Eating Enough Protein?

Cherry_Pie

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else here shared my problem. I think I rarely eat enough protein. A quick hunt on the interwebz says the average woman needs 45g of protein per day. I very rarely eat red meat - I think being constantly told by the media how we eat too much of it has weaned me off it. Also, when I do have meat/fish, it's cheaper to make it stretch as far as possible by bulking it out with veg or carbs. I have some nuts on my cereal, but that's about it. I have a couple of eggs once a week, maybe, for breakfast.

I'm thinking about buying some sort of protein bar, as I have a sweet tooth anyway, and I figure I might as well get some protein when I get the 3pm munchies. However, I personally don't think it's great that I need to get protein from a choccy bar, when I should really be getting it in a more natural form.

Does anyone else struggle to get enough protein? Any tips? Advice?

I have to eat protein with every meal on the regime I follow at the advise of my personal trainer. I was a vegetarian for 25 years and then realised my carb intake was far too high if I tried to get protein from other sources. I have found the balance, I eat fish and chicken now and take a protein shake for breakfast as well as adding the powder to yoghurt twice a day for a snack.
Protein in a bar is natural as long as there are no additives, the down side is that they are expensive... this guy has a cheaper alternative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7yixMZWJo

You could buy Nutrisport 90+ protein powder. Its about 22g protein per scoop and you would only need 1 a day (getting the other protein from your regular diet) if you google Nutrisport 90+ you should be able to find websites that do it for about £45 delivered for 5kg and there are afew different flavours. I would hurry though as the goverment is adding 20%vat on sports suppliments from 1st october.

Back