Early weigh in blues

Luffoo

I usually get weighed Monday mornings but decided to hop on the scales this morning (I'm following the plan from home) and I was gutted to find I've only lost a pound. I have only had 15 syns all week. It's really unmotivating as i was expecting a bigger loss and now I feel all blah. :(. Must not binge ...

And thats exactly why you should not sneaky peek! What the scales say today bears no relation to what they will say on weigh in day. So put the, away and forget about it - and use your syns, you do yourself no favours by restricting your syns so much. The plan calls for a minimum of five a day. Oh and a 1lb weight loss is nothing to be sniffed it - its two packs of lard and most people would be delighted to lose that much

And thats exactly why you should not sneaky peek! What the scales say today bears no relation to what they will say on weigh in day. So put the, away and forget about it - and use your syns, you do yourself no favours by restricting your syns so much. The plan calls for a minimum of five a day. Oh and a 1lb weight loss is nothing to be sniffed it - its two packs of lard and most people would be delighted to lose that much

^^^ I totally agree with all of this. Forget about what the scale says today and stick to the plan. And eat your syns! There is a reason why 5 a day is the recommended minimum - SW know what they are doing!

Good luck for today and the weekend. xx

Thanks girls. Loving the tough love! I know at least it was a loss but a friend of mine lost 8 pound in her first week so i was also expecting a biggy. I've found it difficult to eat so much if I'm honest so by the time it comes to syns it's bed time, I haven't deliberately not had them! Will have to buy some syn-y stuff so I make sure I eat them. When I used to go to group a couple of years ago my consultant said we could save our syns up for the week and use them all at the weekend so I might just do that over the next few days and next week have my daily syns. Thanks again. :)

Can you not incorporate syns in to your meals i.e with sauces? I generally have most of my syns with meals for gravy, white sauce, yorkie puddings, stuffing, sausages, hash browns etc. I don't think it's advised to have a big binge at the weekend to be honest....I don't think it's bad for a one off but you wouldn't want to be doing that every week, it's much better to spread the syns over the week x

Can you not incorporate syns in to your meals i.e with sauces? I generally have most of my syns with meals for gravy, white sauce, yorkie puddings, stuffing, sausages, hash browns etc.

I use about half of my syn for meals (sauces, dressings etc) and the other half for treats.

agree with all the above. Hoping on the scales can really hurt your motivation. You really need to get those syns in where you can. I find I have a tin of treats under the stairs out of view. Things like breakaway bars (5syns) viscount (3.5syns) etc they are in a tin and also I have printed a sheet off to remind me how many syns are in everything (sad I know) but it works for me. I usually have two treats if I havent used any syns. Plus a highlight hot choc drink (2syns)

I lost a paltry half a pound in my first week. I was not a happy bunny but the whopping 6lbs that fell off the following week made me feel much better.

Back