Dukan custard?

CaledoniaDreaming

Silver Member
I've lent my book out and can't find the recipe on here :cry: can anyone help please? :)

From the book:

Flan (Custard) - 6 servings

5 eggs
1 fresh vanilla pod, split lengthwise
375ml (13floz) skimmed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Scrape out the inside of the vanilla pod and add this and the bean to the milk. Heat the milk without letting it boil. Remove the vanilla pod, and slowly pour hot milk over the eggs, adding the vanilla extract and ground nutmeg. Pour the mixture into a souffle dish, or into individual ramekins. Grate the nutmeg over each one. Place the souffle dish or ramekins in a large baking dish, fill three quarters of the way up with boiling water. Bake in this bain-marie for 30-35 minutes. Aloow the custards to cool in the bain-marie for 2 hours before serving.

Just had for the first time since starting and is definitely a dessert I'll now remember - I like egg custard and this is tasty (I miss the pastry though!). However, obviously, it is set - what about a pouring custard?

I'm after one I could use for a trifle for Christmas - I'm thinking muffins for base, goji berries in the jelly and need a pouring custard. My DH will think something is very very wrong without trifle (also need to dukanise potato croquettes for him - I think BNS croquettes would work?)

something tells me custard powder is a tolerant but dont know how much - will look in my book when I go upstairs now x

Really wanted to make DH trifle for Christmas day :cry:. Suppose Greek yoghurt sweetened with vanilla would work. Now if only someone would come up with a Dukan mince pie! ;)

im planning to put yoghurt on mines... but now im hungry thinking of mince pies with skooshy cream :p

Lol I usually buy the low fat version cancels out some of the calories in the mince pies haha none for me this. Xmas though ;-) I shall be a good girl hehe

Back