Cruise PV Eating out on Dukan

Taffy Girl

Went out for a meal yesterday for my aunts birthday. The plan was to go to Bella Italia - so I went through the menu beforehand and thought I'd go for a chicken cacciatore (chicken breast and veg in a tomato sauce - minus the cheese topping) with roasted veg - and ask for salad garnish instead of potatoes/chips.

However, they had a last minute change of plan and we ended up in a pub with a massive menu - most of which was high carbs and/or high fat. I really struggled to find anything remotely Dukan-friendly - but I had sweet chilli chicken skewers and salad, which turned out to be a really good choice. Wasn't sure if the sauce was allowed but it came in a little pot anyway - so I only had a teeny bit of it. Would never have chosen that before but I really enjoyed it.

We tend to eat out a fair bit and it always means a slow weight loss for me.

Made me wonder, where would you choose to go and what would you eat when trying to stick to Dukan?

I love Nandos too - dont go there very often, so wouldn't have though of that. Thanks.

Just remembered that we have a lovely portugese restaurant that does fantastic prawns and huge chicken/meat skewers that hang in the centre of the table and havent been there for ages - so that will be our next meal out!

I was going to post this question!

Next week I have a family bbq (easy peasy - stick to the chicken breasts and beef kebebs) but I am also going to the Edinburgh festival with friends and will need to either eat from the vans or go for a meal. Ine if my friends lost 4 stone with Atkins so do I just look at what she chooses and try and go for the lowest fat option?

I really think that most food outlets, no matter how up-market or not, can easily cater for this diet. Just have a quiet word with one of the waiting staff when you nip off to the powder room.
I have always made special requests when eating out as I've always been on some kind of diet or health kick. I've never found any establishment funny about it or unhelpful. Ask for dressings to be left off the plate altogether or put on the side, you can even request a special meal be prepared in most places, as long as it's not too complicated. Most places, I'm sure even burger vans will accommodate the "fussy" eater if asked nicely with a smile.

I was going to post this question!

Next week I have a family bbq (easy peasy - stick to the chicken breasts and beef kebebs) but I am also going to the Edinburgh festival with friends and will need to either eat from the vans or go for a meal. Ine if my friends lost 4 stone with Atkins so do I just look at what she chooses and try and go for the lowest fat option?

I think the general consensus from the experts on here is that when out, if you can't do Dukan then do Atkins. Steer clear of carbs and alcohol!

:eek:Indian? Doesn't it have a lot of fat? I mean their sauces? Maybe I don't eat indian very often and there are some low fat options?

Back