Total Solution Eating out

BrightonBetty

Silver Member
What do you do when you need to eat out? I am new to this and am thinking of starting on Wednesday but I know we have a meal out with the in laws on the 28th.... Do I have a meal and start again the next day?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

From the sounds of it you could do a working solutions day rather than total solutions. It might be worth it, if you know where you are going for dinner to contact the restaurant ahead, explain your situation and what you can eat and ask if they can knock up a specific meal for you. Will provably depend on the restautant but is like to think they would try to accommodate your needs especially if you warn them in advance.

Im heading out for dinner this thursday, I got Mr Lauriel VIP tickets to see Noel Gallagher and his high flying birds....Our meal is included in with the tix, luckily they sent us a menu through and it helped me out loads :) ..They had loads of vegetables, salads and lean meats on it...Mr Lauriel has chosen the biggest most calorific dinner while I'll be eating steak and greens! lol

I know where it is, it's a French restaurant in a hotel I work at. So being French there's not gonna be many things of low fat. Foie gras for starters is a no then lol. Is duck meat fatty? Oh dear, it's gonna be hard :( do I need to sign up on their page to see what could be eaten when doing working solution? And am I right in saying I could have one working solution that day and then carry on with total solution?

Sorry about all the questions, just want to get myself prepared x

Duck meat is quite fatty. There is a thread on here about exante recipes, you might want to have a look at It for ideas of what is ok. Generally go for lean meat or fish and green veg. Avoid carbs and sauces and fruit! You can probably ask for dishes without a sauce or with salad/green veg instead of what's on the menu.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, posting from me phone tends to go a bit wrong!

Duck breast is quite lean if the skin is removed and the fat rendered when cooking....Could you ask for that?

I have had their duck before and it is just lean cuts of breast with no skin or fat. You think that'll be ok? x

I did this diet last year and someone advised the main thing is to avoid anything which knocks you out of ketosis- ie. sugar, carbs and to trim off any visual fat from meat to keep it lower fat.

Enjoy yourself!

Back