Total Solution EatPrayLove's Exante Journal

Mmmh I'm not sure but I think I might be in ketosis! I've not had any hunger pangs all day...funny copper metalic taste in mouth and still happy....almost bouncy?

Is that ketosis? Are they normal indications? :confused:

Obviously will have to check tomorrow, but fingers crossed!!

Going by other posts sounds like you're in ketosis, well done

BF

Sounds like ketosis to me chick- well done for going so far. If you need to eat then stick to protein and green veg/ salad and avoid anything with citric acid in iet (ie. lemon juice hehehe!). Sounds like you got away with it tho chick so lucky you. My hubby put a slice of pineapple on my plate at the weekend and I had a mini fit and had to change my plate and cutlery (17 weeks on plan sends me crazy!!). Don't stress to much on the urine sticks as they are unreliable. Best test is if you are not hungry and get the funny tasting mouth and you may even feel chilly too and be unable to warm up but that soon passes. Take care and keep strong xx

How are you getting on chick?

You made a great choice having tuna. High protein, low carb. You could've reached for crisps.

Hope you're getting on well and congrats on the ketosis! It's such a relief when it comes! x

It's been a long time....

Goodness me, I've finally found my way back to the forum! Long story short - broken computer, very busy job, wedding to plan = no time to write.

Came off Exante - went back to CD lost some weight but not at goal and decided to go back to Exante where I can control EVERYTHING (and save a few £££s)

I'm getting hitched this week so easing back onto plan (I plan to enjoy my menu!) but I have my big trip to South America (and maybe USA also) so would like to get into better, fitter shape!

Hope everyone is good and doing well! I'll update later.

xx

PS. Feels good to be back!

CRIPES - all those plans went by the wayside! Lost some weight, gained it back and then some. Stressed at work, holiday in two months time and determined to lose this weight for good!

How is everyone getting along?

Day 4 Exante (but really Day 1 TS??)

So if any of you saw my message on Friday called 'Disaster' http://www.minimins.com/exante/237452-disaster.html you'll know my plan to get into ketosis over the weekend was a massive FAIL! I ordered my packs and they were supposed to arrive on Friday but actually arrived today.

So while I attempted to keep to ketogenic foods, it wasn't 100% sucessful! I didn't go crazy and even turned down M&S chocolate birthday cake :wave_cry:

I've still managed a small loss, but no where near ketosis. I'm not sure if I should just discount those few days and start again with today as Day 1.

I'm on a mission to lose 15 lbs this month (joined the October challenge), and I know what I'm like - a sniff of food and I go off track. So I want to do TS 100%

Anyone else have problems with trying to add in food? I know there are threads on AAM week etc...(something I'm not looking forward to TBH)

Thank you Precious! And can I say what an amazing weight loss you've had! Looked at your scale and that's a huge number. Well done. xx

TS 100% Day 1 (Again! It's like Groundhog Day!)

Hello The Forum!

So I've completed my first mini goal of getting through Day 1 and not blipping or caving into cravings!

Every so often, it was difficult at work but I managed to steer clear of the foodie temptations.

Today, I'm more optimistic. I know the next few days will be challenging, but I don't care anymore. I'd rather face the challenge than be fat and overweight.

I have to say this forum is a lifesaver. When I feel bored, in the past I would eat, but now, I’m starting to come on to the Forum and use it. I’m only at the beginning of my journey and like I usually do, I get really excited and pumped up about a new programme or diet and then fail miserable because it becomes ‘too hard’ or restrictive or I just cannot meet my expectations.

I’m really trying to stop that horrible process of failure and disappointment and just get on with it. I have mini-goals but also bigger ones for each week and month.

Yesterday, I split my packs throughout the day

7.30 AM - ½ chocolate shake
1.30 PM – ½ thai chicken soup
4.30 PM – ½ thai chicken soup
6.30 PM – ½ chocolate shake (before gym)
9.30 PM – tomato & basil soup

I drank around 2.5 litres of water, with 2 cups of coffee and 2 herbal leaf teas

[FONT=&quot]Roll on Day 2[/FONT]

Can't seem to get past the first week

The first few days are the hardest. I know that well. I was ticking along just fine until day 3 when the :hitthefan:proverbial happened.

