Dukan diet day one!

Yum, all sounds lovely here.

I had salmon and prawns for lunch. FF Yogurt mixed with some dill, garlic and lemon juice. Mix all the seafood in it.

I then toasted dukan bread and had this like blinis. Was a very yummy lunch.

Attack isn't fat loss, it's water loss - just keep at it, it will work I promise :) it's science!

I plateaued for over two weeks and now I'm losing a pound every two days!

Keep at it a month and if it doesn't work (it will) then do something else, though 2 lbs in 3 days is really good

X

I keep it really simple with the foods, I just literally have baked fish for tea, I get the frozen bags of fillets from tesco. The yogurts do cost a fortune though lol x

thats why I make my own yogurts....saves a lot more money. Shop around for the best bargains and buy enough for a couple of weeks if you can. I think we spend more every time we have to go to the shops so its best to try and avoid too much LOL.

It is expensive, but think of the money you saved not buying bread,spuds, rice, pasta, sweets, crisps, chocolate. Instead its going onthe meat.

i have a staple set of foods i buy. Mince, Beef, Chicken, and fish when its cheap enough from farm foods. Cottage cheese, quark, and my yogurts. of course eggs, which can be used for anything and everything. i again buy as cheap as possible.

How do you make your own yog? Xx

Yes as long as there not in oil,

How do you make your own yog? Xx

LW, sorry hun I didn't see this. Making own yogurt has been mentioned a lot on here and there are a few people who have proper yogurt makers but i cheat and use my slow cooker.

There are a couple of ways to do it, this was the original recipe.

1 ltr of UHT milk
1 tbs Skimmed Milk Powder (i use 2)
1tbs LIVE yogurt (yeo vally green pot I used) @ room temp. Then after that you use some of your own yogurt (I use 2 tbs)

Heat milk in SC for 2 hours, then leave to cool for about 1 to 1.5 hours. Test is to put 'clean' finger in milk and if you can leave it in without it burning then its ready.

Mix in skimmed milk powder and live yogurt, mix well.

Put lid on and cover whole pot with warm blanket and leave for 8 hours.

When done, you can either drain it in muslin cloth for a couple of hours in the fridge, or I just put it straight into pots I have from old yogurt/cottage chese pots, and mix it well.

If I don't drain it I can get nearly two 500ml tubs out of it, but if it drains its barely one pot. The whole idea behind me doing this was to save money.

Cheats way, is that I heat the milk in the SC bowl, in the microwave for ten mins then leave to stand and cool. I put bowl back in SC unit, at this time I then get out the yogurt from the fridge that i am using as my culture so it warms up to room temperature.

I usually make it late afternoon so that its starting its stand at about 8-9pm. I then leave it til 7 in the morning, its stood far longer than mentioned but the longer it stands, the thicker I find it is.

A carton of UHT milk is 49p and gets me two tubs of 500ml. A 500ml tub of Asda Smart Price Yog is 55p. Already a saving of 30p per tub. My slow cooker cost a tenner, and so far I reckon I have made at least 15 bowls of yogurt, so the SC has more than paid for itself and am now saving money for good LOL.

Had a naughty day yesterday. Totally not dukan friendly! Think of re-starting attack as i put on 3lbs from just yesterdays dinner! I didnt even eat that much. About 1700 in the whole day! (not just dinner lol)

:(

Back