eee look another food diary!

I know! Sounds awful but thank god! It's ok dealing with feeling like this with a nice end result but it all feels so pointless, feeling crappy and no baby sucks. Only a week left and hopefully will feel more like myself again.

Ah no way!! I didn't think you were into that plan? How's it going? X

I'm not really, didn't get the point of it. But with so much blimin chocolate around and my lack of will power, I thought I could do 2 fast days and then not feel so bad on the other days! Also on nights so done the fast days whilst I've been asleep so not too bad. Asleep today, had smoked cobbler and veggies for tea at 225 calories so then had 1/2 egg for pud, total 490 calories. Not doing it long term but really don't want to gain loads whilst I get my head back in gear!

Nausea is horrendous, I do feel for you. Big hugs x x

Well good luck lovely, hope it goes well and you see some good results. I might try it after Uni is finished for the year although I get migraines when I don't eat properly so i think it might trigger them for me. Are you doing SW on your up days? Or just totally eating what you want? I haven't had any chocolate for 2 days something of a miracle for me lately! It's just the bread products I need to reign back in and cheese..

Well after the scales said 13st11 on Tuesday they are at 13st8 today which is better I just wish I was on the better side of the half stone! I feel huge though my tummy is so bloated and yucky. Going to have a good day today and hope it's bloat and will come off again faster if I cut the bread back out.

Am sure hormones are playing a huge part to bloating too. I remember looking 4months gone when only 7 weeks. I've lost 2lbs this week so that was last weekend of eating whatever was in sight, fish and chips, chocolate, biscuits, normal brekkie cereals, roast with oil not to mention a bucket load of chocolate! Then fast day tues and thurs and wed sw day, so pretty happy with that! I am back on the sw wagon on up days but equally will have what I fancy too. I need to find a lifestyle where I feel I'm not missing out. I know sw is fab and it works but it is restrictive. So maybe I can do this until I'm out running again. I really want to buy some shorts for the summer. I need to tone up drastically, all going a bit squishy again lol

I found the 2 fast days ok but I was asleep for a lot of it! 500 calories for one meal was loads so spread into 3 meals will be tricky I think. I do suffer from migraines but was fine.

Phew, that was a long post lol sorry xx

Just under a month and after a week of complete procrastination and avoidance I am now super behind! Oops

Oomph just saw your other post too.. Well that seems sensible enough, I guess fasting when you're asleep is ok! If I don't eat by about 3pm I pretty much always get migraines so I just don't know.. Hmm. I know what you mean about SW, it is good and it does work but you have to be 100% otherwise you end up maintaining rather than losing. So there isn't much freedom, if you have a few meals out or events it throws it all off. Well good luck, icurez seems to be doing brill so I hope you get similar results. I just worry when you stop the weight would go back on? Do you think it would?

I think with every diet when you stop it goes back on. When I hit target I thought I could relax a little with my foods but I just gained. That left me feeling annoyed which made me eat more! I really think if I exercise 3 times a week I will be able to relax to maintain, but whilst I'm not running I need to find a happy medium. If going hungry for 2 days means I can relax on the others then it might be ok for a short time. I will get back into sw, using mfp again so may cc too. I haven't done a fast day awake so hard to call it really. I don't think it's feasible for long term and don't think it's very good really but only ever tried sw so giving something else a go.

You will be ok hun. Dieting is blimin hard work under normal circumstances so you're going thru a really hard time right now. Not long til uni ends and once the weather gets warmer, you'll get back into swimming and walking more. Don't beat yourself up, it will all be ok just need to get thru this rubbish few weeks x x

Also on nights so done the fast days whilst I've been asleep so not too bad. Asleep today, had smoked cobbler and veggies for tea at 225 calories so then had 1/2 egg for pud, total 490 calories.
:8855: Sorry, had to chuckle at this. Fasting whilst you're asleep really doesn't count. We all fast whilst we're asleep.
As you said, you had your whole 500 cals in one meal. So what did you have overnight whilst you were working? As that SHOULD count into the cals for the fast "day".

