Eating 1500cals a day, walking 5 miles 5 days a week and losing 3lbs a week!

Just had to post....... for the first time ever on my home scales I am in the 17stones..... when naked yay...... I post the weight officially which is done at boots with my jeans top and boots on. So I should be in for a good loss next week possibly 2lbs or maybe three, I can't wait, altho I shall not be weighing myself next thursday as its half term week, but the following thursday. Its just amazing to see that I am getting closer and closer to my goals. I am suprised that others havent done what I have done and devised there own eating plan. I have been referred to the obesity clinic on the 1st october, i phoned them and they told me it was a 3 month waiting list yikes.... i mentioned that i had lost a far bit of weight already and was worried it may affect my referral as I will soon be under 40BMI and she said no.... I will still be fairly overweight still anyway by the time january comes, I am hoping to be in the 16stones, so obviously I will still need it. You maybe asking why, if I am doing my own thing i have asked the doctor for a referral, well I want to have backing for reconstructive surgery even tho I am doing lots and lots of exercise I know i will have loose skin on my tummy and on my breasts that will need to be reconstructed. hopefully by my birthday in April I hope to be 14stones something.........

Well done for your weightloss, you must be feeling fantastic & in my opinion getting out there in the fresh air gives a huge sense of well being. I ride my bike twice a day & I always feel invigorated. (except when it rains :banghead: )

I like the idea of eating plans aswell, I wish I had some proper guidance in that department from an organisation because there wasnt much care for health & nutrution in my house when I was growing up so I have no education in that area like alot of people I think, & always feel abit ovewhelmed by it all.

Theres so many different ways to lose weight, I hope I dont have to try too many before I find the one that suits me. But to all the people on here who have achieved weightloss & happiness well done & good vibes for the future :)

Well done on your amazing losses. :D

Keep up the good work, you're doing fantastic. :) x

August 16th - 20 stone 11lbs
August 23rd - 20 stone 5lbs
August 30th - 20 stone 1lbs
Septem 6th - 19 stone 11lbs
Septem 19th - 19 stone 5lbs
Septem 13th - 19 stone 2lbs
Septem 27th - 19 stone
Octobe 4th - 18 stone 10lbs
Octobe 11th - 18 stone 7lbs
Octobe 18th - 18 stone 5lbs
Octobe 25th - 18 stone 3lbs:rolleyes:

Well done Cherry. I do agree with you about the diet industry to an extent and I can see that you appear to have opened a can of worms with your posts. Hey ho, different strokes for different folks I say. Whatever works, works. Some people need the structure of a diet class/plan and some don't. Clearly, you have found your way without needing the class structure. Well done.

I never meant to open a can of worms...... I find it so strange that people can find the willpower to live on just packet shakes/and or have tablets and then have the willpower to avoid high fat foods but not be able to have the willpower to eat less.

I have been losing weight staedily..... I read about foos and there nutrition and find I crave food I haven't even tasted because the nutrients they contain have made it attractive to me..... I find I concentrate on foods which have nutrients that support skin and hair growth and try to include them in my eating, because I want to support my skin as it shrinks back into shape.......hopefully. I wish I had another version of me as a control version to see if it really is making a difference...... I find that as a reformed binge and confort eater...... I can control the urge, but since the only time I have an urge is when I have had a very bad day or someone has upset me, I am able to reconise it quickly and reason it thru with myself. I guess 10weeks and food has got now a totally different meaning to me now.

I never meant to open a can of worms......

Ummm. Perhaps you know now that coming onto a forum that has very many VLCDers and slating the diet, and it's dieters in a first post is likely to open a can of worms ;)

I find it so strange that people can find the willpower to live on just packet shakes/
I have tried what you are doing a number of times. Each time I lost a few stone (like you), then came to a grinding halt. The last time I did this way, I was doing fine but then stalled...then contracted meniere's disease, which at the time left me deaf and virtually house bound, owing to extreme dizziness with loss of consciousness; so my exercise went out of the window :(

After a while of failing on what seemed the perfect diet, I felt so crap about myself, the binging got worse, and the amount of 'healthy' and then unhealthy foods I started consuming caused a gain (again;))
Personally, I found it a lot easier.
Notice the 'personally'. Personally, I didn't. Not the whole way until goal.

