weekend that I needed a change from the oatbran in yogurt/fromage frais so decided to try the bread..well I think that's what it's called :) 1 egg, 2 tablespoons oat bran and couple of teaspoons of ff into rectangular small size lunchbox, into microwave for 3 mins. Let it cool and OMG, I love it. Just had one on my morning break with my coffee and it feels like I'm having a lovely slice of cake. Love love love this diet...Just thought I'd share

I love the Dukan bread too.
so easy to make-theres a couple of recipes for it in the recipe section.

The recipe I use has quark and it works well. :)

That sounds so easy, you've convinced me! I'm usually put off the word "bread" in a recipe as it conjures up loads of effort!

Thanks
P x

Yep, it works great with quark too. Used that in my first attempt. So easy and quick, would say it'd be lovely with smoked salmon on..

i don't bother buying fromage frais or quark as i usually find ff yoghurt is interchangable with both of them in recipes

Well I made the bread.......thank you so much it was amazing!! Only had a wee but as I had a pancake and don't want to overdo the eggs or bran but it's all packed up for brekkie tomorrow :) x

Made this last night and can't believe how "bready" it was - quite amazed!

Thanks for the recipe :eek:)

P x

So since thinking about giving the dairy a miss for a bit I decided to see what the bread would turn out without ff or quark. So, 1 egg, 2 spoons bran and a good lot of cinnamin. Have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought. A little harder but def edible.

Love the bread...had "soldiers" with my boiled eggs this morning! :)

Love what some of have said about it having such a bread-like texture and taste. I can't wait to try this when I get home. The muffins I make are great, however just aren't doing it for me.

Thanks everyone for great posts!
~Monique

It's amazing! Dunked it in a dry-fried egg yesterday morning (classy bird) and I think it would easily slice horizontally in order to make a sandwich. Does need plenty of seasoning though.

Enjoy!

P x

Ive made a few sandwiches with it but it worries me how much I want it like bread :( makes meals easier! I guess in conso I can have this and add bread too though eventually!

Back