I know sw is fab and it works but it is restrictive. So maybe I can do this until I'm out running again.
Jenny, if you're finding SW restrictive then get your books back out and go back to basics. Plan in some really nice, but on plan meals. Variety is the spice of life when it comes to SW so swap things around a bit, throw in some red or green as well as EE days, and you should be able to lose successfully on SW.

I think with every diet when you stop it goes back on. When I hit target I thought I could relax a little with my foods but I just gained.
Yes you can relax a little - but not go out of control. I'm living proof that it doesn't have to go back on.

I've been at this SW lark for 6½ years and not once have I felt restricted. I eat out in restaurants where a 3-course meal costs less than £8 so it would be rude to not eat all of it wouldn't it? But I am just really careful what I choose. I'll have soup or similar as my starter, meat plus veggies or a salad and yes I do have a pud as well so use several days syns to account for it. I have a couple of glasses of wine a day (that's my treat and syn usage) and have managed to lose the weight the slow way (had just over a 2 year break in the middle but didn't gain anything) and I've been at target now for 17 months.

In no way should it feel restrictive. But losing weight - whatever method you use - is all in the mind. If your head is in the right place and you WANT to lose weight then it's easy.

The problem is you have to really honest with yourself about what your motivations are. If you only think you NEED to lose weight or you're doing it because you feel it would please someone else (peer pressure, hubby pressure etc) then you'll always have a problem.
Go and read this post that I only did earlier this week about WANTING to lose weight.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...196573-really-slow-loss-team.html#post6216626

Okay - lecture over. :D

Last edited:
Ah bev, jens done amazing, she's lost 4 stone and gotten to target just struggling a bit with maintenance. Which I hear can be really hard to
get the balance right. I'm sure it's just a case of your running Jen? And once you get back into it you'll be great.

Ok, foods today..

Breakfast : extra lean bacon, poached egg and small wmeal toast (hexB)

Lunch : feeling v sick so just had an orange, bacon sandwich

Dinner : Birdseye chicken burger with cheese and McCain French fries (super unhealthy I know I just couldn't be bothered to think about foods too much and I walked passed them and I wanted it!)

Will try harder tomorrow

Last edited:
I had 500 calories in a 24hr period so was a true fast day, despite for sleeping a lot of it :)

I hear you and agree but have kids and a skinny hubby that have non sw food so it's in the house. I'm not doing this for anyone else but me, everyone is telling me to stop but am not happy yet. I know sw offers a huge variety of foods but you still have to think about every morsel that goes in your mouth. This is where I'm not in the mindset right now but don't want to undo my hard work hence trying 5:2.

Ok after a poor day yday I'm gonna be good today. It's a really beautiful day so once dan wakes up I think we're going to take daisy to the beach :)

Breakfast - banana, hexB toast, lean bacon and poached egg

Lunch : ?? Some kinda nice cold meats and salady stuffs

Dinner - not sure yet

Hey love! I'm ok, well kinda, had the op yesterday, was pretty horrible and I was pretty teary all day, then the painkillers wore off and maaaaan did it hurt, they don't warn you at all how much it'll hurt or quite how horrific the bleeding will be. In loads of pain today too, sucks. Need to work on my Uni stuff and no way could I sit at a desk nevermind actually going to the library. Awful.

Fingers crossed it'll get better tomorrow as today's been really bad. Although no nausea anymore which is nice!

So so bloated too, my stomach actually looks about 5 months pregnant! It's swollen so much! They just don't tell you this happens so I'm worrying something is wrong as I'm a total worrier!

Anyway! Sorry! I'm ok really, just can't wait to feel normal again.

How's the new job? And thank u for asking xx

((( Hugs ))) Charl - lets hope you feel okay tomorrow. If not, call the doctor or the hospital to make sure things are normally like this.

Oh honey, I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish. Bloating and bleeding are normal but if you get clots or really bad pain, call doc straight away. Hopefully things will settle a little today. But definitely take it easy over the weekend. Am sure Dan and the boys will look after you. Hot water bottle, regular pain killers. It's a horrid thing to go through, but you and Dan have each other. Lots of silent cuddles and cry when you like xxx

Big hugs Charl xxxxx thinking of you and hope you feel a bit better soon xxx

It sounds like such an awful thing to go through. I really hope you feel better soon xxx

Back