I have been losing weight staedily....
So far...but this is the easy part. When you have a fair amount to lose, it should come off easier with healthy eating and exercise. I really hope your weight losses continue as they have been so you too don't get discouraged.

I have to ask, if this way of eating is so easy for you, why didn't you try it before:confused: I think most of us have long before we put on a lot of weight. I really don't mean to offend, but am curious.

The majority of us have done many different plans (including the one you are doing), but in the long term, found it didn't suit.

I do wish you the best with your chosen plan, and hope that one day...even if you don't understand why other people have chosen a different path, you can accept that we each have to find our own way based on our history of weight loss/gain/eating disorders.

Ummm. Perhaps you know now that coming onto a forum that has very many VLCDers and slating the diet, and it's dieters in a first post is likely to open a can of worms ;)

I have tried what you are doing a number of times. Each time I lost a few stone (like you), then came to a grinding halt. The last time I did this way, I was doing fine but then stalled...then contracted meniere's disease, which at the time left me deaf and virtually house bound, owing to extreme dizziness with loss of consciousness; so my exercise went out of the window :(

After a while of failing on what seemed the perfect diet, I felt so crap about myself, the binging got worse, and the amount of 'healthy' and then unhealthy foods I started consuming caused a gain (again;))
Notice the 'personally'. Personally, I didn't. Not the whole way until goal.

So far...but this is the easy part. When you have a fair amount to lose, it should come off easier with healthy eating and exercise. I really hope your weight losses continue as they have been so you too don't get discouraged.

I have to ask, if this way of eating is so easy for you, why didn't you try it before:confused: I think most of us have long before we put on a lot of weight. I really don't mean to offend, but am curious.

The majority of us have done many different plans (including the one you are doing), but in the long term, found it didn't suit.

I do wish you the best with your chosen plan, and hope that one day...even if you don't understand why other people have chosen a different path, you can accept that we each have to find our own way based on our history of weight loss/gain/eating disorders.

I havent slated vlcd....... I just think it takes an enormous amount of willpower not to eat real food for months on end, just seems to make more sense to me to eat real food in smaller portions, and maybe my weight may slow down like yours did, maybe I contact that disease you did, or then again maybe i won't who knows? As for why didnt I doi this before, to be honest with you, I didnt understand calories, nutrients or even the way the body deals with food. The more I read about food, the more I have a deep apprieciation about all different kinds of food, and now see different foods from another level. I do have some foods that arent fantastic, like I do enjoy a can of sugar free redbull, the sweetners are not great and caffiene is not brilliant, but I find it helps make me feel awake and alert when i am walking, so benefit. I dont have tea or coffee and drink herble teas the rest of the day so I think I can allow myself this one treat. I like 85% dark chocolate and have a piece or two a day, again there is a benefit to having it, but eating lots is not good. I know that Kd as it seems that you are a counsellor for Cd and lost 8 stones I presume you lost it on CD, thats fine that was your path and thats ok, I just see a vlcd like a stage before have WLS, and I think that you try allsorts of ways to lose weight before having to resort to extreme measures, which if you are honest a vlcd is, an extreme measure. because in effect living on SS is in a way staving yourself, going into ketosis is not an ideal state to be in and carbs are not evil. All foods groups are essential otherwise we wouldnt have them, having a deep understanding of food can lead you to make the right choices, I feel that it is my choice to lose weight this way and I am writing about my experience, I don't know what I have done wrong?

I know that when my weight drops it is real weight loss.

I have posted this and will post my weekly losses to hopefully encourage others who have alot of weight to lose, to lose weight in a old fashioned way.

You dont need to join a slimming club and pay £5 a week to get weighed, you dont need to buy special packet food which costs them peanuts to make but costs you alot.

If you never deal with the emotional eating you will always find that you will always have a problem with overeating .

Hiya hun. Well done on the continued weight loss, keep up the good work! :)

I think some of your comments above (in the 1st post on your thread) may have been taken the wrong way.

As KD said there are a lot of people on here (probably the majority I'd say) using VLCD or TFR methods and hardly any like you & I doing it by just changing the way we eat & exercising so I think it was perhaps taken personally by some.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way & it'll all blow over. :rolleyes:

As I said good luck on your journey & may your losses continue. x :D

Hiya hun. Well done on the continued weight loss, keep up the good work! :)

I think some of your comments above (in the 1st post on your thread) may have been taken the wrong way.

