EATING AT CHIQUITOS TIPS

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
ok so im a reg at chiquitos
sadly there isnt much info so you gotta just wing it a bit
so here goes this is what i tend to go for

i tend to bypass the starters as i just get too full now a days
there are a few starters that would be a reasonable choice chicken wings if you remove all skin (a bit of a faff if you ask me but you could or the tomato soup

if i have fajitas i ask if i can swap the wraps for rice as the wraps ARE A BIG NO NO as high in syns they have never bothered but if they do just tell em you have a wheat intolerance lol:sigh::p

AVOID THE BURGERS however tasty they may be you can make your own just using a few syns for sauce and hex at home (now i make healthy burger and chips at home i find i dont bother about them when out)

the fiery chicken with rice is a good option but the sauce will req a few syns as a guesstimate

veggie jambalaya doesnt look too bad but it will be some syns as will the veg bean chilli

the mahi mahi would be a good choice too but once again put aside a few syns for sauce

cillantro or (corriander) chicken looks like it could be a good choice too and comes with wilted spinnach

the veggie tapas taco tray looks good but if you could swap your wraps for more rice or a side salad it would be fantastic (always worth an ask)

ASK FOR SALADS WITHOUT DRESSING (and take your own in your bag)

STEAKS are a great option make sure you remove all fat and swap chips and onion rings for rice and salad

when they ask if you want any side orders salad is a fantastic option and 1/3 sf (just make sure you avoid dressings or ask for it on the side so you control the syns

ok so simplified

WRAPS ARE THE DEVIL swap for rice:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
sauces have syns so watch out :sigh:
AVOID anything FRIED:wave_cry:
and dont forget your 1/3 superfree;)

OH and if you NEED a pud they do some in shot glasses they will still be a fair few syns but alot less than a full size pud:)

This is great I love chiquitos, and their fajitas so will try asking for rice instead next time ;)

Good tips... Especially taking salad dressing in your bag, can't believe I never thought of that.

Gotta be honest though it's so rare that I eat out (been over 3 months now :( ) that I usually just order whatever I like without worrying about syns. Will without doubt use the salad dressing tip though because I actually prefer the syn free ones to the others.

i also if i leave quite a bit ask to take my food away and most restaurants are happy to pack it up ive paid for it so im having it

did that today at harvester as my 2 yr old son filled up on the free salad so his lunch got boxed up and after bringing home and re plating up it will now do for 2 meals so off one trip to harvester he has 3 meals :)

and he picked a reasonably healthy meal too sausage new potatoes with peas and corn he loves new potatoes :)

The baha bowls are good and you can ask for them without the wrap! I love my chiqutios as I always order the prawn baha bowl then it was gone and asked them they said prawns are really expensive sobi was like oh I'm and started looking for summery else then the guy came over and said the chef will make me one :) I was so happy I has the churros to celebrate lol :/

The baha bowls are good and you can ask for them without the wrap! I love my chiqutios as I always order the prawn baha bowl then it was gone and asked them they said prawns are really expensive sobi was like oh I'm and started looking for summery else then the guy came over and said the chef will make me one :) I was so happy I has the churros to celebrate lol :/

if prawns are expensive they could just add a supliment to it ie an extra few £ if you want prawns and bring it back

Kathefford said:
how much are the dressings at harvester?

Ha ha asking about harvester in a chiqutios thread! I'm guessing they won't be free so 1 syn for every 20 cals me spud :)

how much are the dressings at harvester?

i actually bought the hot sauce that you get on the table from harvester last time i went its 1/2 a syn a tbsp dont know about any others but they put the calories on the salad bar dressings so i work on around 1 syn is 20 cal

I loooove chiquitos! However when I go out for a meal its usually as a rare treat so I just say sod the slimming world and have what you fancy :D need an attitude adjustment!

We are off there tomorrow and wondered what the chicken breast on the bone without the sauce and the mexican salad? Do you think that would be low syn!!! Its my son's birthday and he really wants to go there but do I flexi syn or watch everyone else eating yummy things and I follow the plan :0( I know what I should do!!!

not_lar_croft said:
We are off there tomorrow and wondered what the chicken breast on the bone without the sauce and the mexican salad? Do you think that would be low syn!!! Its my son's birthday and he really wants to go there but do I flexi syn or watch everyone else eating yummy things and I follow the plan :0( I know what I should do!!!

Sounds ok to me but remove the skin and add a side salad the mexican salad will have a few syns and prob not enough superfree i always get a side salad and wolf it down with my meat so end up leaving some of the synned stuff .... Im always full when i leave just avoid wraps and tried stuff .... I get fajitas and swap wraps for Rice and ask for salad and salsa instead of guacamole cheese and sourcream

went for all the wrong things - nachos as a starter, quesadillas as a main and chocolate fudge brownie as a desert - did have a diet coke as a drink though!!! Have drawn a line under today and back on it tomorrow. Then went to see TED at the cinema, no popcorn so redeemed myself a little bit.

ok so im a reg at chiquitos
sadly there isnt much info so you gotta just wing it a bit
so here goes this is what i tend to go for

i tend to bypass the starters as i just get too full now a days
there are a few starters that would be a reasonable choice chicken wings if you remove all skin (a bit of a faff if you ask me but you could or the tomato soup

if i have fajitas i ask if i can swap the wraps for rice as the wraps ARE A BIG NO NO as high in syns they have never bothered but if they do just tell em you have a wheat intolerance lol:sigh::p

AVOID THE BURGERS however tasty they may be you can make your own just using a few syns for sauce and hex at home (now i make healthy burger and chips at home i find i dont bother about them when out)

the fiery chicken with rice is a good option but the sauce will req a few syns as a guesstimate

veggie jambalaya doesnt look too bad but it will be some syns as will the veg bean chilli

the mahi mahi would be a good choice too but once again put aside a few syns for sauce

cillantro or (corriander) chicken looks like it could be a good choice too and comes with wilted spinnach

the veggie tapas taco tray looks good but if you could swap your wraps for more rice or a side salad it would be fantastic (always worth an ask)

ASK FOR SALADS WITHOUT DRESSING (and take your own in your bag)

STEAKS are a great option make sure you remove all fat and swap chips and onion rings for rice and salad

when they ask if you want any side orders salad is a fantastic option and 1/3 sf (just make sure you avoid dressings or ask for it on the side so you control the syns

ok so simplified

WRAPS ARE THE DEVIL swap for rice:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
sauces have syns so watch out :sigh:
AVOID anything FRIED:wave_cry:
and dont forget your 1/3 superfree;)

OH and if you NEED a pud they do some in shot glasses they will still be a fair few syns but alot less than a full size pud:)

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I was wondering you knew the syn value for the fajitas with rice instead of wraps? And could you do this with the burritos as well? :) (I would have the veggie options)

Back