DYLAN!!!!! HOW LONG TO PASS A SILVER RING?

Cheb

Gold Member
I think my dog Dylan has swallowed a big chunky silver ring!!!! I left it on the side last night and this morning it was gone, it belongs to my hubby and is a really hefty bit of jewellery so I find it had to believe that he could have swallowed it without choking. It's solid and I'm sure he won't have been able to chew it up, so if he did swallow it, it must have gone down whole. He is a big puppy though, he a Newfie almost a year old.

He's been sick twice today but other than that is his normal lively self. Should I take him to the vets or leave it a few days to see if he passes it? If so how long do you reckon I should wait? I did check the sick (nice) nothing in his pooh either (even more pleasant!)

Any advice guys?

Hi Cheb,

I'm sure you're really worried about this hun. I don't really know what to say.

If you need to put your mind at rest then I guess it's a trip to the vets and maybe an x-ray tommorow, just for confirmation . He may pass it before then though.:)

Try not to stress too much(if that's poss)...xxx:D

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Nothing happening as yet:( He still seems fine in himself, crazy as ever. He has been sick again today though he is sometimes sick cos he eats stupid stuff given the chance like our gravel driveway for example!

He's been doing his usual 'business' in quantity, quality etc and none has contained The Ring, I've checked:eek:

I've just swept all the floors again, every nook and cranny just in case I'd missed it but nothing found.

Don't really want to fork out for extortinate vet fees but I think it would have passed through by now if it was going to and now having swept round so carefully I'm totally convinced that he must have eaten it.

My plan is to phone the vet tomorrow and ask how long they reckon it would take to pass.

Cheb I would defo phone the vet tomorrow and check, a quick x ray shouldn't cost the earth really and worth it to check it hasn't got caught anywhere inside.

Mike

Hi Cheb
Is Yur Newfie Black Or Brown Or Black And White!)?
We Sooo Nearly Got One, But Opted For A St Bernard Instead! Sometimes I Wish We Had Got A Newfoundland! They Are Absoloutly Gorgeous, My Friend Has One Called Huggy Bear!!!!

Did You Find The Ring?

When my Irish Setter was a puppy she swallowed the oddest things. One day she has having trouble "going" and when I looked she had one of my mothers pop sox hanging half way out of her bottom. Another time it was more worrying because I saw a purple thread hanging and when I pulled it it came out complete with needle. The needle had gone right through her. What could have happened did not bear thinking about!

Hi Cheb
Is Yur Newfie Black Or Brown Or Black And White!)?
We Sooo Nearly Got One, But Opted For A St Bernard Instead! Sometimes I Wish We Had Got A Newfoundland! They Are Absoloutly Gorgeous, My Friend Has One Called Huggy Bear!!!!

Did You Find The Ring?

My boys are both black and both gorgeous. They have totally different personalities; Dexter is very placid and lazy always has been even when a pup. Dylan is very lively, thinks he is human he hates being left out of things, if we're all upstairs he yells to join us.

We nearly had a St Bernard but we saw the advert for Newfie pups and Dexter just stole our hearts!

Here's a pic, Dylan is now a year so is obviously MUCH bigger now:D
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/thumbnails.html?c_album=2557349

i was listening to a vet talking on our local radio before christmas. he was talking about being careful with chrristmas trees, baubles, ribbons etc as pets can chew things and swallow baubles whole etc...

anyway...he said a puppy came into him once with a peice of shiny foil poking out of its bottom, so after careful examination, and some lubrication, he gently pulled , and pullled....and pulled.......until very gradually a 5ft length of tinsel came out!!

Hi Cheb,
Both You Newfies Look Absolute Darlings!
They Are Soooo Damn Cute

Back