It's now day 5 and I'm still not on track with anything.

Losing will to write. I just want to be slim.

OK, so the first week draws to a resounding close and I am glad it's over!

After being ill, having what may have been the worst week at work and then having an operation on Friday afternoon. I went into the weekend suprisingly happy despite the fact I had to come off plan because of the antibiotics and painkillers I was given by Dr.

Today was actually my birthday and I had a lovely time with OH, family and friends. I ate sensibly, didn't drink any booze and had a nice fruity alternative to cake. I don't feel awful and I'm in a better mind set to hit tomorrow 100% again.

After my plea to you all in the forum, I got some really great advice and words of encouragement that I have now bookmarked to read whenever I feel down.

I turned 27 today. I'm still also the heaviest I have ever been in my lifetime. Oh well! Onwards and upwards (because I'm lighter and floating on air with all the excess weight gone hehe :8855:).

I needed to give myself a proper talking to today. About what I really wanted for myself, and how I needed to dedicate the time and effort into making myself better. I've managed it with education, jobs, relationships, but never myself. So now is the time.

I'm going to be posting as often as possible on my journey to losing nearly 40lbs. WOW even writing that down is a shocker!:eek:

So WI tomorrow to assess the damage and then start of Day 8!

Lots of hugs xx

EPL

Your doing great considering... Well done! Happy belated birthday, hope you had a nice birthday. Just think how different you'll be by Xmas!! Xx

Day 8 in the Exante TS House....

...and today is WI day. After last week, I'd be happy with staying the same!

:scale: On I jumped this morning and lo and behold I see a loss! I had to check the scales 3 times!! Each time, the same loss...I'm 3lbs down! I feel so relieved and happy right now! I'm actually grinning like the Cheshire Cat right now. :D

I'm back to work today despite being in hopsital on Friday. I've had a cup of green tea (reported to burn fat and have lots of antioxident goodies in it).

Pack plan for today

10 am - 1/2 bar with coffee

1 pm - 1/2 soup

4 pm - 1/2 shake

7 pm - 1/2 shake

9 pm - 1/2 soup and 1/2 bar

All day - 2-3 litres of pure water.

Early to bed tonight for me. Later I stay up the more I want to binge on junk.

SOOOOO HAPPY to be leaving work right now!! YAY! Will update diary later with how I got on today. Still bouncing after my 3 lb loss!

How is everyone?

well done on your loss. Sounds like its been a hell of a week for you. In my experience the secrets to getting beyond those first few days that make life so hard are 1, keep busy, busy, busy and 2, keep drinking and drinking some more. 3, spend time on the forum, reading other diaries, keeping your own diary and write all your ramblings down. 4 give yourself regular non food treats, pedicure, nail varnish, CD and other such things. 5 write down why you want to lose weight and never lose sight of it. 6 if you take the motorway journey on Exante (that is 100% and no wavering) you will be on the diet for the shortest amount of time and I would say no more than 10 weeks, so you could be exactly where you want to be by christmas; How good would that feel; I can't think of a better christmas present to give yourself. GOOD LUCK XXX

Day 8 in the Exante TS House....Recap

Day 8 is done! I'm posting just before I head off to lala land and get a good night's sleep.

Started off the day dreading my WI. If you've been reaidng my posts you'll know I've had a sh*t week. Still looking forwards, I had a 3 lbs loss this week. Great start considering all the things that happened.

At work today, the mood was just low. It wasn't even me, but everyone was really cranky and moody, so I just kept to myself and went on the forum when I could.

Managed to consume all my packs today plus one extra 'treat' for completing a 30 minute cardio session.

Here's what I ate:
Morning - green tea
10 am - 1/2 toffee nut raisin bar and coffee
1 pm - 1/2 tomato basil soup
3pm - other half of bar
4.30 pm - oher half of soup
8 pm - strawberry shake
10 pm - half serving of CD moose made with choc exante shake. (My post workout treat)
11pm tucked up in bed

I've not drunk enough water today. About 1 litre, but have also had 2 coffees, 1 peppermint tea and 1 green tea.

So all in all a good day

Feel a bit groggy and very tired so off to bed!

xx

Back