Step 1 Sole Source Eating chicken after operation.. weight loss affected??

xamybopx

So, in my first 3 weeks I have lost a total of 18lbs, I am due to get weighed tommorow but I am worrying as this week I will be eating chicken breast (with a small amount of low fat philadelphia) for my dinner as I had an operation yesterday and my medication is making me feel ill. My Cambridge consultant and my doctor have both agreed this is for the best. Has anybody else had this before? and how did it affect your weight loss? I understand that due to being operated on I will likely be retaining water and this will affect it too?

Eek!

Thanks
Amy x

Possibly, but only temporarily. That's the thing about water retention - it's always temporary and water weight pounds always come off in the end. Protein's absolutely a good choice after an operation. No matter how minor the procedure, your body's going to have to do some repairs.

Try not to worry about your weight loss this week and concentrate on getting fully fit again! Hope you feel better soon x x

Thank you! Getting weighed at 2pm so will let you know how I get on xx

I gained 2lbs, but this is most likely water retention. Getting weighed again on Monday.. fingers crossed. x

Back