Eaten an omelette

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
Have been feeling lousy all day. Am coming down with a cold, haven't had a period for two months (I'm in the menopause phase where my periods, hormones and emotions can occasionally be all over the place). I'd had a shake for breakast, a soup for lunch and this evening just couldn't face another of either. I felt I really wanted to eat. So I made a 2 egg omelette, fried in a tiny amount of butter with a slice of ham and about 1oz of grated cheddar. No carbs so shouldn't affect ketosis but may have compromised some weight loss due to increased calories today. Having said that, I didn't have my third shake so that will have a slight countering effect. I guess one day with only two shakes won't hurt. I'm sure I had days before when I didn't get 100% of all my vitamins and minerals and I've still had all my water. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I needed it and I'll be back on track tomorrow. BTW, took son to see Rango this pm. Two of the most tedious hours of my life, which didn't improve my mood. A very weird film for kids. The animated characters were quite repulsive and even sinister, the story was bizarre, lots of reference points to old western movies which kids just wouldn't get. If you're thinking about going, you've been warned.

Oh thanks for that info, i was going to take my step daughter in a few weeks but maybe not... there is another film out on the 1st april, an easter one, cant think of the name so will take her to see that one instead!!
Re the omlette, you probably chose the right thing out of everything and im sure you will do fine!!! Dont worry too much, just get yourself better!!!

You're probably thinking of 'Rio' which is out for Easter. That looks great so will definitely be taking him to see that one too.

Yeah thats the one i think :)

oh cate ,i did the same ,only worse :( .read my " miss piggy" post.
Im finding it quite hard at the moment ,probably because TOM is on its way . I just hope i get back on track
xx

I too had an awful day yesterday, the worst so far, I felt like I was climbing the walls. Maybe it's a weekend thing? You've done so well I don't think 1 protein attack should do any harm, did you enjoy it?

All protein so could have been much worse Cate.....hopefully it will have satisfied you for a few more days. I did the same with scrambled eggs, in the last couple of weeks before my official refeed I had scrambled eggs nearly every night cos I as taking serious medication and without the eggs I was spaced out beyond belief.......still carried on losing though:D

Thanks for your supportive comments ladies. I did enjoy it and today am feeling quite OK to keep on going. I know lots of people manage to stay 100% throughout, and I really do take my hat off to them, but I've just accepted that I'm not one of them and if it takes an occasional protein hit to satisfy my urge to eat which then keeps me on the straight and narrow for a couple more weeks then so be it. If this means that it takes me a few more weeks to reach goal then that's a compromise I'm prepared to make for the sake of my sanity and to keep me on the diet. I am very careful though - I only ever eat protein. Have never gone on a carb binge.

Hi cate, I am having an awful day today and reading your post has help! I was thinking of eating a salad to see if it will shake the sick feeling I have had from yesterday, but like the sound of eggs so much better!!

Thanks

Elaine

Don't do it Elaine if you can help it, especially not at the beginning of the diet.....try and ride it out!

I agree Cate i think im the same as you,
Because yesterday for me it wasnt a spur of the moment i didnt just give in i had been battling with my consience nearly all afternoon i was so empty and felt like i just couldnt function without some food. Today im feeling much better like i did on day 1 so probably may have to do this again when i get desperate again and as long as i am straight back on it again it should be ok. I hope xx

Hi I held out and didn't eat anything!! Just have to think about the goals I have set myself! Thanks for the support!!

Well done lainey its better to be 100% if u can do it! :)

I hope I didn't encourage people to eat with my omelette post. I have been 100% 95% of the time I've been on this diet and was totally 100% for the first three weeks. However, I do occasionally have an almost overwhelming need to eat something - it's not a craving for a specific food, just a need to eat. That's when I might have a slice of ham or a small cube of cheese. Having an omelette was a one-off in six weeks. Hope I can go without one for another six weeks. Stay strong people.

Back