Dumplings

Ria2011

Has anybody got a recipe for Dumplings to go with the stew as colder nights are coming in plz

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dumplings 1 syn for 8 (So unless your going to eat 4 for half a syn?)

1 cup of couscous
1.5 cups boiling water
2 eggs, seperated
1 heaped tsp baking powder (1 syn)
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (see notes at the bottom)

Soak the couscous in the boiling water and leave to cool. Once cold add the egg yolks, salt, baking powder and parsley. Whisk the egg whites until they leave soft peaks, fold into the couscous mix. Leave refridgerated for 1.5 hours.

Scoop the mixture out with a metal spoon and gently mould into 8 balls, add them to the top of a bubbling stew, leaving enough room for them to rise and spread. Return to the oven (see notes below) and cook uncovered for 35-40 minutes.

notes - I have used over time, dried herbs and garlic, such as rosemary, italian mixed herbs 1 tbsp of my chosen herb/s

I add the dumplings to the top of my stews in a slow cooker with the lid on, and cook them for an hour, turning them over half way through.

Mmm I dont think so, it says on the Syns Online :

Aldi
Cucina Gnocchi Potato Balls, 500g pack, chilled, 100g cooked 2

Unless they have another one as well that's not on there. But I cant imagine gnocchi being free? :confused: They're made from semolina/flour, which is never free on any plan. I would check again with your C.

These dumplings are 3 syn each but use flour for the real taste!

For the dumplings (makes 16)
3syn per dumpling

250g/9oz white self raising flour 40syn
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil 6syn
4 tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
4 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
150ml/¼ pint milk

To make the dumplings - sift the flour, salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the olive oil and herbs, then pour in the milk and, using a fork, mix to form a soft dough.
Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Divide and shape into 16 teaspoon-sized dumplings.
Place the dumplings on the surface of the casserole, cover and place in the oven (now at the higher temperature) for the last 35-40 minutes, or until the dumplings have risen and are golden brown.

Hi,

There was a recipe for SW dumplings that I used years and years ago. I can remember the ingredients but not all the quantities!

57g wholemeal breadcrumbs ('b')
I tbsp flour (syns)
egg (s?)
fat free cottage cheese
1tsp baking powder
dried herbs
seasoning.

Everything is mixed together and divided into 6 balls, and I remember the final product was 1 syn per dumpling. They were a sticky, gloopy mess, (I'm not selling this well, am I?!) but once cooked in a stew, they were really light and fluffy.
I might do a bit of experimenting. I'll let you all know should I crack the formula! x

Back