echoburning - "Get fit forever"

Damn, you have left it late! lol. Mine's still processing, it's really annoying.
Well done on the pound, tis good stuff.
3lbs a week is going to be hard going, but you can do it if you really work your butt off.
The biggest loser is amazing. They work crazy hard, it makesme tierd just looking at them. Inspires me to do much better at the gym.
Hope everything goes well :)

Thanks Pink,

well student finance wasn't as easy as I imagined and now have to do it by post. The tuition fee loan is sorted, it's just everything else.

I'm going to be working so it shouldn't be too difficult if it takes a while to be paid.
x

Not posted for a few days. Been off plan and ashamed. I've been getting my head into gear and was going to go to a Slimming World group tonight but couldn't go in the end and now I've managed to talk myself out of it. The whole thing about eating what you like but in moderation will just not work for me. I can't trust myself at the moment.

I've decided I'm going to restart Low Carb tomorrow but do Atkins properly. I'm going to buy the book tomorrow after my weigh in at boots which I am expecting to be a gain. I've also ordered some clothes which are a size xxl (i'm a xxxl) from Next and am picking them up as motivation. I want to fit in them asap.

I also need to get majorly fit by the beginning of October when i'm doing the 10k so i'm joining a gym tomorrow. i wasn't planning on doing this until the end of Ramadhan but my plan is to get to the gym just as the fast breaks, have a bite of something and water and get onto the treadmill and trainer for an hour.

I'm getting back into the rhythm now and need to get running. Wish me luck, and any tips and advice would be very much appreciated.

I'm also going to buy some good running shoes tomorrow (i get paid tomorrow and don't think the £'s are going to last long!)

I'll update tomorrow.

Aw, good luck on your diet. We all fall but not all of us pick ourselfs up and start again. :)

Thanks Hope!

1lb gain this week. I was expecting it so I didn't feel completely dismayed when I saw the ticket.

I've bought my atkins book and have started reading and have my evening meal planned. I've also joined the gym and will be going on my first visit tonight. Hope everyone doesn't stare at me.

Here's to a much better week.

Went for my first session at the gym yesterday. Managed to run for 15 mins on speed 8.0. Not sure if that's good but I'm going to try and stay on for longer each time.

Had serious body issues though in the changing room. By luck, I'd ended up between the two most muscular guys I'd ever seen and I was too embarassed to take my top off and go for a shower :(

I was imagining them looking at each other as if to say "fat *******".

I ended up just grabbing my stuff and showering when I got home.

Atkins is going ok so far, need to spice up the meals a bit as they're getting boring. If I can wake myself up I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning. Will be fasting tomorrow and at work all day so hopefully I won't feel as if I'm starving and thirsty when I'm at work.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their week.

Heya hun.
Well done for going to the gym! It's properly rhe most scary thing I had to do! I'm totally with you on the changing room situation.I don't even take anythign with me now, just go in my kit with my keys and then go straight home n shower there.

Running for that long is amazing!!!! I can only manage a minute at a time on 9 and then I think I'm gona die and have to do like 3 or 4 mins on speed 5.5, not easy man.

And anyway, sod what anyone in the gym thinks! you're changing for the better! So what if you're not quite there yet, at least you're trying!

Keep it up huni, you're doing great!

Thanks Pink! The treadmill was ok, but the cross trainer damn near killed me!

Going for a run tonight with some friends. Got the 10k coming up so really need to get into shape. I'll post back in a couple of days probably, got an exam on Tuesday so need to revise!

Good luck with the exam, at least you ahve the bank holiday to revise :)

Thanks Pink, exam went well I think, don't want to jinx it :)

Had weigh in today. Was in town and nearly forgot and went to catch the bus home. As the bus turns up I remembered I'd not weighed in at Boots so off I went and.......first week of Atkins and I've lost 9lbs!! I'm so pleased and it has given me a massive boost. I know the losses won't be this big every week but it's meant the weeks where i lost one pound and then put it back on have been made up for.

Gym went well yesterday. Did 30 mins on treadmill, covered about 3.5km. I did a mixture of jogging and walking with inclines. And ten minutes very slowly working out on the xtrainer - i hate that thing!

Thing was, I went at 2pm and I wasn't allowed any food or water until 8.20pm so i was ravenous! haha

Cheers Hope!

So today, had a personal training session at the gym. My apprehension went in seconds, the trainer was really nice and we were talking about goals. I told her about the run i was doing and without me saying anything she said she'd sponsor me which i thought was really nice. For some reason, i expected her to scoff when i told her about the 10k but she was really encouraging.

