Eat Stop Eat...losing weight with IF and exercise

Okay, so date went well from my perspective, now just to see if he wants to move to a second date...

As for food, we didn't eat out - just went for coffee (and talked for three and a half hours!), so I had some left over macaroni cheese when I got home, only because its supposed to be an up day, I didn't really feel like it. In fact, I've not been very hungry at all today, and found it much easier to notice when I am feeling full, and that's after just one day of fasting - how cool is that!

so today

Breakfast - 1am, 4 chipolatas, one slice of bread, salsa
10am - one third of my green smoothie (wasn't keen)
12.30 fry up, yum! At Boston tea party cafe - sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, 1 slice granary toast
2.30 small soya latte
6pm small glass of white wine
9pm small bowl of macaroni cheese

cals 1935
carbs 149g

Exercise: 20 min interval training - 8 x 30s hill repeats @ 7MPH, 1 min rests in between

Woohoo 9lb well done you thats brilliant!!
Oooo date sounds like it went well :) I have never had a date in my life LOL well if u can call a bottle of cider under the bridge at 14 a date then that was mine with my OH haha.

Have a fab day xxx

Okay, it's not an official weigh in, but I get on the scales every morning and this morning they said....11.8!!!! That's 12lbs down in less than a week! Shock! But it's not official so I'm going to have to put it aside....

Ooooo exciting!! Will be looking forward to seing your offical weigh in =D ur doing really well keep it up! Xxx

I'm like a different person at the moment! Partly because of the sun and I don't have to be at work, and maybe because I no longer try and overly control my diet on up days, but I'm actually choosing to have salad & fruit on an up day. Weird! And go for a run tonight on my rest day! Weird!

Just had my hair done which is really helping too :) feeling goooood for the first time in months.

Awww sounds good hun :) its great when U find a diet I feel good on, that's the key to success!
Ooo what's ur hair like xxx

I had it "relaxed" which basically is supposed to straighten it but its already beginning to curl! Still that was after a 5 mile run in the heat when it would otherwise have turned into a frizzy mess!

Today - slightly low on cals for an up day given that I'm boot camping tomorrow, but I'll have a large breakfast....!

b - toast, avocado & ham
l - Italian style salad with chicken, nectarine, soya latte
Snack - chocolate cookie, large glass of white wine
d - small serving chilli con carne, veg

cals approx 1900

exercise 5 mile run (v slow because it was soooo hot)

Oooo sounds lovely, I have curly hair so the first sign of water, sweat or whatever send it curly!!

have a lovely day xxx

Thanks Stef! It worked quite well, I went running today and it didn't frizz up which made a nice change! Long may it last!

As I was heading off on a weeks Bootcamp today I thought I'd better have a good brunch to set me up for a week of intense exercise and 1200 cals a day.

Brunch: massive fry up! 2 eggs, 2 rashers bacon, half a sausage, baked beans, mushroom, grilled tomatoes, thick slice of granary toast, coffee with semi skimmed milk

Dinner (at bootcamp) small portion of bolognese sauce, courgette ribbons, herbal tea

lots of water

exercise - 2km run in 13.12 - this was the arrive at Bootcamp fitness test, I came 5th out of 21 ladies present. I would have liked to have gone a little faster but it was hot and my legs felt quite heavy.

Have to be all present and correct for a Pre breakfast exercise session at 6.30am, so better get an early night

Bootcamp day 2

6.30 45 min interval run - in pairs we ran round in a big circle. Then one person walked whilst the other ran round and caught her back up. Then they switched roles. In the end we did about ten runs, I tried to speed up at the end of each one.
7.30 breakfast - 2 tbsp scrambled egg on half a piece of rye bread, one grilled baby tomato.
8.30 am
1 hr circuits - warm up jog, then how many you can do in a minute of full squats (42) then press ups (47 on my knees), then sit ups (hands to knees 32), then bicep curls (using a 4kg bar 65), then squat and jumps (40), then do half that number then do half again.
30 min boxercise
10.30am snack - half a devilled egg with a few leaves of rocket
11am 1.5 hr military style circuits - warm up jog, stations included prisoner walk with bar over head, commando crawl, tug of war, throwing weighted bags, shuttle runs with weighted bags and equipment etc.
12.30 lunch pollock and sweet potato fish cake with a tomato and red pepper dressing, salad.

Last edited:
The rest of the day at bootcamp...After lunch we had this "life coaching" talk which was rubbish. A complete waste of an hour and a half!

Snack @ 3.30 - tablespoon of guacamole and a handful of crudités (celery, cucumber, carrot)

4pm - 5pm warm up then crossfit style training - run 800m, 30 sit ups, 30 back extensions, 20 burpees, 20 press ups, 20 squat presses, repeat for 20-30 mins - I managed 3 rounds.
5-5.30pm 15 min abs then 15 mins stretching
6pm dinner - lentil moussaka (quite a decent portion) and salad
7pm 35 min walk
8pm Bed!!!! Exhausted!

Bootcamp day 26.30am running based workout - warm up, cool down, 15 intervals round 200m (ish) circuit. I felt rubbish at first then when we warmed up I felt ok and had a few particularly strong laps. One of the instructors commented that I must come from an exercise background LOL!7.30 breakfast - v small portion of porridge, with tsp stewed apple and a sprinkling of nuts8.30am boxing9.30am circuits (randomly picked from a selection)10.30 snack - 1/4 glass of smoothie (v yummy) made with nuts, oatly, turmeric, banana11am battle PT (moving lots of stuff shaped like a cannon!)12.30 lunch: sweet potato and broccoli frittata with saladAfter lunch we had a boring nutrition talk, and a welcome rest!

Last edited:
And this afternoon -

3.30pm snack - 1/4 pear sliced v thinly, 5 hazelnuts, tsp seeds
4pm running intervals (sim to suicide drills)
5pm Pilates and stretch
6pm dinner - chicken, quinoa and salad
7pm after dinner walk 35 mins

Doing great hun, Wish i could do all the exercise u do :) xx

Thanks for posting!

Well I won't keep this level of exercise up, and I'll return to eat stop eat when I get back from bootcamp, but we're doing so much exercise and eating a lot less (1200-1500 cals) it wouldn't be practical or healthy. This is just a kick start - Ill know on Friday weigh in whether its paid off :)

Bootcamp Day 3

6.30 warm up, 30 mins steady running (laps round a mini track - about 30 times, boring!)
7.30 breakfast - granola and oatly milk
9am 6 mile Nordic walk (snack at 11 - oatcakes & peanut butter)
1pm lunch mackerel risotto
2pm 6 mile Nordic walking
(Snack at 3.30pm hummus on rye bread)
5pm cooking demo
6pm dinner - meatballs with tomato sauce, brown rice, salad

Back