Eat Stop Eat 24 Hour Fast

naz

Im not sure if posting this at the right place but please move it if you need too (sorry). Any I wanted to ask if anyone has tried or read about this diet? You basically fast once or twice a week for 24 hours. Please read about this on the net before you talk about metabolism etc as the eat stop eat website explains all. Please don't think I'm being rude it's just that I know as soon as someone here's the word fasting thousands of questions arise. It would be nice to hear from someone who has read or tried the diet. Thanks in advance xoxox

Eat stop eat

Hya naz. I have heard about this diet, in fact I have tried it and I must say it is very effective. If you have the discipline to fast for 24 hours then it does work, along with exercise.

I lost 8lb in the first week I tried this diet, and had an enormous amount of energy to go with it. It was actually a doctor that recommended it to me. She said that a friend of hers had tried it and lost all of her weight and without placing lots of restrictions on what she could and couldn't eat.

I bought myself a kettle bell, and did some basic weight training daily to help with the weight loss. Give it a go if you haven't already started it, I don't think you will be disappointed with the results.:)

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have been trying this for a month now and have lost 9kgs! I love fasting days I feel more in control of my body, I also go gym and do weights at home. I am loving eat stop eat at the moment! Xoxo

I'm glad that works for you:)

I read ir and I once tried it; not necessarily for weight loss but also because short fasts are usefull to detox ours bodies. Plus Bad Pilon is very hot (wich shows it works, hehe) and he posts good articles and videos about everything he says; there's science besides that. However it was very hard for me to water fast for the entire 24 hours so I gave up and discivered other ways that work better for me.

Whatever works for you and makes you feel better and healthier in and out is a valid try ;)

x

Hi, I think the reason I find it easy is because I fast for religious purposes. You are right eat stop eat doesn't work for everyone but at the moment it's working great for me!! ? I will post and keep you updated!! Thanks for reply xxxx

Hi, I think the reason I find it easy is because I fast for religious purposes. You are right eat stop eat doesn't work for everyone but at the moment it's working great for me!! ? I will post and keep you updated!! Thanks for reply xxxx

Hmm, I see. I think when we do something for spiritual reasons it's easier to stick to it;)
Yes, keep us updated:) How many times have you been fasting per week, once or twice? Because I remember that in one of his videos Brad said once is more for maintenace and twice for quicker weight loss. Wich version of ESE are you following?

Ok sounds interesting.... But what do you eat on the eat days.... Anything or restricted foods ? X

You should eat the same way you normally eat. There aren't restricted foods but it's necessary to be sensible and don't eat more than usual just because you made a short fast ;)
Brad Pilon has some videos on youtube where he gives some diet advice and talks about what he usually eats too :)

x

Hi I fast every other day and to be honest with u I feel fine, I also go gym and do weights at home. And yes I do have treats and go out with friends etc but if u stick to eat stop eat you will notice you eat a lot less then you use too! I went out on Sunday and couldn't even finish my food. Eat stop eat has made me feel like I'm in control of my body and that is what I wanted. I now know that my whole world does not revolve around food!

Also read posts on forums on the net that helped me a lot. I've got a family wedding and would like to be a certain weight that is why I fasting every other day but 2 days is enough as well. I lose around 2.5/3 lbs a week. also I drink 2 ltrs of water which is great for me because I stopped drinking water years ago!( was addicted to diet soda!) and it is true wot they say water helps with weight loss

Naz, it sounds like ESE is helping you eating more sensible eithout overeating, but also without restricting:) Maybe the fasting days are helping the stomach to shrink a bit and become used to feel fine with less food;)
I also read several stores about intermitent fasting where people said they started to live without thinking all the time about all the meals they would have during the day. The same way when you say "I now know that my whole world does not revolve around food!"

Water is great it cleans our body from toxins and any extra liquids retention. I drink 2-4 litres of water a day as well ;)

Hopefully you'll be great by the wedding time!

Oh thanks honey! yeah I've jus come to realise how good water is for you even tho I'm running to the toilet ever 5 mins!! Lol

I guess it's true wot they say I need a great deal of will power to lose weight and to be honest with u I have my 10 year wedding anniversary coming up at the end of the year and I don't want to look fat anymore! That has kept me going, also I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm taking it a bit at a time. I have small targets to reach to by the end of the month but realistically I need to lose 5 stones to e at a healthy weight.