She absolutely knackered me out though, and no water or food since 3am didn't help either. I started feeling sick half way through but that's because she was pushing me. I've hurt in places that I didn't know existed and managed to get into positions that I didn't know I could!:D

I'm really looking forward to next weeks session, and depending on the cost I might carry them on, perhaps twice a month. (The first two were discounted for new starters).

Really tired and weak feeling now so I think I'll go to bed.

Oh, and personal achievement...I used the showers at the gym!;)

p.s it's Thursday already, where has the week gone!?
x

Hiya echo
I found your diary which means I can help you back I hope :)

Thanks Jenny!:D

I had a 7lb loss this week which I'm VERY happy about.

I am very pleased with the loss, don't know what happened but I had a small tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream tonight :( And the irony is I ate it whilst watching the Biggest Loser LOL.

I don't really understand WHY i ate it, and I think I need to figure it out if i'm to succeed in the long run. I wasn't craving it, I DEFINITELY wasn't hungry so why? Hmmm...when I was low carbing (not as strict as Atkins) i did have a tub of ice cream once a week and I still lost weight but I know that wasn't sustainable. I was feeling a bit light headed today because i've not been having anything in the slightest bit sweet so i don't know if i was just feeling sorry for myself. Damn it's annoying though.

I'm going to draw a line under it now. Got a tough week coming up. It's the end of Ramadhan which is followed by a festival known as Eid. It involves visiting lots of family and eating very unhealthy food! I'm decided to work that day so the temptation isn't there and I'm only going to visit one relative (as opposed to the usual four)and they're going to cook me something which I can have on Atkins which is really nice of them!

Tomorrow I'm back at the gym. Got less than a month to go before I'm running a 10k for Cancer Research Bowel Cancer and I need to step up the training a pace. When I joined the gym I got discounted Personal Training sessions which finish on Thursday and if i want to carry them on they're about £30 per session :eek: I'm trying to figure out if I can afford it and if so I might sign up atleast until the 10k is over as I think they are really helpful

I am very pleased with the loss, don't know what happened but I had a small tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream tonight :( And the irony is I ate it whilst watching the Biggest Loser LOL.

I don't really understand WHY i ate it, and I think I need to figure it out if i'm to succeed in the long run. I wasn't craving it, I DEFINITELY wasn't hungry so why?

Its so wierd how we do this. Last night I was offered a packet of Discos by my neighbour who popped in for a natter. I wasn't hungry, hadn't been craving anything but just said yes and promptly ate them despite thinking I probably shouldn't. :confused:

Hope you have fun at Eid and well done for losing 7Ib, ur doing really well.

And the irony is I ate it whilst watching the Biggest Loser LOL.

I don't know why I laughed when I read this.I love biggest loser (im glad shay went out...) We all slip up but if you can have ice cream or slip up and you can forget about it and pick yourself up the next day then you are doing better than alot of people including me so good on you.

Downsizingmycurves- i know that feeling only too well

Hope123- it's ok you can laugh. I really wanted Shay to stay in! I've gone right off Rudy though.

Today has been a good day foodwise so far. It was the last day of fasting so only ate about an hour ago and Eid is tomorrow. I will be working from 1-8pm so there won't be too many temptations but I am prepared to let loose a little bit over the weekend and get back to being strict on Monday.

Since this morning my third and forth toe have been really sore and lightly touching them kills. Looked online and it looks as if I have ingrown toenails...and get this, one of the biggest causes is in sporty people....i think i'll count myself in that as i've been exercising over the last month or so! The new trainers must be too tight. I paid extra thinking they'd be better for my feet, damn, i'll stick to a cheapo pair. i'm gonna book a doctors appt anyway tomorrow because I need to get it sorted asap before the 10k.

Thanks for the support everyone

Feel absolutely terrible today. Cold, sore throat, sniffly and i'm sweating buckets.

Can't phone in sick to work though, i forgot to book Eid off until it was too late so it would look really dodgy for me to phone in sick today. I know it's going to be such a busy day and i'll be there until 8 and back in again tomorrow morning.

Had my first cup of tea in nearly three weeks, with milk and sugar.It tasted really strange because I've not had it in so long but soothed my throat. I'm gonna go easy on the diet this weekend.

Can't even think about food right now without feeling sick. I'll see how I feel later on. I'm glad I'm ill as Ramadhan has ended, atleast I can drink water and have some paracetamol. Off to the doctors later about these damn toes!

Just read it back and this is quite a miserable, pitying post lol. I'm sure I'll be back to normal very soon.

Enjoy your day everyone

Thanks Hope,

I am feeling a lot better today. I did eat things I shouldn't have but I'll be back too normal tomorrow.

Eating at lunchtime now seems like such a strange thing to do. I've not been feeling hungry and I have to force myself to eat...I'm sure that will change soon! I'm working all week so at least it will keep me away from all the sweets and chocolates at home!

Back