eating before weigh ins ..

kmcxx

i get really nervous before my weigh in, and tend to not eat beforehand im scared to haha! wait til after to have my dinner, just wondering if everyone is the same? any light snack suggestions for before weigh in? what do you all do before weigh ins ..

kmcxx

ME!!! I used to do the same. Light lunch and eat when I get back from Slimming. Its my fault for doing it for the first few weeks, because you have to do the same every week otherwise you might put on!! :D

im weighing in tonight and do the same as im scared of the scales lol, i would just have an alpen bar for brekkie n some salad with chicken for lunch about 12, then n drinks after 4 lol

In my current group I weigh in at 12:45 on a thursday which is great because I have a cereal bar before I go, then have my lunch afterwards. In my previous group I weighed in at 7pm on monday. Oh that was tough going because I'd get really hungry prior to WI but I was too scared to eat much! Also with it being a monday, there was no time to pull things back after a synful weekend. It's a shame though because the consultant was far better at my original group. Ah well, you can't have everything I suppose...

I weigh in at 5.30 or 7pm (depends on when I finish work) but don't tend to eat until afterwards. I normally have my lunch at 12.30 then no drinks after 4pm - it's just habit really and now I've started, I can't change or I'll have an unnecessary gain! How about eating a hartley's low sugar jelly or a banana if you're peckish? Good luck! :)

i weigh in at 5.30 on a monday eve and i eat my breakfast,a snack if i want one and lunch as normal then nothing to eat from around 1pm until after i've weighed in.

Mine is at 1pm so I eat breakfast and a little snack (like a piece of fruit) mid morning, then I weigh in and immediately eat my lunch at the class (I have it prepacked ha ha....I always get people commenting on what I'm eating like "oh is that the syn free quiche?" lol)

I also go for a wee before weigh in (OK TMI I know but you did ask what I do before I weigh in).

Its getting difficult now the weather is cooler to wear light pants - no way am I wearing jeans! ha ha

Two years ago, when I started, I didn't eat before weigh-in, but when I restarted last week, I decided to eat and drink as I would every other day. My weigh-in is 10.00 a.m., so I have a normal brekkie and cup of coffee. I'm glad I started out this way, as I don't get home 'til lunchtime. I see other slimmers taking a banana or hi-fi bar to nibble/gobble just after their weigh-in and they then have their coffee!

tee hee.

I am almost passing out with hunger by the time I weigh - in 'blush'.

I have my lunch at 12 noon and only have a sandwich on weigh in day - don't drink anything after 2 pm - weigh in about 7 pm'ish.

I take a banana and buy my hi-fi bars and have one of those too whilst the consultant is doing her thing - can't wait to get home and have my tea too at 8 pm.

Aren't I silly - it's just something though I have always done.

tee hee.

I am almost passing out with hunger by the time I weigh - in 'blush'.

I have my lunch at 12 noon and only have a sandwich on weigh in day - don't drink anything after 2 pm - weigh in about 7 pm'ish.

I take a banana and buy my hi-fi bars and have one of those too whilst the consultant is doing her thing - can't wait to get home and have my tea too at 8 pm.

Aren't I silly - it's just something though I have always done.

Oh you poor thing! Not silly, I did it too last time! The trouble is once you do that, you are either stuck with it or face an apparent gain or smaller loss the next week, but just think it's only the once that you have to bite the bullet, then in future you don't need to go hungry to class?

I just eat as normal. However, due to the time I finish work and class starting, I've no time to have my tea until I get back.

I don't eat before weigh in, but only because I normally have dinner about 6ish with hubby anyway, so its not really a big stretch to wait to 7, having a bit of fruit after I weigh in at 5:30 til I'm home.

I paid for it a few weeks ago when I had a stir-fry for lunch (which I didn't have till 2pm!) and had Egg Noodles. A huge regret on my part when I felt bloated during WI and found I'd only 'lost' 1 1/2lbs! Still a loss but I was used to seeing bigger no's!
I weigh-in on a Wednesday afternoon at around 5pm, I stick to what I eat everyday, however I have fruit for my Mid-Afternoon snack rather then the 'Alpen Light' bar which I save for after the WI which I have with a cup of tea during Image Therapy!

I used to weigh in on a Monday at 5.30. I'd eat breakfast as normal, and then just drink Very Strong Coffee* all day (and nothing after 3 pm). As soon as I weighed in, I'd have a hi-fi bar, a yoghurt and some fruit. And occasionally some cottage cheese.

I've now rejoined and gone for a Wednesday 10 am weigh in. I don't do breakfast that early on a non-work day and so it's not an issue for me. I'll probably have a yoghurt and a banana after weighing before IT starts.

Oh, and I have to wee IMMEDIATELY before weighing. It's a pavlovian thing!

* in the hope that it would have an *ahem* laxative effect. It generally didn't.

Back