EE- am I eating enough?

Slan22

Ok so yesterday was my first day on EE and SW in general, I've grasped the concept but I'm wondering if what I'm eating is enough as it's a force of habit to track my food with my fitness pal and I worked out before exercise I only consumed around 1000 calories.
breakfast was scrambled egg, with 2 rashers lean bacon, no bread, lunch 1 roast chicken mugshot, a banana and a muller light. Then dinner was extra lean beef mince made into a burger with salad and SW chips. My HExA was 175ml of milk and HExB was a 60g whole meal roll. I felt full and satisfied after every meal so didn't feel the need to eat anymore but my hubby was concerned about so little calories. I don't want to not eat enough and not loose :( Any advice welcome x

It's probably fine for just one day - although you don't seem to have had any syns - ie ketchup on your burger, butter on your bread roll. Or did you not fancy a snack at any time? Either fruit or crisps or anything. Eating like this every day though I think would be hard to sustain. I think at the beginning it's natural to not to eat too much but the whole idea of SW is not to worry about calories. Use the rules of 1/3 superfree on your plate and no more than 15 syns a day to limit your calories and you should be fine x

Ok so yesterday was my first day on EE and SW in general, I've grasped the concept but I'm wondering if what I'm eating is enough as it's a force of habit to track my food with my fitness pal and I worked out before exercise I only consumed around 1000 calories.
breakfast was scrambled egg, with 2 rashers lean bacon, no bread, lunch 1 roast chicken mugshot, a banana and a muller light. Then dinner was extra lean beef mince made into a burger with salad and SW chips. My HExA was 175ml of milk and HExB was a 60g whole meal roll. I felt full and satisfied after every meal so didn't feel the need to eat anymore but my hubby was concerned about so little calories. I don't want to not eat enough and not loose :( Any advice welcome x

You missed an opportunity to have superfree at breakfast and could have had mushrooms and tomatoes or maybe a piece of fruit mid morning. You must eat the syns on this plan or it won't work. As gleggers says you could have had this by having butter on bread or ketchup or maybe a packet of crisps. Don't fixate on the calorific value, this plan does work but you need to follow the 'rules' to get the best out of it. Otherwise, I think for day one you did pretty well! :D

You missed an opportunity to have superfree at breakfast and could have had mushrooms and tomatoes or maybe a piece of fruit mid morning. You must eat the syns on this plan or it won't work. As gleggers says you could have had this by having butter on bread or ketchup or maybe a packet of crisps. Don't fixate on the calorific value, this plan does work but you need to follow the 'rules' to get the best out of it. Otherwise, I think for day one you did pretty well! :D
I had a few slices of Apple after breakfast, tomatoes and mushrooms are a big no no for me!

It's probably fine for just one day - although you don't seem to have had any syns - ie ketchup on your burger, butter on your bread roll. Or did you not fancy a snack at any time? Either fruit or crisps or anything. Eating like this every day though I think would be hard to sustain. I think at the beginning it's natural to not to eat too much but the whole idea of SW is not to worry about calories. Use the rules of 1/3 superfree on your plate and no more than 15 syns a day to limit your calories and you should be fine x
I have replied to this twice but it's not showing. Stupid ipad!

I did did have syns but totally forgot to add, 1.5 for butter and 6 for a sneaky kinder chocolate bar (both included on MFP)

You did really well. I wish I could eat just that & feel satisfied :)

I'd definitely have included maybe baked beans or spaghetti hoops with my breakfast. Did you have any dressing on your salad? That could've been another opportunity to have some syns, maybe some coleslaw too.

Well done on a great start.

You did really well. I wish I could eat just that & feel satisfied :)

I'd definitely have included maybe baked beans or spaghetti hoops with my breakfast. Did you have any dressing on your salad? That could've been another opportunity to have some syns, maybe some coleslaw too.

Well done on a great start.
It was just quick raid through the fridge as my shopping was being delivered at 12, today I had cereal for my HExB & Milk from HExA and another mugshot, fruit & muller light for lunch and im still full. Hope it lasts!

Hooray for the syns you had too.

You may have just fallen into the trap a lot of people do at the start "can I really eat this, be full & still loose weight?". Well yes :)

If you felt full and satisfied, and confident and relaxed about having something else to eat IF you wanted it, then it's all good. Another day you might have a lot more calories than that, but it will all balance out over a week. As long as you are not depriving yourself or going hungry then I think it is fine.

I have replied to this twice but it's not showing. Stupid ipad! I did did have syns but totally forgot to add, 1.5 for butter and 6 for a sneaky kinder chocolate bar (both included on MFP)
In that case it sounds fine. Although I don't put any calories into MFP there are definitely days where I don't eat that much and days where I'm just more hungry so eat loads. It all balances out.

My advice to you.....do NOT log it into MFP, SW is not a calorie counting diet, I made that mistake, its about eating the right wholesome foods!

If you felt satisfied, had your superfree and syns then I would say you are on track!! Have your fill of syns, they are there so that when you are near to target you can cut them down and make it a little easier to hit that number!!

Good luck x x x

Back