Eager to start

Good luck!! How much r u hoping to lose? Did u put weight back on after finishing the diet b4 or r u wanting to just lose more?

I'm jus getting bored if not eating :-/ doing ok though. That's good your getting into those jeans!! Yeah, baby is a lot better :) she's 11 weeks on Sunday. Good luck with your weight loss x

Going well so far but it is still early days. Starting to think I should spend some time exercising rather than reading this forum but hey ho! Maybe on week 2! Don't have a lot of energy at the moment but I'm sure that will come! xx

It is recommend that u limit exercise at first if your not used to it anyway so jus relax jus now. I am into my fourth week and I keep meaning to start but keep forgetting lol x

Haha, it will come when you are ready I'm sure! Have you been 100% the whole time? At the moment I'm not missing eating at all. Just had my bar with a coffee and feeling pretty good! x

Eating is such a social thing, and also anyone who has never tried a diet like this thinks I'm crazy for doing it. Sometimes it makes me want to hide the fact that I'm on the diet. The shakes and soups are starting to get repetitive for me already! You are doing really well though. How much have you got left to lose? xxx

I haven't told any1 apart from my family & 2 of my closest friends who both know how unhappy I am being big. U don't need the negativity when ur doing something this challenging, & every1 always has something 2 say about it even tho u never ask!! So I'd rather ppl didn't no. U can jazz the vanilla & chocolate shakes up by having them hot with a spoonful of coffee. I might also add cinnamon to the hot vanilla too for a winter treat. Add pepper 2 the soups. It gets easier!x

Ooh some good ideas there I will try those thanks :) I agree I think I will keep it quiet from now on, hopefully when I see my old friends over Xmas they will notice a difference. What are you planning on doing over Xmas? xx

They will notice hun! Also, if I go round a friends house of an evening & they suggest food, I make excuses that I ate dinner b4 I got there, that sort of thing. & try 2 avoid dining out offers!! I have no idea what I'll do over Christmas. My friend, who knows I'm on the diet, has promised 2 cook me a proper Christmas dinner with all the trimmings when I FINISH the diet. I may just eat on Christmas Day. & if u go online there us a list of Atkins safe foods which keep u in ketosis, so I may create my Christmas dinner from that & just avoid the roast potatoes (groan!!!) What about u?

I havent decided yet. The weeks surrounding christmas I will be with all my friends who I don't get to see very often due to living away. If I am happy with my weight loss by then I think I will try and do something like atkins so that I don't go crazy but still can be involved in the social side of things. Hopefully then in the new year when things are back to normal I can lose the final bit and then work up the plans. Think I will just wait and see how I feel at the time though. xx

Your right, eating is a social thing too. I too haven't told folk I'm on the diet, and I wasn't happy when one of the people I did tell told others. Although they were all supportive, I jus wanna do it on my own. My oh has been so amazing about it, when I was so poorly with the flu I voiced to him maybe I should eat some high protein whilst so run done and he was like "do you feel as if you need it? Listen to your body and if you feel ok jus leave it" and he was right, I didn't need to. This diet provides so much goodness into the diet. I am cuming off the diet for Christmas day and jus avoiding too many carbs. Christmas is such a family time for us and I wanna be involved in all of it! Be off a couple days and then back on it again..... X

That sounds like a good idea ally. And its nice that your husband is so supportive as well. I think I am starting to feel a bit healthier just from drinking all the water and knowing that I have had all the minerals necessary in a day. Shame about my breath though.... Ugh!!!! xxx

Haha, I no! I have 2 clean my teeth after each meal as I'm so paranoid of having bad breath.
Yeah, I agree Ally, I don't want 2 miss out either - this diet is hard enough as it is! I may take Christmas step by step & b careful not 2 binge on whatever I do eat!!
We can all help eachother thru!
x

This forum has helped me loads already, everyone is so nice. We have to remember this is a life change so we need to find a good way through Christmas because it is going to happen every year!! x

Good luck all - I'm on day 3 and doing ok apart from a dull background headache. I'm going to have my 'before' pictures taken in half an hour - scary but hopefully will motivate me. I'm planning on eating over xmas as I will have done 4 weeks TS by then, but going to (hopefully!) go easy on the carbs. I'm thinking that by at least starting now rather than putting it off until January then I will get a head start on losing the weight in the new year. I'm loving this site and am so pleased I found it

Back