eee look another food diary!

Eeee well I might just download them onto my Kindle! Then no one knows what I'm actually reading.. I did refuse point blank to jump on the bandwagon. So maybe I should stop being such a snob and get involved! I'm a bit of a fantasy book girl, crap about wizards and dragons, total make believe, I like reading about things that are completely not real.

Anyway.. I've had a really successful green day. Although totm came yday night and VERY bloated, which the green day carb fest isn't helping I don't think.

Got some marks back at Uni today. I got a 64 in the group work and 66 for my personal essay. So 65 overall. Pretty good since at 12am the day it was due in I thought I better start writing! I wrote it in about 3 hours too, so very very happy, got some fab feedback and the critical side was things I knew when I handed it in, but couldn't really be bothered to change it. Whoop! I'm doing ok so far 2nd year.. 68% average so far... As long as I take heed of their pearls of academic wisdom, 1st for me I hope! Xxx

I read the first 5 pages and it was SO badly written I had to stop. Probably not the reason most people read them though lol! X

Eeee well I might just download them onto my Kindle! Then no one knows what I'm actually reading.. I did refuse point blank to jump on the bandwagon. So maybe I should stop being such a snob and get involved! I'm a bit of a fantasy book girl, crap about wizards and dragons, total make believe, I like reading about things that are completely not real.

Anyway.. I've had a really successful green day. Although totm came yday night and VERY bloated, which the green day carb fest isn't helping I don't think.

Got some marks back at Uni today. I got a 64 in the group work and 66 for my personal essay. So 65 overall. Pretty good since at 12am the day it was due in I thought I better start writing! I wrote it in about 3 hours too, so very very happy, got some fab feedback and the critical side was things I knew when I handed it in, but couldn't really be bothered to change it. Whoop! I'm doing ok so far 2nd year.. 68% average so far... As long as I take heed of their pearls of academic wisdom, 1st for me I hope! Xxx

Well done on your uni marks! Keeping my fingers crossed for the 1st for you :)

Haha, feel like your food diary is turning into the 50 shades of grey appreciation page, but oh my gosh! They're brill and definitely an easy read haha :) I usually give it a good few months/a year after the main hype with books before I read them so I'm not influenced, so I know what you mean about not jumping on the bandwagon!

Have you read the Game of Thrones books? I know you said you liked the series, just didn't know if you've read the books :) x

Not yet! I haven't done any non academic reading since I started Uni :( everything I read now is journals and books about childhood theory! Exciting!

I downloaded the first one onto my kindle for Thailand but didn't really read at all there. I kept trying but ended up looking at the sea most of the time instead! Xx

Fab marks hun, well done :)

Oh and fifty shades is soooo far fetched it's untrue, if you want a gritty story with great characters don't do it lol if you're quite light hearted and don't mind the cheese then it's ok ha :) but I can imagine never getting the time to read 'other' books tho.

I'm waning somewhat this week :-(

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks ladies! I was happy until I got an email off one of my lecturers today, with an ominous tone... I think I'm going to get told off for my attendance, it's been pretty appalling this year. So I'm pretty anxious about that now. Eek!

Ok another green day, I felt awful this morning, such a bad bad totm this one. So heavy and painful, dan let me sleep and took the boys to school so feeling a bit better now. Just doing a big house clean (again! It's never ending isn't it!) and obv totm had a huge choc craving so I had the healthiest breakie ever of a Cadbury bubbly bar! Doh!

GREEN DAY - Tuesday

Breakfast : 2 coffees (hexA 1% milk) Cadbury bubbly (10.5syns)

Lunch : jacket potato with chilli beans, bacon (85g hexB) mushrooms and 20g low low cheese (1/2hexA)

Snack : large wmeal bread (hexB) cheese (hexA) plum

Dinner : veggie sausage casserole (squash, courgette, onion, garlic, peppers, chopped tomato) think I might slice some potato on the top kinda hotpot stylie. Fine beans and broccoli. activia fat free yogurt

Drinks : tea (hexA milk) lots of water

SYNS : 10.5

Exercise : 90 mins big house clean, 30 day shred, level 1, day 2.

