Dukaneers help pls...look what I found >>>

Saska

Silver Member
Hi folks, today I went to Tescos and found some fat free Tescos natural Normandy fromage frais and Meadow Churn Quark virtually fat free soft cheese made from skimmed milk. Would these be suitable for the Dukan diet? The fromage frais says 0.2 fat, sat fat 0.1. The Quark fat and sat fat is the same. I didn't buy them as I wanted to be sure and thought I'd ask for your advice. OK tks, Saska x

ive used both regularly and have been fine with them

ive used both regularly and have been fine with them

Hiya and tks...that was a quick first reply! Do you eat them sparingly or would either of them be ok to eat unlimited? I had a dodgy start with Philly and gained 2 lbs so just want to be sure as to how much if they are ok. Cheers x

quark is the type of soft cheese he is refering to in the book.... it doesnt have the nasties in it like philly

OK well glad I found it eventually....hope other newbies don't fall into the trap I did. Tks for the good news about the cottage cheese also.....I will have a salad tonight with it! All the best, Saska x

I use quark all the time with sweetner mixed in its like fresh cream!!

OK tks so it seems quark is alright but is it tolerated or unlimited? Cheers, Saska

Hi honey its not a tolerated for sure, I eat it everyday!! While I would say it falls into unlimited I wouldn't eat more than 1 litre of dairy/day, now this include milk, yoghurt, quark etc. I find that I cannot eat anywhere near that amount in one day. People have reported stalls on the days they had to much dairy, but try it and you will soon know. The thing with this diet is we all react differently to this pattern.

Hi honey its not a tolerated for sure, I eat it everyday!! While I would say it falls into unlimited I wouldn't eat more than 1 litre of dairy/day, now this include milk, yoghurt, quark etc. I find that I cannot eat anywhere near that amount in one day. People have reported stalls on the days they had to much dairy, but try it and you will soon know. The thing with this diet is we all react differently to this pattern.

OK gotcha, tks hon have a great weekend x

Hi folks, today I went to Tescos and found some fat free Tescos natural Normandy fromage frais and Meadow Churn Quark virtually fat free soft cheese made from skimmed milk. Would these be suitable for the Dukan diet? The fromage frais says 0.2 fat, sat fat 0.1. The Quark fat and sat fat is the same. I didn't buy them as I wanted to be sure and thought I'd ask for your advice. OK tks, Saska x

Yes Yes yes! These are the ones you want! Eat plenty :) they're the unlimited ones. And you're always looking at the total fat don't worry about the Sat/total distinction. You can also find Tesco Value Cottage cheese which is about 0.7 g fat and that's absolutely fine as well. And 0% plain yoghurt obviously.

Have as much of these as you like = up to the supposed 1kg limit - that would be 4 250gr pots of Quark for example. If you're hungry - have a yoghurt. Don't even hesitate, you're not supposed to go hungry. I've just had a look at the 2010 uk edition of the book and can't find a reference to the 1kg dairy / 250ml milk limit. It's possible it's onto of those afterthoughts that were issued when the good Dr found people were 'abusing' the 'unlimited' rule and found that they were stalling. I have always eaten as much dairy as I fancied, but I suspect I never really exceeded the 1kg limit, though possibly the 250ml milk limit.

Back