Ear accupressure for weight loss

Rachel L

My mum has brought me some accuslim accupressure beads which are meant to help weight loss. I was wondering whether anyone else had ever heard of them/tried them.

They are small metal beads on a bit of sticky plaster that you put on the back of the rim of your ear, just below half way up. They are meant to work by gently pressing on the accupuncture point which speeds up your metabolism. When you get hungry you press on this point to increase your metabolism even more.

They claim to help you loose up to 7lbs a week although i've not had any weight loss after three days. I was going to completely dismiss them as a con when i looked on the internet and found that there are pressure points on the ear that can help with weight loss. There is a technique called ear stapling where a metal staple is put in the accupuncture points.

So has anyone tried accupuncture for weight loss?

i was trowling through the threads to see if there were any threads on accupuncture for weightloss and came across this post - unfortunately no replies :(

So my question is has anyone tried the beads that Rachel mentioned or tried accutual accupuncture?

i was trowling through the threads to see if there were any threads on accupuncture for weightloss and came across this post - unfortunately no replies :(

So my question is has anyone tried the beads that Rachel mentioned or tried accutual accupuncture?

Hiya Debs, yes I have. I wasted about £150 getting pins stuck in my belly once a week for 6 weeks, at one point I was almost like Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor. :giggle: Then a staff member in the wee clinic would massage my belly (I think that was the best bit as it was kinda theraputic lol). They also flogged me 'slimming teabags' and these red capsules. Bottom line is it was a load of bunkum and I wish I hadn't wasted my time and money.

Hiya Debs, yes I have. I wasted about £150 getting pins stuck in my belly once a week for 6 weeks, at one point I was almost like Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor. :giggle: Then a staff member in the wee clinic would massage my belly (I think that was the best bit as it was kinda theraputic lol). They also flogged me 'slimming teabags' and these red capsules. Bottom line is it was a load of bunkum and I wish I hadn't wasted my time and money.

Hi Lynn
If only I could burn calories from laughing – I would have done well after reading about you/nutty professor/belly rub.
Sorry to hear it was a waste of money for you. I had it for smoking in Jan (cost £30) and gave up for 6 months but stupidly started again (quict again cold turkey 3wks ago!)
I did go to another Chinese herbalist a few months again and I only wanted to know the cost and all I can say is she got out her calculator and started tapping away , mentioning x amount of weeks, tea bags /pills etc. 20 mins later (yep I stuck it out that long – could not find the heart to butt in whilst she seemed to be “possessed” - spouting figures & tapping the calculator ) and at a total of about £250 I managed to get a word in and say “maybe some other time!!!
Ihave read a lot about green tea on the threads so I am going to try it this week, have you tried it?

Last edited:
I had this done a few years ago n gained weight not list post the procedure went to a guy in yorkshire for it his clinic begun with L from memory

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Back