Attachments

• image-222914776.jpg
    image-222914776.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3730878703.jpg
    image-3730878703.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Last words on 50 shades
I read the first 5 pages and it was SO badly written I had to stop. Probably not the reason most people read them though lol! X
Agreed about the writing. It is totally cr@p - even I could do better.
Oh and fifty shades is soooo far fetched it's untrue,
Also True - but very addictive.

Well done on your uni marks!
But you deffo need to go to lectures else they'll downgrade your marks!

I will Bev :) I promise... They've actually changed the marking now, it's all anonymous so lecturers can't do that, everyone knows people have their favourites etc.. So it was all made totally unknown to stop any unfair marking.

I'm in Thursday and Friday this week and I'm definitely going. I need to get it out my head my old chestnut of assessing what I need to do to do well then just the bare minimum of effort to get by. It'll land me in some hot water soon. I've always done that, terrible personality trait of always just pushing the boundary of acceptable.

I'm looking forward to my dissertation, I can't wait to write a piece that's my very own rather than answer someone else's questions.

Got the kindle ready for charging to download. If its crap then I'll have some stern words for all you ladies!!!!

30 day shred done! Yay! Now to shower and bed :)

Oh! I need to plan some ice breakers for a group of 13 year old boys... If anyone has any good games/puzzles/tips that would be amazing! I'm terrified they'll just laugh at me!

Night my lovely minis xx

Got the kindle ready for charging to download. If its crap then I'll have some stern words for all you ladies!!!!
Bear in mind that the writing style would not win any prizes and you'll enjoy the story. 1st book nowhere near as good as the other two.

Oh! I need to plan some ice breakers for a group of 13 year old boys... If anyone has any good games/puzzles/tips that would be amazing! I'm terrified they'll just laugh at me!
I'd suggest some sort of quiz based around sport or military, they all are probably fascinated with war and guns at that age.

Yes, as the lovely Bev says, do not expect too much too soon from 50 shades! I'd still be happily unaware if I hadn't been forced by my darling oh!! (think he was hoping or would spice things up! Lol) was hooked by end of the book though... But I could do better ;-)

Ooh, teens... My step son is 14... Do not expect to understand a word is my best advice! Lol! Definitely something sporty or something else that they can relate to- some sort of sporty prop perhaps?

Good luck back at uni love xx make the most of it :) you sound so like me ... I'm hoping to go back to college and do things differently soon... I didn't do college back then cos o wasn't in the right space, ready now but I feel proper old! Lol :) xxx

Thank u! I did go in on Monday but it was just a feedback session so wasn't really that useful to be honest, as all the feedback they gave were things I had done anyway and got positive marks for. But yeah looking forward to tomorrow as its the 2 modules I like best anyway. :)

Felt well sick last night when I was going to sleep so hope I'm not getting some crappy bug.

How's everyone doing this snowy morning?

Green day for me again :) loving the greens!

WEDNESDAY - GREEN DAY

Breakfast : SW hash browns with spring onion, 2 poached eggs and grilled tomato & mushroom

Lunch : quorn chilli (onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, chopped tomato) with SW baked wedges and 1/2 hexA low low cheddar, 2 asda Poppadoms (5syns)

Snack : crispello (8syns)

Dinner : carbonara with bacon (130g x2hexB) grated courgette, mushroom, red onion & garlic. Egg and Parmesan (hexA) lots of yum Salad.

Drinks : water, tea & coffee

TOTAL SYNS : 13

Exercise : 30 day shred, level 1, day 3. Walk 2 miles, whole house hoover (gotta be worth some body magic surely!)

Attachments

• image-3174904700.jpg
    image-3174904700.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image-2659713121.jpg
    image-2659713121.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2853213762.jpg
    image-2853213762.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
We have no snow thankfully!

