Eating 1000 calories a day?

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by becca0121, 6 February 2013 Social URL.

1. becca0121

becca0121 New Member

I'm about 5'6 and 95kg, (I know I'm a fatty!). So I'm looking to hopefully lose about 25-30kg by July, desperately want a beach bod for my summer hols! Is this possible if I stick to a diet of around 1000-1200 calories a day and running 15km a day? I have MyFitnessPal installed on my iPhone which recommends that I eat 1340 cals a day but I'm just not hungry enough to reach that many! Any tips or advice is muchly appreciated :) thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leighthesim

Leighthesim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    As a women you should aim for about 1200 kcals a day, for womanly reasons.
    Also if you eat too less your body will stop losing the weight, so it's better to eat a little more, if you can't eat your 1200 you can always take it up from 1000kcals by having a glass of orange juice or something :)

4. Fedupwelshgirl

Fedupwelshgirl Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I also follow MFP and it said i should be having 1200kcals per day but i always struggle to eat that much. ;)

5. Rmack

Rmack New Member

Start Weight:
    89kg
    Current Weight:
    89kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm doing the same, working away from home and it's soooo hard to keep to the 1200 calories over by about 200 today :(

6. Fedupwelshgirl

Fedupwelshgirl Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I managed to stick with 1200 today but the food i had wasnt very healthy. :rolleyes:

7. drisso

drisso Member

To gain weight with a high metabolism you will really have to up the calories. This means adding an extra 1000-2000 calories to your maintenance level calories. This will literally force your body to gain weight.

8. missRV

missRV Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(15.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and Gym
    Last year I followed a fad diet of this juice drink which was 400 calories a day... I felt ill after 2 days got weighed and lost NOTHING!

9. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(58.14%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    If you're having that much exercise you really need much more than 1000-1200 a day (you shouldn't go below 1200 anyway unless it's a properly supervised VLCD). 1340 still sounds much too low for that amount of exercise. I've never gone below 1400, and I do no exercise at all (and have lost 8 stone so far). Good luck. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.