I think after i reach my goal then I will go down to 2 fasts a week like brad says! Hopefully I will be in total control of my body! I started ESE on the 24th of feb so it's not even been a month yet and I feel great! Wish I knew about it earlier tho! Xxx

10 year wedding anniversary congrats;) I'm sure you'll look great by that the end of the year, you've been losing weight every week:)

Yes, willpower is very important for weight loss AND also for maintenance trust me, hehe.

On your diet profile it says slimming world, are you mixing both SW and ESE?

Hi no I'm not doing sw anymore, I lost weight with sw too but I found I still didn't have control of my body cus I was eating unlimited free food! yes I'm losing every week so far jus hope it carries on! ?xxx

Well, I'm very small (5'2) and I have a small bone structure (really small, even my friends said I was very fat when I was at a 22bmi, sigh). Now, I'm close to 19.5bmi but I look more than that because of my small frame (my friends/family always guess I weight more 10 pounds than I really do, oh well...). Some people with my bmi has bones sticking out, mine are all totally covered and not only muscle:p

Anyway my main goal is avoid weight gain, wich isn't always easy when we're short and small framed, so I've been eating healthy food with plenthy of fruits, veggies and whole cereals (~1500 cals a day with some exercise/walks). However I would like to lose a bit more weight, but I'm not sure if I could maintain it long-term you know...

Maybe I should give ESE a real try and see if it becomes easier to maintain/lose a bit :p

What time of the fasting day you preffer/find easier to eat? I know some people preffer to fast from 8am to 8am, so that they can have breakfast, while others preffer to have a dinner and fast from 8pm to 8pm.

I fast 6pm till 6pm but the other day I tried 3pm till 3pm and I found that very easy, it sounds as if ur doing all the right things, and maybe u can try ESE u only need to do 2 fasts a week and if u think itigjt ne to much start off with 1 fast. No ha in trying huh? Keep me posted xx

Hi,

Was really interested when i read this thread as i've never heard of this diet before. Could someone please explain how often you need to fast and what you need to eat on the other days. It sounds like this is proving to be successful for people and i'm really desperate to find something that works!!!

Thanks guys.

Hi, I have been following eat stop eat for 4 weeks now and have lost 11lbs. brad who has wrote the book says you should fast 2x a week for 24hrs to cut down ur calorie intake, there is no diet plan on what you should or shouldn't eat although he recommends weight training so muscle doesn't turn into fat. I have not bought the book bur have read slot if reviews on the Internet and forums and gave it a go. I fast every other day but that's because I want to you don't need too. My advice if you have never fasted is follow what brad says and fast 2x a week and the rest of the week eat wot you want but don't go OTT. You cam drink calorie free drinks on fast days and water. please read more about it on the net. Hope I helped lol btw I go gym and do cardio only non fast days which you don't have to but I do and do simple weights at home on my fast days. Xxx

Also on your fast day only eat as you would normally eat, what I mean is just act as if you never fasted! It will be hard to get use to that at first but as you get use to it you will find it easy plus I think my stomach had shrunk cus I only eat small meals now. Keep me posted if your going to try eat stop eat. I need a buddy!! Good luck xxx

Thanks Naz - you're a star!!! Am trying to weigh up (no pun intended hee hee!!!!) whether to do this Eat Fast Eat Diet, The British Heart Foundation one or the Hypno Gastric Band. I have just over 3 months to lose the best part of 3 stone so i'm getting a bit desperate now!!!! I'm kinda thinking that i'm going to try the BHF one first as you lose 10lb in 3 days on that. You do 3 days on and then 4 days off. My neighbour is doing it and has lost 12 lbs in the last 2wks even though he had beer and take-aways on his days off!!!!!!! I thought that i'd try and do this for 4 wks and then when the weight loss is plateauing move on to the Eat Stop Eat one with the Hypno Gastric Band as my "if all else fails" plan!!!!!! Will definitely keep you posted. Well done on your weight loss - you're doing really well. x x

Back