Edinburgh, anyone know good/cheap places to stay

Cloggy

Mostly Harmless
At the beginning of August I'll be flying to Edinburgh to celebrate my younger brothers 40th birthday (if flights are still running).
It will be a surprise visit, but he will be staying with friends. Anyway I'm looking for a reasonably priced place to stay. I know it's the festival around that time which might make it a bit more difficult to find reasonably priced accomodation.

If anyone has any tips/or know of places to stay I would love to hear them.

Travel lodges are always good, but check to see if any of the hotels near the airport have any deals on as the airport is not far from the city so it would be close enough for taxi or bus or you could try a B&B. Edinburgh is a Tourist city so most places are up to code but check for reviews on the internet before you book anything. Have a great holiday.

Travel lodges are always good, but check to see if any of the hotels near the airport have any deals on as the airport is not far from the city so it would be close enough for taxi or bus or you could try a B&B. Edinburgh is a Tourist city so most places are up to code but check for reviews on the internet before you book anything. Have a great holiday.

Thanks for the info/tips Ronsy, I'll have a look tonight.

Thanks for the tips guys. I heard from someone else who was going that they have hired a house near the city centre for the friday so I'll be going Dutch with them ;) on the saturday night I'll be staying at a decent hostel a little out of town (together with a few others).

I'll let you know what I thought of the places.

Many thanks to everyone for the helpful info :)

well I stayed in a really nice luxury appartment at york place on the Friday evening, it was officially for 6 people (3 double rooms with on suite bathrooms) but as there was a seperate bathroom 3 of us slept on airbeds/couch in the very roomy living room. It was great having a large well equiped kitchen so we could have a big meal together (rather than eating out the whole time). It worked out about the same pp as a bed & breakfast would have.

Unfortunately the appartment was no longer available on the weekend (my bruv had rented it midweek), so we moved to the Edinburgh central Hostel (for the saturday evening) which was a little way out of the centre but you could still walk there. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a very clean and friendly place with en suite toilets, shower and a sink in the room, better than some hotels I have stayed at in the past.

Well I can thoroughly recommend Edinburgh, great atmosphere and beautiful city, it was one of the few cities in UK I had never visited. The Fringe (festival) was great too we saw mainly comedy shows, and there are things going on in the city through out the day as well.

Back