Argh! New Jeans On The Cheap!

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Mr_Wombat, 3 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

I'm on a budget and in need of new jeans to fit my (slightly) slimmer legs and waist.

I'm pretty sure I'm down to a 42 as my current pair (falling off me lol) are a 44, and I found some in the house yesterday that are a 40 but they are still too small... for some reason the ones I used to wear when I was a 42 before have fallen into a black hole. :cry:

So, I need some cheap jeans to tie me over until I dip down another size... the obvious place would be George at Asda but they never seem to have any 42s, and despite all the hoorays about George having a bigger size section, it seems to be women only (even on t'internet).

Does anyone know any reasonably priced places to find 42s?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Matalan and Tesco come to mind....

4. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

Cool, we've got a Matalatalan in Eastleigh, worth a shot, thanks DQ! You certainly don't disappoint lol

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I know that Asda and Tesco both go up to a size 44 in their jeans and they are only £6 a pair

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Satisfaction guaranteed ;)

7. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

I was in Asda today with the missus doing our weekly shop, and decided to try on some 40s... glad I did because they fit!

:party0019:

This comes as a nice little surprise for me :) and I guess the ones I had in storage must have shrunk.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I shall go clothes crazy soon when the budget allows :D

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    That's great! Always good when smaller ones fit

9. Mr_Wombat

Mr_Wombat Gold Member

Thanks Taz :)

It feels good to not be so limited now with my clothes choices.

10. Undisturbedgirl

Undisturbedgirl Silver Member

Ebay is always great and most of the stuff is new (people have forgotten to take it back to the store in time, or have just never worn them)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.