Eating out in liverpool

charleybabes

Silver Member
afternoon all.

well we are taking the children to liverpool on saturday ..going to have a look round the museums etc..
anyways im planning on having a red day.
we are going to have a sw fry up for breakfast to set us up for the day, but i know the kids will want somthing later on in the day ..
just wondered if anyone knew of sw friendly places we could take them and also what i could order

steak is bound to be cooked in tons of oil isnt it so i guess that is off the menu...just dont know what to go for and were to go!!

what i would do is go to the museum of liverpool / maratine museum then head into liverpool one for something to eat, the are places to eat upstairs ranging from pizza shops for the kids and also (if memory seves right) a buffet style place where you can get what you want, how you want, should be able to get something sort of slimming world friendly there.. think it's called red hot (??) after that i'd make my way up to the museum of life / walker art gallery.. it's roughly what i do on a day out to liverpool. hope thats helpfull.

How about nandos in Liverpool one? You can tailor your meal so you don't go over your syns, just have loads of roast chicken and things? The fat free frozen yoghurt is apparently syn free as well haha! Red hot does have a massive choice, but if you're on a red day, there's no way of telling how the meat was cooked, you can sometimes get meat cooked to order but synning a meal there might be difficult? Hope you have a good time!

Sorry I missed this, what did you end up doing?? No point in me reccomending stuff now, haha.

strawberryflavouredpixie said:
Oh, and there's a cafe called SkinniMalinx on Castle Street which actually has all the syns values on the menus, and does syn free soups and low syn treats! Can't believe I forgot that one haha

That must be a best kept secret,hadn' t heard of it,but will deffo have to try it:-D

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm going to Viva Brazil on Monday on Castle Street, the all you can eat meat restaurant. I'm pretty worried all the meat will be saturated with fat but its amazing! The salad bar is really good and I'm going to be sensible and fill up on lots of salad. Eeek!

Viva Brazil is my fave place ever. Shame you couldn't get in for the early bird though coz then it's only £12 ish compared to £25 or whatever it is. I like it when I pay full price, but I LOVE it when I only pay half!!

Oh and it's largely spit roasted (the meat) so possibly not that bad but I think most of it is glazed?? No idea. Just enjoy yourself and think- it could be worse!! I'd try to treat it as a red day and avoid pots and pasta etc x

Deffo going to try it.Do uou know if they are open lunch times? Off into town with hubby on weds and its his turn to buy lunch!

Yes Acc, I think the Lunch radizio runs up to about 4pm? That's the cheaper menu which is exactly the same as the evening menu just earlier in the day!

It is definitely worth a visit, absolutely gorgeous food. If you aren't much of a drinker don't touch the cocktails though!! They are lethal! I am very much a drinker and after 2 I was leathered:ashamed0005:

I have a voucher that's valid til 28th Feb that gives you £10 per person and can be used at Viva for the lunch OR the dinner Rodizio. Me and the OH went there for my birthday and it cost us £7.80 for us BOTH to eat! AND I lost 2.5lbs that week. Want?

Vixxster said:
I have a voucher that's valid til 28th Feb that gives you £10 per person and can be used at Viva for the lunch OR the dinner Rodizio. Me and the OH went there for my birthday and it cost us £7.80 for us BOTH to eat! AND I lost 2.5lbs that week. Want?

Hi where did you get your voucher?

JezVonSavage said:
Yes Acc, I think the Lunch radizio runs up to about 4pm? That's the cheaper menu which is exactly the same as the evening menu just earlier in the day!

It is definitely worth a visit, absolutely gorgeous food. If you aren't much of a drinker don't touch the cocktails though!! They are lethal! I am very much a drinker and after 2 I was leathered:ashamed0005:

Don' t drink,very boring I know!:-! But could be tempted0:)

Not boring- sensible! If you saw the state I was in after those 2 you wouldn't touch them!

JezVonSavage said:
Not boring- sensible! If you saw the state I was in after those 2 you wouldn't touch them!

Jez,where do you go to class? I live in west derby but go to class in broadgreen near where I work.

I go to class in Huyton now, in the British Legion opposite the village. Used to go to Margi's class in The Crown in West Derby though (lived just off Meadow Lane at the time). Joanne is my C these days- she's good and not all that pushy.

What's yours like? And where in WD do you live? We might be moving back soon :D

Not far from the jolly miller just off the drive,used to go yo marj when I did sw about 15 yrs ago and more recently.i just weigh and go,I go straight from work and if I stayed to class wouldnt get home till well after 6, too long s day!!!

I have to be honest- I really didn't like her :rolleyes: Can't believe she's a senior C now!!

Back