Attack Dukan newbie

Kati85

Hi all

I am brand new to Dukan :) I have started the attack today although have only just been shopping so I think it's best to gently ease myself into it today and officially start tomorrow.

I am looking to lose a stone ideally, I am quite small framed but lately put on a few pounds around my middle and belly (I thought I was pregnant but thankfully not - not ready for that just yet!) I do exercise but my diet is really really poor and I am the first to admit it. I hardly eat during the day, I usually skip breakfast, have a sandwich and crisps at lunch, miss dinner sometimes and then snack on sweets, toast, crisps at about 10 at night and have about 6 cups of coffee a day (with one sugar).

Today I have bought:
Fat free natural yogurt
Vanilla low fat yogurt
Chicken breasts
Eggs
Sliced Turkey
Canderell (for my coffee)
Skimmed milk

I don't have a huge appetite but I really think I might struggle if I become bored and then I'll reach for the crisps! I would really appreciate any help on recipes or good things to munch on when the hunger monster arrives!

I want to go on holiday in August and have a wedding to attend at the end of the month and I want to feel great about myself.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Good luck Katie, you will lose that stone in no time!

Just type in Dukan recipes and there will be plenty of ideas to play with.

I suggest always buying or thawing out two types of protein to cook, so you can stretch meals.

Tonight I will be making Dukan Diet Coke chicken (for my lunch tomorrow) and a Cottage Pie (with Cauliflower 'mash') for dinner.

Good luck!

Welcome and good luck x

It's good to have you on board gotta say I think the girls on here are great and so helpful x

Hi & welcome, make sure your vanila yogurt is fat free not low fat !

Wow thank you guys for the warm welcome!

I've just checked the yogurt, it is fat free :)

I will try the diet coke chicken recipe, thank you!

Hi kati and welcome to dukan. Lots of tips and advice here, just browse the forums to get your bearings and use the search function to look for specific recipes.

Eating regularly is a big change on dukan - I never used to eat breakfast either but now have a big one every day. This is a great diet for 'bad eaters' as it really teaches you good habits that you can live by. Read the book and learn as much as you can.

Good that you are getting prepped today. I did a 'practice' attack day too which was a good idea as it helped me prepare for any unforeseen problems, like how to cope with sugar cravings!

Best of all, dukan works! We look forward to hearing how it goes.

hi kati,
good luck with dukan (it should be called kan-do because you kan-do it). the others on here are great for support and morale.
hope to chat more and see less (weight wise) of you soon xxx

Thanks for the support everyone!

So yesterday was hard, I felt really lethargic with a slight headache and urged on my lunch which was chicken, boiled eggs and natural yogurt.

I have always struggled with dry food and pretty much put ketchup or mayonaise on everything, can anyone recommend anything I can add to avoid the urging with the dry food?

On the other hand I really enjoyed the Vanilla flavoured fat free yogurt I had, I classed it as a treat more than anything as I really enjoyed it and so glad I'm allowed it!! :)

Anyway I weighed myself this morning and I have lost two lbs so am very happy that I am going in the right direction so will continue with it :)

Lots of sauce ideas in the recipe forum and in the book, but for pp days I usually mix together yoghurt, cottage cheese and herbs and spices. On pv some kind of tomato salsa.and you can get salt and sugar reduced ketchup...

Good luck!

Hi everyone :)

So yesterday was much easier and I'm actually enjoying this diet. My mum said to me it is good to see me eating and I must admit it feels good! This really doesn't feel like a diet as I am eating more than I did before and I am losing weight.

I made the best homemade burger last night, even if I do say so myself! Would've been nicer with the bread but no way am I touching that :eek:

Thank you Dukanista for the advice, I went to Sainsburys last night and got some cottage cheese and more yogurt.

At the risk of sounding really dim what is a PP and PV day? I bought some salt and sugar reduced ketchup but haven't had it yet as worried it'll undo everything.

Weighed myself this morning....another 2lbs off! That is 4lbs since monday and I am so happy :) already feel great about myself...only ten more to go! I can do this :)

Hi everyone :)

So yesterday was much easier and I'm actually enjoying this diet. My mum said to me it is good to see me eating and I must admit it feels good! This really doesn't feel like a diet as I am eating more than I did before and I am losing weight.

I made the best homemade burger last night, even if I do say so myself! Would've been nicer with the bread but no way am I touching that :eek:

Thank you Dukanista for the advice, I went to Sainsburys last night and got some cottage cheese and more yogurt.

At the risk of sounding really dim what is a PP and PV day? I bought some salt and sugar reduced ketchup but haven't had it yet as worried it'll undo everything.

Weighed myself this morning....another 2lbs off! That is 4lbs since monday and I am so happy :) already feel great about myself...only ten more to go! I can do this :)

Hiya,

PP = Pure Protein Day

PV = Protein and Veg Day

Did you go on the Dukan website to calculate how many days you would have to do in each phase?

I weighed more than you to start and only had to do 3 on the attack, so don't do more if you don't have to :)

Great thank you! That makes sense now :sigh: yeah mine came up with 3 day attack so today would be my last day but because I am getting on so well with it couldn't I add a couple more days to it? Or would you highly suggest going onto the cruise phase? What would happen if I stayed on attack longer than I should?

Thanks for the help :)

Back