As KD said there are a lot of people on here (probably the majority I'd say) using VLCD or TFR methods and hardly any like you & I doing it by just changing the way we eat & exercising so I think it was perhaps taken personally by some.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way & it'll all blow over. :rolleyes:

As I said good luck on your journey & may your losses continue. x :D

No i didnt mean it in an offensive way..... I am sure that everyone that goes for an extreme method of weightloss has indeed tried and been unsuccessful with just cutting down and exercising more....... I havent been to a slimming club yet and I havent tried a vlcd yet or WLS so I am just trying this first, and I have lost every week, i find it very discouraging having someone say that they have tried this and lose a few stone and pile it all on again and it never lasts, well i amy as well go have a bypass and save myself all the effort, by that comment.

I'm sure nobody meant to offend you either hun!

Keep up the good work, you're doing great! :D

Like I said I'm doing it the same as you & it's taken me 6 months to get this far but I'm sticking with it as I know I'll get there in the end! :innocent0001:

Please don't take anything to heart , everyone on here is so helpful & supportive.

PM me if you want to chat.

Take care. x x x :hug99:

I know that Kd as it seems that you are a counsellor for Cd and lost 8 stones I presume you lost it on CD

Yep. Did Cambridge to get to goal, now do the healthy eating/exercising, for the last 3+ years. It's easy now :)
I don't know what I have done wrong?
I guess you've painted a very negative picture of vlcds and also said that you didn't understand why people chose that way. I just tried to explain...along with congratulating you.

I know what you are doing is the ideal, but you also give the impression that you are here to educate the idiots that chose VLCDs because they know no better. I'm sorry, but that's how you come over.

diet industry like going to a club or a vlcd, is like giving control to someone else, them telling you what you should eat, and your paying for it (through the nose)too....... seems silly.
There is a better way,
I just wanted to explain that many of us do know, and have tried with the healthy eating and exercise.

Not saying it doesn't work, because it does! But we aren't all in the same position to make it work for us at various stages in our heads.

i find it very discouraging having someone say that they have tried this and lose a few stone and pile it all on again and it never lasts,

;) You did indicate that about VLCDs and other diets. Putting on 9lbs in a week, and how they might find it hard to maintain when they've finished.

I suppose I was just trying to explain that unless your head is in the right place, then it doesn't matter which way you chose to lose weight, your way, or our way, the weight will go back on.

As I've said a few times now (along with others), you've done very well. I hope you can keep that head in the right place until you get to goal. Not saying that sarcastically or anything!! Really do hope it continues to go well for you!

I'm sure nobody meant to offend you either hun!

Keep up the good work, you're doing great! :D

Like I said I'm doing it the same as you & it's taken me 6 months to get this far but I'm sticking with it as I know I'll get there in the end! :innocent0001:

Please don't take anything to heart , everyone on here is so helpful & supportive.

PM me if you want to chat.

Take care. x x x :hug99:

Don't know how to PM you lol, anyway thankyou for your support, and I am glad there is at least another person like me who wants to try the first rung on the ladder to lose excess weight. I read your blog, I am lucky really as I am taller than you so being a heavy weight doesnt look so bad, I can do up a pair of size 20 jeans which i have had in my cupboard for two years which feels wonderful, altho I fit comfy in size 20's when I am just under 16stone so a couple more stone to lose, hoping to lose that by january. I dont know where all my motivation has come from as I have children and have chocolate and treats in the house for the kids, I try not to eat after my main meal in the evening, I have Ian Marbers food doctor diet book which says that eating carbs with your evening meal is not suh a great idea as you dont burn that much energy in the evening so im trying that and it seems to be working, think i am in for a big loss next week, as I am weighin naked on my home scales at 17stone 10 :) I weigh four or five pounds heavier with my clothes and boots on when i weigh myself officially at boots, another thing I have done is put my weightloss tickets on the fridge as well as two photos of me weighing at 21stones, I dont even look like me on those. I am gettting my hair done on the 8th November to give me a boost. So all in all, I am very pleased with myself, and think that being 3stone down almost it seems my next target of getting down to 5stone down seems soooooooo much more posible than it did only 10 weeks ago when I weighed in at a massive 20stone 11lbs.:)

Hi Cherry,

I have been following your blog, and i must say your are v.inspiring to me!
I have to start by congratulating you on your great weight loss so far, and also to say dont listen to any negative comments you are receiving on YOUR blog!

