ee plan lunchbox ideas

lisalollipop13909

Silver Member
I work in a hospital. The canteen food is quite life but even the veg is oily. I really debt like weight eating there and working 12 hours i need a good lunch. Any ideas of yummy foods i can take?

I make my own salad boxes to take to work every morning. They are quick, easy and yummy. I've blogged about it (see link below) but I'll go copy it now for you . . . will be back shortly!

I take my lunch to work which is usually a box of salad. To keep it interesting and easy to prepare I include pickled: onions, gherkins, chillis, cabbage, beetroot; along with tomato, celery, carrot, leaves, cucumber (whatever I have fresh in) and then to treat myself: ham wrapped around cottage cheese or philly light or quark, or smoked salmon, or boiled egg, or left over gammon, or a rollmop. So far syn free and over 1/3 superfree. I have been known to treat myself by topping with a couple of teaspoons of mango chutney, but the vinegar from the pickles makes a tasty syn free dressing.

Last summer I grew my own salad leaves and ate these with every lunch and dinner. So easy when it's on the back door step and fresh - no going mushy in the fridge!!

12 Speed Soup is a great starter or lunch, and can be made into a full meal by adding pasta.

My predictive text on phone is lousy hope u understood that!

12 speed ?

Excellent thank u!! Any more newbie tips ?

Healthy Extra A - I buy the mini portions for my lunch to help with portion control and it's easy to grab in the morning. Plenty of fruit too . . . and a water bottle.

As most recipes show you portions that serve 4, I tend to cook these up. I live with my boyfriend and due to his very large portions, he has the equivalentof 2 for dinner and I'll have one. then the leftovers go in a container and taken to work. Literally anything with pasta, rice or noodles so bolognese, nandos chicken, curry,chilli,anything gets taken for lunch. That way youre eating a dinner at lunch and its still syn free and nice hot or cold!
if not a pitta as your HEX B full of meat/Quorn and salad :)

Back