Eat Stop Eat...losing weight with IF and exercise

Bootcamp day 4

6.30 3 mile run
7.30 breakfast oatcake and tbsp scrambled egg, cherry tomato
8.30 static circuit focused on core
9.30 boxing
10.30 snack kiwi smoothie (1/2 wineglass serving) - it was yuck!
11.00 cardio circuit, 15 stations with a 30s run between each station, repeated twice (20 reps then 15 reps)
12.30 lunch - turkey burger, beetroot salad, chickpea flour wrap
Rest!
3.00 massage
4.00 snack - 2 oatcakes with mackerel pâté
4.15 interval training - choose a boundary e.g. Fence. Run away from it for six seconds. Note the place. Now run there and back 10 times, keeping as consistent a pace as possible (should take about a minute). Rest 1 minute. Repeat 9 further times (10 runs in total). Bl**dy knackering!
5pm tabata boxing intervals (jabs for 5 mins (20s on 10s off), hold pads 5 mins, then jab hook, then body hooks, then uppercuts
6pm dinner chicken curry with lentil dahl
7pm 35 min walk.

Last edited:
It was hell today - the pre-lunch run was the straw that broke the camel's back! I was too tired to run, so had to run walk. It was miserable, but only one more day and I'm done here. Feel much better and can see my abs peeping through! Looking forward to weigh in and measure on Fri AM.

Also had a consultation with a nutritionist and a personal trainer today, which has set me up with a plan for the forthcoming weeks. yay!

6.30 running intervals - 200m run followed by 100m jog repeated for 20 mins, then 10 mins of sprint 30s, walk 30s.
7.30 breakfast, 2 tbsp scrambled egg on a rice cake, tomato
8.30 boxing
9.30 circuit training - v arm heavy!
10.30 snack
11.00 run / walk session (felt horrible, was exhausted by this point)
12.30 lunch
1.30 military PT - basically carrying heavy objects on a walk
2.30 nutrition talk
3.30 snack - hummus and crudités
4pm demo by the chef
5pm boxing
6pm dinner - v yummy chicken (thigh and drumstick) and rice dish with baby sweetcorn and mange tout
7pm personal trainer Q&A session
8pm nutritional consultant one-2-one

Best of luck can't wait to find out how u do tomorrow. I've read ur thread and u r doing amazing!!!!!

Bootcamp day 6

6.30am 10 x 100m sprints with slow jog recoveries, then 40 squats, plank and side plank (on either side)*
7.30 am very small bowl of porridge with a little apple purée and tsp ground nuts
9am - 4pm 14 miles Nordic walking - hilly!
am snack - small granola bar
Lunch - chicken salad - chicken, feta, pumpkin seeds, lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, mustard dressing
pm snack - a little dark chocolate
dinner - (all small portions, but as it was our last night 3 courses) pea and mint soup, salmon fillet with ratatouille, pineapple crushed ice, half a glass of cava

Sounds yummy. Hope tomorrow goes well for u. U deserve an amazing result after all ur hard work :) I'm rooting for u

So weigh in today, drum roll please.....4lbs...! I'm actually quite pleased with that, even though it is by far the lowest of the group. Several reasons:

1. It's TOTM
2. I lost all my water weight last week when I lost a whopping 9lbs, so together that makes 13lbs in 2 weeks, who wouldn't be pleased with that?
3. I was measured and have lost a total of 8.6 inches...and can feel it - I can fit back into my jeans!
4. I will carry on losing at a good rate for the next week as my metabolism has had a kick start

The boot camp totally worked - it reinvigorates my diet and fitness - I feel strong and motivates again and it has broken to weight gain spiral I had found myself in. I wish it could be an annual pilgrimage, its so hard but so worth the effort. I've learned so much from it.

Anyway, diary for today:

bootcamp day 7

6.30 boxing interspersed with running intervals
7.30 weigh in - 4lbs and 8.6 inches down
breakfast - scrambled egg on oatcake
Left bootcamp

Was planning on having a treat slice of cake and coffee when I left, but didnt feel like undoing all my hard work, so stuck to the coffee...

