Stabilization Eat lots more protein to lose more weight

Yesterday was protein Thursday (I have been in stabilization for a few months) and I had my biggest loss, 3lbs !!

I made more of an effort to eat more protein than I normally do and it did make a big difference.

Breakfast:

1/2 pack of mince (250g) shaped into 2 burgers and dry fried in good non stick frying pan, few spoonfuls of slow cooker yog (plain, no sweetener or extracts).

Lunch:

Gallette (vanilla extract, sweetener) and plain s/c yog.

4pm:

Other half of the mince dry stir fried with added spices, topped with plain s/c yog.

Dinner/Tea

5 x mini chicken fillets (marinaded in spices and splash of lemon juice, popped into a toasty bag and cooked in the mini george foreman for 6 mins), with plain s/c yog.

Snacks:

2 hard boiled eggs (sliced in egg slicer, only had one yolk, the dog had the other!)

3 dukan duffins (not all at once) one plain, other two individually with s/c plain yog.

The duffins were made using just 2 eggs, 5 tbs oat bran, 2 tbs wheat bran and the yogurt was Tesco peach low fat yogurt.

So yes, I did have 4 eggs in total throughout the day as I don't have any cholesterol problems.

Also had a total of 4 1/2 tbs oat bran, 3tbs being the minimum in stab.

I will try eating exactly the same next thursday and see if their is a decent loss.

I do not need to lose much to get to MY desired weight which is 3lb less than the Dukan suggested ideal weight.

Hope this is of use to someone out there.

That's great, well done you :)
It's also good to be reminded occasionally to up our protein :rolleyes:

That's great, well done you :)
It's also good to be reminded occasionally to up our protein :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, it is very easy to slip back into the old way of thinking not to eat too much, but we forget we can eat lots of protein.

The only negative thing is the cost of buying decent quality mince and chicken.

Lots of frozen chicken contains added water, salt etc, it is quite difficult to find just pure 100% frozen chicken at an affordable price.

;)

Its weird isn't it though cos sometimes I can eat pretty good stuff and not lose weight as well? Yesterday I had a proper pp day - (the one the week before was a bit half hearted) and I actually put on 3lb, whereas the week before it was still drifting downwards. Which was why I didn't really bother with pp last week as I didn't want to lose any more. And I probably have done more exercise this week - swimming 2x and cycling into work once - than last week because I had a cold and felt rotten as well!

Sometimes I can't find any rhyme or reason in the temporary blips on the scales. Fortunately my proper weigh in day is at the weekend so I'm just ignoring it for now, and in any case I'm not too worried so long as it doesn't increase too rapidly before my holiday!

My pp day yesteday on conso was -

B - oatbran porridge, cottage cheese & bresaola
S - boiled egg
L - chicken, sf jelly
D - beef tagine with shirataki rice, 0% Greek yoghurt with caramel flavouring

Its weird isn't it though cos sometimes I can eat pretty good stuff and not lose weight as well?

I have found that the best thing by far to help me lose the most weight is very low fat beef / steak mince.

I could eat chicken all day and not lose as much, eat crabsticks which put weight on me but eat just beef throughout the day and lose a decent amount.

I know what you mean, it is very easy to slip back into the old way of thinking not to eat too much, but we forget we can eat lots of protein.

The only negative thing is the cost of buying decent quality mince and chicken.

Lots of frozen chicken contains added water, salt etc, it is quite difficult to find just pure 100% frozen chicken at an affordable price.

;)

I have found that I am always up when I eat beef. It is strange how it effect us differently.

DWBF50, I do have lots of chicken and I've found the best buy in Sainsburys. Their frozen chicken is 100% no salt or other additives added. They are two packages of skinless boneless breasts pieces of 500 grams each for five pounds!

I just hope this doesn't cause a run on them like the quark in Tescos. They are always running out! :D

I have found that I am always up when I eat beef. It is strange how it effect us differently.

DWBF50, I do have lots of chicken and I've found the best buy in Sainsburys. Their frozen chicken is 100% no salt or other additives added. They are two packages of skinless boneless breasts pieces of 500 grams each for five pounds!

I just hope this doesn't cause a run on them like the quark in Tescos. They are always running out! :D

I know, crabsticks help some lose weight but I always gain when I eat them.

Thanks for the info reg Sainsburys chicken. ;)

Now, I was thinking about this last night and there is no way that you can lose 3lb in one day, unless you are in the gym all day training for a major heavyweight fight! :D

We all know that we have ups and downs weight wise and sometimes veg can put weight on because of their water content.

However, you should still see a bigger weight loss if you eat meat that is harder to break down ie red meat rather than white.

Plus if you do see a bigger weight loss it gives you the feeling that you are actually going somewhere, makes the protein day feel more worthwhile!

Just give it a go for the one day and see how it compares to your normal protein day.

Now, I was thinking about this last night and there is no way that you can lose 3lb in one day, unless you are in the gym all day training for a major heavyweight fight! :D

Tyson I'm not....! Lol :D

But I think I know what's going on- I did my proper weigh in today and the proportion of body fat is down, even though the weight is up slightly from last week. So it is muscle, which is good cos Im getting fitter. Title fight coming up!

Btw, I don't actually want to lose any more, i'm happy at this weight now just trying to stabilise it

Back