EE Ragu sauce syn or syn free??

Ive had a look on SW and cant seem to find it anywhere - does anyone know if its got syns pls?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Knorr Ragu Pasta sauce, Traditional, jar 500g jar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
11½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 11½ Syns
green.gif
Green 11½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

heres a syn free recipe, i know it has tomato puree bu isnt even half a syn per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 398g / 14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chopped basil or oregano
salt and ground black pepper
½ tsp artificial sweetene

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20
minutes.

You could bypass the tomato puree syns by using passata instead of puree and tinned tomatoes, it's thicker than chopped tomatoes and makes a lovely rich sauce for free:)

Thanks - wow thats a lot!!

and thanks for the recipie, much better

and sorry for putting it on the wrong thread - i'm a newbie x

passatta is our saviour!

I bought some passata after reading yor advice yesterday - yet to try it but I think it will be much better than having to use such a large aount of syns

Thank you everyone x

i dont think thats really high for a sauce really, if u use half of the ragu traditional sauce for a bolognese its like 6 syns, about the same as half a jar of dolmio light :) xxx

I find all sauces high in syns and prefer to make my own - they are usually cheaper and taste better as well

i do like to make my own sauces for chicken and things sometimes but dont really use my syns for chocolate i use most of them on things like sauces and my pitfall...chocolate spread! xxxx

all ready made sauces are going to be high, because they dont qualify for any free food allowance.

So you are better off making your own.

Damn it!!! I just bought a jar of Ragu thinking it wasn't bad.....WRONG!!

heres a syn free recipe, i know it has tomato puree bu isnt even half a syn per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 398g / 14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chopped basil or oregano
salt and ground black pepper
½ tsp artificial sweetene

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20
minutes.

I make this sauce all of the time, in fact it so much nicer than the jar sauces and totally free.
Its also a good base for chillis and currys.

Back