EE- Has anyone else found that turning to superfree first as snacks can do more harm?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by frankied, 18 June 2011 Social URL.

1. frankied

frankied Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1.5lb(39.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have found for me personally sometimes when I follow the extra easy rule of superfree snacking first that I end up eating more because I feel less satisfied and less full up so eat more fruit or ending up still needing free food and end up with more calories than if I'd had for example I'd had a muller light to start with and felt more satisfied so end up not needing anything else. Has anyone else found this?
    I have my 1/3 with my meals but do people think I should still try to stick to it with my snacks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    At first i wondered what on earth you meant! Then remembered quite vividly a weekend where all i craved was chocolate. Tried putting it off 4 hours with superfree, eating far more than i would usually & finally had a curly wurly. I was fine aftet 3 bites - no more cravings! Should have just ate it in the first place.

So yes, i do get what you mean. Its a case of listening to your body - do you 'fancy' something, or are you craving it??? If its a craving, then best to give in (within your syn limit obviously!)

4. tracejovi

tracejovi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.08%)
    I always think that you've got your syns, so you might as well use them! If you're still hungry or craving something after you've used your syns, then it has to be superfree (or free), but I think that's what syns are for!

Trace xxx

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I was like this yesterday afternoon. I have to put my hand on my heart and say I wasn't hungry, but I "wanted" something, so I had an apple ,then a kiwi, then some melon, and ended up having lots of low cal ginger beer which did fill me up. I had 7 syns last night of dark chocolate and didn't need anything for the rest of the night, but I think if I'd had it in the afternoon it might have been a slipperry slope. I'd had a big breakfast and a filling lunch so I knew it had to be more in my head.

6. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I agree with whats been said... an actual food craving super free wont hit the spot because i want something specific.. BUT if i just am peckish super free works for me

Also if i fancy some sweets sugar free chewing gum 5 sticks/pellets for 0.5 syns

7. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As my Dr said when you fancy a Mars bar a mountain of bananas will not help! So have a little of what you fancy!

8. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    my con told me off this week that I was eating too much sf and not enough free.Told me to change the balance as you can have too much sf.

9. jayneharrison

jayneharrison Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think this is fab advice Shirleen. After all, Slimming World is all about maintaining a balance in the way that we eat.

Well, as long as that "little" bit really is a little bit!

10. shutterbugsmile

shutterbugsmile Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My mum mentioned that she experiences something similar when eating fruit. I didn't really understand what she meant but having read your post, I think I get it now!

11. tillymax

tillymax Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with everything. You need to scratch the itch if you get my drift. Also can I please have Shirleen's doctor :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.