• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

EE Ragu sauce syn or syn free??

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Knorr Ragu Pasta sauce, Traditional, jar 500g jar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
11½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 11½ Syns
Green 11½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

heres a syn free recipe, i know it has tomato puree bu isnt even half a syn per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 398g / 14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chopped basil or oregano
salt and ground black pepper
½ tsp artificial sweetene

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20
minutes.

You could bypass the tomato puree syns by using passata instead of puree and tinned tomatoes, it's thicker than chopped tomatoes and makes a lovely rich sauce for free:)

Thanks - wow thats a lot!!

and thanks for the recipie, much better

and sorry for putting it on the wrong thread - i'm a newbie x

I bought some passata after reading yor advice yesterday - yet to try it but I think it will be much better than having to use such a large aount of syns

Thank you everyone x

i dont think thats really high for a sauce really, if u use half of the ragu traditional sauce for a bolognese its like 6 syns, about the same as half a jar of dolmio light :) xxx

i do like to make my own sauces for chicken and things sometimes but dont really use my syns for chocolate i use most of them on things like sauces and my pitfall...chocolate spread! xxxx

Damn it!!! I just bought a jar of Ragu thinking it wasn't bad.....WRONG!!

heres a syn free recipe, i know it has tomato puree bu isnt even half a syn per serving

1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 398g / 14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chopped basil or oregano
salt and ground black pepper
½ tsp artificial sweetene

Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20
minutes.
I make this sauce all of the time, in fact it so much nicer than the jar sauces and totally free.
Its also a good base for chillis and currys.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 1
Syn Values 2