Eating when tired & stressed

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Laurenpedro, 12 February 2013 Social URL.

1. Laurenpedro

Laurenpedro Member

Hi all - I've started studying again and I find that I'm tired more than ever and tend to eat more and more. I also find that because I'm tired I've less patience with the kids which means I end up getting more exasperated and then again tend to eat more (vicious circle and emotional eating I guess). What do you guys do when this happens ? I can't see to break out of it and with young kids etc as I can't rest up so I need to find a way to deal with this - otherwise I'm just going to get bigger and bigger each day.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leighthesim

Leighthesim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Is there a way you can output the stress contructivley, maybe painting with the kids, gt someone to look after the kids for a bit and go for a walk or run. Or just have a nice warm bath once the kids have gone to bed (when you reach for a snack replace it with some fruit or a glass of NAS juice and tell your self you'll feel better after the bath)

4. skinnybodyc

skinnybodyc Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(28.93%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers /skinny fiber/exercise
    I also over eat when im tired or stressed. I fill tubs with chopped up fruit and vegetables or maybe a chicken salad and i keep them in the fridge That way i always have something to hand when it hits.I also powerwalk to destress i know its not always practical when you have kids so maybe taking a break ,putting on some fun music and having a dance around with the kids ,Hopefully it will destress you and tire the kids out LOL

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.