I feel really stuck today! Thought I would treat myself with a GREEn day- 2lb off after 10 days of red… and I feel completely thrown! LOL! Recon its gonna fill me in a crazy way… but meeting a friend with the kids at soft play so I will go for a jacket spud and beans for lunch.. and I have some sweet potato soup I have made for dinner… all seems a little dull though! I have been really enjoying red! Ooh, your carbonara sounds lovely - I keep forgetting to get some wholemeal pasta in too!xx

We have blimin snow again!

What you doing for tomorrow's romantic meal, anything yummy?! Daren came home with a meal from m&s to cook, uh oh! Altho, he did well with choices. Scallops and rocket salad to start, herb crusted lamb, veg and a fondant potato and obv some pud but only 300 calories so not too too bad! Only the potato and pud that's terrible there, I think?!

Ah well done loulou! Brilliant loss :) looks like red worked for you. Haha! I get that I do reds for so long I kinda forget how to do the other plans! I always get brown everything, read this article a while ago on just how bad for your body and digestive system refined carbs are so I don't ever buy them now.

Although am just cooking a quorn chilli for lunch, looks good :)

It's snowing pretty heavily here now, boo! Need to walk the pupster as well as she's being annoying so definitely needs to go burn off some pup energy.

I have loads of reading to do for tomorrow as well. Eek!

Well Jen it's hard as dan works nights so we don't even have the night to do anything, so we usually just have dinner with the kids, So I doubt there'll be any kind of romantic activity really. We just had a minor tiff, he owes me quite a bit of money and I'm getting a bit pee'd off with it now, so as I'm hormonal and totm-ish I just snapped about him spending money on crap instead of paying me back. It may have put a dampener on things, but I'm not very good at saying how I feel until I get really frustrated then it kinda bursts out in a stream of nonsensical annoyance. Oh well!

I really want an M&S meal, but WI Friday so ill just do something good and sensible.

How did all your things go today Jen? All sorted or still to do this avo? Xx

Just counted up the calories for whole m&s meal and it's only 500 for the 3 courses so even tho it may be a trillion syns, not too bad calorie wise. Happy with that!

I had my ultrasound this morning and she said it looked ok, no obvious fibroids, full report will be in a weeks time. Got my smear and coil change at 4pm, not looking forward to it, gonna be in pain :-(

Does Dan work every night or just in the week? Nights are pants for couples, I understand! I'm much the same with keeping stuff to myself then we'll have a little tiff and I let it all out! Sometimes they need it tho, must be tricky. Do you reckon you'll get married? Probably not the best time to ask after an argument lol! Every couple has arguments tho x

haha! you asking that question made me chuckle when put together with the tiff. I'm not sure really, he talks about it a lot, I've never really thought of myself as getting married, I'm not really like that, my mums been married 3 times, so I've never really held the whole marriage thing in very high regard, but the older I'm getting the more I'm thinking about it. Well if he asked me, I'd say yes, put it that way. He wants his own kids, and I've said I wouldn't have more children unless I was married first, as I'd want to feel more like a family unit than last time. If that makes any sense.. He works 6 nights a week, he only gets saturday nights off, its pretty hard always living in opposite ways, its probably why my uni attendance is so rubbish really, as me not going is really the only time we get to spend together.

Ah well thats good news on the scan front, did they do your bloods etc? Eek good luck for the coil change, it was hellish for me, but only because of my weird backwards womb, they couldn't put it in/out easily at all. Was awful, hence me not having one anymore! I wish I could as it would be a lot easier, no hormones, and a lot safer than the 'natural' method I'm currently using.

Oooo thats really good cal wise, yeah sometimes I think with SW, you can eat things which are very low cal wise, but absolutely ridiculous syns, if we go out for dinner I usually just CC rather than trying to sort out syns, its so much easier!

This is the parka I bought, its so warm! I am so rubbish in winter I never ever have warm coats, so to finally have one is sooo nice!! Esp as its a snowy day, makes it seem like a very wise purchase indeed :)
ASOS | ASOS Fur Hooded Detachable Lined Parka at ASOS

I might maybe maybe have to go to M&S and get a valentines day dinner, as I'm pretty sure daniel won't, esp as he's in a huff with me now. xx

Back