Anyway, abit about myself, I have in the past lost weight and maintained it for years through sensible eating and exercise, unfortunately i too got sucked into the diet industry, and to be honest ive done nothing but put on weight since. The obsessive nature it brings out in people is unreal, and i must say i have never had a problem with my weight, until i joined a gym & weight watchers to lose those last few pounds!!

Now a few years later i look back at the way i was before, eating healthy, small portions and exercising regularly & happily with my exercise videos and i looked great and i was happy!

So after reading your blog, I ditched weight watchers, it made me realise your completely right, and fair play to us all that are trying to lose weight, and whilst im not slagging off anyone who does any diet, at the end of the day , we are all on this journey together.... BUT we all have to ask ourselves where will this journey end...

If your on a diet of shakes then probably never... but if your making a life change like Cherry & myself then heres to a lifetime of maintaining our weight, because realisticaly your body needs food and regular exercise to remain healthy!

Good Luck Cherry!!:thankyou:

Hi Cherry,

I have been following your blog, and i must say your are v.inspiring to me!
I have to start by congratulating you on your great weight loss so far, and also to say dont listen to any negative comments you are receiving on YOUR blog!

Anyway, abit about myself, I have in the past lost weight and maintained it for years through sensible eating and exercise, unfortunately i too got sucked into the diet industry, and to be honest ive done nothing but put on weight since. The obsessive nature it brings out in people is unreal, and i must say i have never had a problem with my weight, until i joined a gym & weight watchers to lose those last few pounds!!

Now a few years later i look back at the way i was before, eating healthy, small portions and exercising regularly & happily with my exercise videos and i looked great and i was happy!

So after reading your blog, I ditched weight watchers, it made me realise your completely right, and fair play to us all that are trying to lose weight, and whilst im not slagging off anyone who does any diet, at the end of the day , we are all on this journey together.... BUT we all have to ask ourselves where will this journey end...

If your on a diet of shakes then probably never... but if your making a life change like Cherry & myself then heres to a lifetime of maintaining our weight, because realisticaly your body needs food and regular exercise to remain healthy!

Good Luck Cherry!!:thankyou:

I am really glad that I have inspired you, I do find that I do eat smaller portions, strangely even if you feel hungry still after eating if you wait 30mins, you will stop feeling hungry as your body takes 30mins to register food, I am a quick eater..... so I evaluate what i think a normal portion is, if you eat smaller portions and eat regular, i tend to have a couple of healthy snacks in between, then its easier to maintain sugar levels....... as sometimes when your sugar levels drop you crave sugar which can feel like hunger pangs..... then you get into a circle so my research has lead me to believe that chosing sugary foods is not such a good idea if i want to stay in control of my eating and moods. I used to tell people i was allergic to eating fish as I couldnt bear the thought of eating it, but now I say that fish has become the main protein i eat as well beans and lentil, I rarely eat red meat, but have chicken or turkey twice a week. The only thing i do is limit carbs in the evening as I dont burn much energy then, but I have a carby breakfast because i know i am gonna get out and burn the energy off. I think that personally I have gained alot from 6taking responsibilty for my own food intake, I am in control of what i buy and what I consume. You have inspired me too to stay on this site, thankyou for being so brave!;)

Exactly, im sorry i felt i had to say something as this is your blog and i know people have their opinions but theres no need to be so negative, were supposed to be supporting eachother!!! ;)

You have the right idea there, im going for 3 small meals and 2 snacks, and i know already my stomach is shrinking and my body is getting used to the portion size because i am no longer able or want to eat bigger portions.

I am feeling fitter, healthier and very positive, and you should too, dont let anyone ruin the happiness you are feeling about your weight loss!!!

Keep it going Cherry, your doind brilliant so far and you should be so so proud of yourself wohoo!!!

August 16th - 20 stone 11lbs
August 23rd - 20 stone 5lbs
August 30th - 20 stone 1lbs
Septem 6th - 19 stone 11lbs
Septem 19th - 19 stone 5lbs
Septem 13th - 19 stone 2lbs
Septem 27th - 19 stone
Octobe 4th - 18 stone 10lbs
Octobe 11th - 18 stone 7lbs
Octobe 18th - 18 stone 5lbs
Octobe 25th - 18 stone 3lbs
Novem 1st - 18 stone 1lbs