11.30 early lunch - 1/2 chicken breast, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, almonds, small latte
2.30pm at a wedding - small handful of olives, glass of champagne
5pm at wedding breakfast - Greek salad (with feta and olives), 1/2 salmon fillet, 1/2 chicken fillet, 2 vegetable kebabs, onions fried in olive oil, 1 large dessert spoon of Eton Mess, after dinner mint, coffee.

i think I deserve a prize for that...they had all sorts of yummy food, but I resisted it. I resisted the bread basket, gave most of my dessert away, ignored the sweetie buffet, bypassed the evening fare of fish and chips and ignored pins, beer and wine. Am v pleased. Long may my flat(ter) stomach last!

During Bootcamp I was wheat, dairy, caffeine and sugar free. The only thing I think I'll try not to reintroduce at this stage is the wheat, as I don't want to bloat.

Your bootcamp sounds amazing. I dread to think how much it set you back! You've done so well hun, i'm so impressed!

It was about £650, so wasn't terrible. Can't afford it next year though - I'd do it as an annual thing if I could!

At the moment I'm just trying to stick to the bootcamp principles (I'll post them later) for healthy eating. I'm going to fast again but not til the end of this week as I've put my body under a lot of stress with the bootcamp and it needs to recover.

Today (I'm at my mums so making do with the best options available)
B - 2 eggs scrambled with a little butter, on one small slice rye bread. Coffee with a dash of hazelnut milk.
L - 2 small slices rye bread with butter and smoked salmon. Cucumber & cherry tomatoes. Nectarine
snack - far too many almonds! Prob about 1000 cals worth.
t - bolognese sauce, courgettes followed by meringue, nectarine and whipped cream

Activity
No formal exercise as resting, but went to the swimming pool with my girls before breakfast and splashed around, then walked them to the park before lunch (2 miles round trip)

Last edited:
Sun 11 August

i have found a new love! Chocolate coated rice cakes - yum! Going to have to limit these!

pre breakfast exercise:
3 mile run (10 min miles) legs still felt v heavy
tabata circuit - 8 x 20s push ups, 8 x 20s squats, 8 x 20s ab exercises, 8 x 20s plank (10s rest between all intervals)

b - 2 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, tomato
Snack - coffee with cream, two chocolate coated rice cakes
lunch - mixed salad with lettuce, feta, avocado, onion, cucumber, yellow pepper, dressed with olive oil & lemon, a little smoked salmon, 5 wheat free tortilla chips with hummus
snack - on drive home from London - small Starbucks latte, one chocolate coated rice cake
Dinner - small serving roast pork & crackling, courgette fried in coconut oil, 2 choc coated rice cakes

I'm really glad to be home now as I am so much more in control of what and when I eat :)

Ten things I'm putting into practice from Bootcamp

1. More strength work! I let this slide recently, and it really does pay off, both in helping my running and with weightloss. I will be aiming for 3 x weekly
2. In line with the above, I'm going to commit to doing the 5 key functional exercises for my core: press up, squat, plank, left side plank and right side plank, after every run
3. Exercise before breakfast every day - it doesn't matter what, but its a damn good routine to get into.
4. Don't count calories! They're a meaningless unit in terms of the human body.
5. Eat small but regularly (except when fasting - which should be totally calorie free for the period of the fast), being overfull at a meal messes with blood sugar levels etc. and can lead to bingeing
6. Have cheats - 20% of food intake can be off plan. 10% if you want to lose more weight
7. Don't do soya - it's evil! Full fat latte is the best option but counts as an off plan treat
8. Don't fear the carbs! As long as you are eating clean, carbs can play a role. Particularly in the evening, when an oatcake with seed butter and sugar free jam may stave off other cravings. (This also makes a good Pre run snack)
9. Don't eat wheat! It's evil.
10. Avoided the three Ws for weight loss: wheat, white (ie potatoes, white rice pasta etc) and worry (cortisol release)

And one for luck:

i can do more than I think I can :)

im sure ill think of more :)

Monday 12 August

pre breakfast exercise - 50 min kettlebell DVD
b - 2 homemade wheat free scones with cream cheese, nnectarine
S - latte and berries
l - fry up! Sausage, 2 rashers bacon, beans, scrambled egg, tomato
s - granola bar, latte (!)
t - rice noodles, green beans, courgette & pork
s - honey buns gluten free cookie, 3 tbsp peanut butter

i don't know why but I went a bit awry this eve - and had 2 lattes during the day. I need to plan my meals and do a big shop to avoid this happening again.

Last edited:
Back