Eating Times??

Caroline18

loves her boy right round
Hi Everyone! I was wondering what your thoughts were on the times that we eat dinner etc?
I tend to eat around 6/7/8pm should i be eating earler to help with weight loss? my way of thinking was the later i ate the less i would want to snack.... :confused:

There are a few myths that eating after a certain time at night slows weight loss. They are untrue - your calorific/fat intake for 24 hours is the same regardless of when you eat during those 24 hours. It shouldn't make any difference when you eat your tea - though you may feel better if you don't eat too near bedtime.

Yes its totally untrue that eating after 6pm does any harm. Lots of evidence has come out lately that its what and how much you eat that affects your weight not what time you eat it! I dont get home from work untill 7 so by the time I have made the dinner its usually at least half past that we eat it! And im doing grand on the weight loss so far. I wouldnt worry about it hun.x

I work shifts so eat at different times throughout the week. It doesnt really matter what time you eat just what you eat throughout 24 hours. My 24 hours start when I get up and end when I go to bed so night shifts can be interesting.

My feeding times are all over the shop....i do a 4 week rota at work and can't get into a set routine, but I generally eat dinner later in the eve 8/9 ish! ww leader said it dsnt matter when you eat so long as you use all your points in that day.

xx

My times are
Breakfast 9-10am
Lunch 1-2pm
Dinner 5-6pm
Healthy snacks in between though as well.

i would argue that there is a significance to when you eat. the later you eat the slower your metabolism is as you're getting ready for sleep and though this wont make you gain weight, it may make the scales in the morning look heavier than they should be due to un digested food

My friend is a personal trainer in the Gym, he's always told me not to eat past 6-7pm, ive always stuck to this even when not dieting.. funny thing is though, hes eats at random times.. dunno how true is all is though!

it makes sense your body slows down its processes when getting ready to sleep, even your breathing slows so your body can fully rest

Yep, it sure does. Im gonna read more on it, its interesting! Im bored as well lol

I really should know, i'm into science, i come from a family of medical professionals including a dietician lol

Can you find out what the hell i can do to slim my arms.. im doing everything but they havent got much smaller in 11 weeks.. im serious lol

i'll ask lol i'll get the typical stock answer " you can't spot reduce fat to reduce the size of *insert body part* you need to change your entire diet and lose weight over all" lol but i will ask.... maybe swimming might help?

oooooo the slender tone for your arms!!!! i have the Ab's belt and its bloody fantastic!

haha wicked. The weight has gone from everywhere else, but my arms.
Ive not tried swimming, probably everything but swimming. Im not confident enough to get into the pool yet, but will try the slender tone hopefully. Thanks x :)

yeah they're pretty pricey but i think boots have the slendertone systems on sale atm

no but ofcourse the knowledge your family has gained rubs off on you and the people around you because medicine and such things get talked about and if your interested in it, you remember it and increase your knowledge base.

Back