Eat syns to lose more??

Beatthefat!

i dont understand how this works its so confusing surely you should keep away from the more fatty or unhealthy food which most of the time is syns the same with hexA n hexB ive to eat atleast one of each daily to lose more can someone explain this more to me as it doesnt make sense anymore? tia xx

Just found this...
Syns
Syns are everything that don't fit into the category of free food or healthy extra - it's not just "treats" like chocolate, wine, sweets, biscuits etc.(although these do have a syn value). It can be things like gravy, butter, stuffing, additional Healthy Extra's like cheese, milk and bread. Syns are there so you don’t feel deprived or have to cut anything out. We all like a nice treat, whether it be a big bar of chocolate or gallons of gravy on our Sunday dinner, but too much causes weight gain.

Everything that isn’t a Free Food or used as a Healthy Extras has a syn number; the number depends on how calorie dense it is. I.e. how many calories it has for its volume, and how quickly it turns to energy. Don’t think that because of the name all syns are bad foods, as mentioned above it could be anything. For example a Morrisons Eat Smart French-Style vingerette isn’t a ‘bad’ food – but it’s 1/2 syn per tbsp. Also don’t get tripped up by fat-free, low calorie or diet foods (especially yoghurts). They might be low in fat, but high in sugar, or low in sugar but high in fat, or they might be low in sugar, low in fat, low in taste but high on syns – always check.

The reason peoples weight loss slows down, or they start to gain when the try not to have any syns, is because the body isn't getting enough calories to function and goes into starvation mode and hold on to everything - what you've got and what you give it.

Please use your syns, they are there to be used and that way you won't feel deprived like you might on other plans. I didn't use any of my syns in my first week and didn't lose any weight, the following week I used 10-15 a day and lost 4lbs the following week.... the plan works trust me :) x

You really do gain if you don't use your syns.

1. If you add up the calories in what you have, even if you have super large portions all the free stuff in very low calories so when you add them up you still aren't having enough. The extra 100 to 300 calories can make all the difference, but having TOO much can do more damage, too much is a bad as not enough
2. Your body needs some fat, free/superfree don't have much, syns provide some of that fat your body needs.
3. They are there to stop you feeling deprived, even if you don't feel it now, in what 2 weeks, 2 months, a year, you are going to end up feeling deprived of something if you don't allow yourself to have what you want within reason.

now i can see were am going wrong ive been cutting back on the syns and saving them up till the weekend? dont know if am allowed to do this but got told it was fine my friend whos on sw says she does it all the time and at the weekend she can have a chinese or any other takeaway she fancies really but ill deffo start adding abit more of the fat and up the calories a little bit more i do miss out some meals throughout the day like breakfast and lunch and stick to just my dinner so the body reacting different makes complete more sense thanks guys for the help!! X

You can save the syns up if you want. But if you are doing that make sure you eat plenty of free food in the week. Cutting meals won't help, the whole point of SW is to get you to eat properly, that means breakfast, lunch and dinner, and snacks if you are still hungry in between. Only half doing SW won't work, for it to work you need to do it properly, so make sure you get all your meals :)

Thank you so much for the feed back! got sooo confused with it all yesterday couldnt understand it fully have had syn free pancakes topped with bananas and fat free yogurt this morning which i really am going to make more cause there sooo good! just put my baked potato in for lunch and having syn free chips beans and frylight egg for tea in between am going to try eat lots of fruit made some home made taziki last night so might have some carrots with that! its so hard and a pain sometimes having to cook everything from scratch constantly by the time ive cooked it i think dont want it no more n its nearly tea time lol but this has got to be the best diet ive heard of!! :) sorry for rambling on lol x

Totally get where youre coming from! I've been doing sw a week now and lost 4lb, today I've had no syns and now I'm eating chocolate?! Crazy diet but I love it!

how did you manage to lose 4lbs on your first gosh am jealous maybe my body takes longer to convince am eating better haha go you though thats amazing really doesnt feel like a diet atall all i feel like im doing if cooking and eating lol x

Back