Dumplings??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jaybird, 29 January 2010 Social URL.

1. jaybird

jaybird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can anyone tell me a low syn recipe for dumplings, my mum wants me to make a butternut squash and swede stew which is for her marks and spencers magazine and its only 1/2 syn for that bit but the dumplings that go with it work out as 6 syns per dumpling!

My family don't know im on slimming world as i want them to notice im loosing weight, anyone got an alternative low syn recipe??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    This is donnie46's recipe

Couscous Dumplings (free on Green)

Take 1 cup of couscous and place in a bowl. Cover with a boiling hot stock of your choice depending on what you are eating them with chicken/beef/veg made with Bovril or a stock cube.

Leave to stand until all liquid is absorbed. Add 2-3 eggs beaten, place spoonfuls or use an ice cream scoop onto a plate sprayed with frylight and microwave for 7-10 mins until firm.

Place dumplings on top of stew/casserole for the last 15-20 mins of cooking so they absorb the flavour of the casserole.

I had a normal dumpling the other day, mmm if you have a packet dumpling mix and quarter the mix a dumpling is 8 syns mine was well worth it.

4. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

you could use gnocchi - its quite low syns. 100g cooked is 1.5syns and you get around 8 for that amount....enough for one person as they're small.

5. Busy_mam

Busy_mam Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(25.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I use 2 oz of flour at 9 syns and 1oz cheese a choice (or 6 syns) and that makes 4 for 2.5 (or 4 syns ) each

yummy and well worth the syns

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.