Dulcoease

beckys

Hi,

As the title might suggest I'm having trouble going to toilet with constipation. I tried Superdrug's own brand laxatives but they made me feel unwell for a couple of days. So today I bought Dulcoease as it seems that they're not a laxative but just assist with the process. I've now read somewhere that I shouldn't be taking these as the ingredient sorbitol could throw me out of ketosis and slow down the weight loss.

Has anyone used Dulcoease and maintained a weight loss or is there anything better I could try?

Thanks

A VLCD can cause this problem and I know I have suffered from it on this diet. I prefer not to take laxitives on a regular basis so I now take psyllium husk capsules every day. I know that isn't a solution to your immediate problem but it would be likely to stop the problem occuring again.

I think Bordersgirl uses a variant of this and they've been fine.

I don't use this one now actually and it's a bit different from the one I use in terms of the way it works. I did use this one but didn't find it very effective (for me). It didn't affect ketosis tho. I now use Dulcolax Pico Perles that work as a normal laxative and suit me. If Senna would work for me I'd probably take it instead but unfortunately it doesn't.

I take senna and it has no adverse side effects for me, it is not a quick fix though as usually takes a few days to kick in. My LL counsellor used to recommend it when I was on that so no issues with Ketosis.

I have a cup or two of oolong tea each day as I hate that bunged up feeling and it certainly helps me. I buy from an asian cookshop online as are cheaper there but think some health food shops also sell but are more costly! Tastes ok with a sweetener in so I shall probably continue to use on S and S!

I take dulcoease and am still in ketosis. Going to see the doctor next week as i cant keep taking them indefinately. I take benefiber and it makes no change

Dulcoease isn't a laxative it's a stool softener, but I find it quite useful when I need that extra help. If I 'can't go' I douche,that does the job without any pills! Too much information - sorry!

Curvykirst said:
Dulcoease isn't a laxative it's a stool softener, but I find it quite useful when I need that extra help. If I 'can't go' I douche,that does the job without any pills! Too much information - sorry!

Oh thank goodness for that I have tried everything the only thing that works is dulcoease... I am off to the doctors on Thursday to see what she suggests

Fibregel is good if you can drink it twice a day. Psyllium husks are great but I find it hard to drink with water, it's better with juice so sticking with the dulcoease for now :-D

You can get psyllium husk capsules rather than adding them to water. They're fantastic for me.

Thanks Weasy, will pick some up :-D

Back