eee look another food diary!

I usually do a really simple one but it's so tasty! Just fry 2 onions (currys need lots of onion to taste right) in fry light or 1/2 tsp oil is better. Add tbsp madras powder, 1tbsp curry powder (whichever you prefer I use medium) 1tsp garam masala and a little bit of cinnamon. And fry the onions with the spice for like 5 mins. Add the chicken for another 5 so it's well Coated and colouring. Add squash (if u have) then add 1 tin chopped tomato, a chicken stock cube and fill the tin with boiled water and add that, chop the spinach and add that too then leave to cook for about an hour or as long as u have as it taste best cooked longer. It's really simple and really tasty! For rice if you're having fry off cardamom pods, cloves, turmeric, cumin, coriander (ground) salt and pepper, nutmeg, just a bit of each, add the rice so it's well coated and fry for a min. Then add enough water to cover it by about 1cm, cover turn the heat as low as poss and leave for about 10-15 mins for white rice and 40 mins for brown. Add some chopped veg or chickpeas (if ur cooking brown rice add a chicken stock cube too) and that's it, proper tasty curry night! Xx

Excellent!! Thank you :) does that normally serve 4? Got quite a few thighs so can do it and save for tomorrow. Is that enough sf for ee or do I need a Indian side salad? Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well I usually make an Indian salad just because we really like them, too, I usually use 6 or 8 chicken thighs which is enough for 4 of us as pretty much all my boys are super greedy! For the salad I use I red onion, 2 tomatoes and cucumber peeled and cored all roughy chopped, a grated carrot, mint and coriander (if u have) a garlic clove minced and a red chilli finely chopped mix with salt, pepper and lots of lemon and it's lush with that curry, goes so well xx

Yeah I love saag aloo!! It's so nice! Mine was a bit watery as I used the wrong kind of potato, but still tasted lush! I got the recipe from bbc good food I think and just adapted xx

Ok today I SHALL be productive! Have a mock interview next week as part of some coursework, snore! I've had about 15 job interviews in my life already and don't see why I need to do more! Apart from 1 I've gotten every job I've gone for. Oh welllllll! Gonna also do the coursework for that module today so it's done and i don't have to think about it anymore. Food wise I'm doing red, scales have dropped back to 13st4 so hopefully if I'm good today and tomorrow ill get a STS Friday. I'm beginning to think this is just my natural weight now, and it's going to be so so hard to drop below, I cal count everyday so I should be losing even with my weekend naughties. So if I'm not maybe it's time to just maintain. Who knows! At least now I know the 80/20 balancing side, so yes I can do this at weekends but I know what I need to do to balance it all out. We'll see... Going to be 100% from now until next Friday and see if I get a good loss next week. Getting anxious about work now! So much to do, running out of time!!!! I have 11 weeks to do 6 essays, 2 placements, a presentation and a group poster.. Eek! I think I should have 1 completed by the end of this week tho, so then 10 weeks for 5, so 2 weeks for each is totally do able to make it good work. Scary though! Lots riding on this bunch of essays!

Ok foods!!!!

RED DAY - Wednesday

Breakfast : bacon, mushroom & 'fried' egg sandwich (hexB) with 10g of low low mature spread (1/6th hexA) - this was amazing!! Felt so bad!!!

Snack : kit Kat hazelnut (13syns) brown thins (hexB-2) bacon, tomato and chilli low low (10g) I got the munchies real bad when I was doing dinner in the slow cooker... Man that was good!

Late Lunch : mackerel and prawns with salad

Dinner : beef stew (onion, garlic, swede, carrot, button mushrooms) with cabbage (onion, bacon) and tenderstem broccoli

Drinks : tea (hexA) water

TOTAL SYNS : 13

Exercise : 2.5 mile walk,

Attachments

• image-1810444382.jpg
    image-1810444382.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image-89834964.jpg
    image-89834964.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image-260722436.jpg
    image-260722436.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Well I usually make an Indian salad just because we really like them, too, I usually use 6 or 8 chicken thighs which is enough for 4 of us as pretty much all my boys are super greedy! For the salad I use I red onion, 2 tomatoes and cucumber peeled and cored all roughy chopped, a grated carrot, mint and coriander (if u have) a garlic clove minced and a red chilli finely chopped mix with salt, pepper and lots of lemon and it's lush with that curry, goes so well xx
The other thing I like with curry is a raita.
Use 1 carton of 0% fat plain youghurt, 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves (depends how garlicky you like things), about a 4" piece of cucumber (peeled, cored and very finely chopped) and just mix it all together with a good squirt of lemon juice. Leave to "mature" for at least 1 hour.

Also try a finely chopped onion with finely chopped tomato (or about 1/3 tin of chopped tomatoes if you want to cheat) mixed together with lemon juice. I usually add a squirt of tomato puree as well to get even more tomato taste. Yummy.

Oh good! I love that one as its a little spicy but lots of flavour rather than just spice. X

Gone way off track today, my head just isn't in this plan at the mo. Nothing crazy bad, a warburton brown thin with tomato and smoked salmon and a cupcake. So it's not like I've eaten an extra large maccyd's!

Going to the hospital with jack tomorrow to see how his eyes are doing after his little eye op in nov, I think they're going to have to redo it as its def not straightened up. Poor kid. Might take him for sushi after for being brave, so maybe EE day tomorrow, so def no losses for me this week. It's my bad so I can't exactly be annoyed!

Thanks lovely!

Today I'm just going to cal count as me and Jack went for a nice breakie together before his hospital app.

CAL COUNTING - Thursday

Breakfast - Eggs benedict (575cals)

Lunch - Warburton Thin with a little salmon 10g low low, tomato homemade tomato soup (411cals)

Dinner - Pulled pork (all fat removed) wmeal roll, red cabbage slaw, lots of salad (baby spinach, carrot, cucumber, celery, pepper, tomato) Beetroot. BBQ sauce, (556cals)

Snack - 2/3 kitkat chunky (173cals)

Total cals : 1561
Exercise cals : 430 (3mile walk, lots of cleaning -hoovering, polishing, bathroom clean, floor dust and mop) I may do the 30DS later, I'll see how I feel! which would be another 280 cals off
Net : 1117 (maybe 851)

Attachments

• image-2384080202.jpg
    image-2384080202.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1436394538.jpg
    image-1436394538.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Charl, when you add your shred to mfp what do you enter it as? I followed your recommendation and have started using it but wasn't sure how to put that in x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just do 25min circuit training? I figured it was about right x

Thanks. Was planning on doing it tonight but my disc doesn't want to work. Will have to download it again x

Ah poo! You can watch it o YouTube if you have a laptop handy, save the downloading effort x

No. Computers up stairs. Going to have a soak in the bath instead. I just wanted to ask you another question re mfp. I am working to 1200 calories. Is that ok. I believe that is what it set me but just wanted to check with someone who is more familiar with the program x

I just have mine set to lose 1.5lbs a week. So then it just tells me my cals allowance. X

Phew STS for me this week, which makes me wonder about trying a week of cal counting rather than SW. I've never really done it before. I dunno though. Hmm.

13st3, I really need to get my act together if I wanna see the 12's soon! X

EE DAY - Friday

Breakfast : Banana, bacon wmeal roll (hexB)

Snack : apple, Kellogg's Special K crisps (5syns) brunch bar (8syns)

Lunch : some salad and something?! Salmon maybe or tuna

Dinner : SW chicken, squash and spinach curry, veg rice and Indian salad, Poppadoms (2syns)

Drinks : water, coffee (hexA)

Total SYNS : 15

Attachments

• image-467381517.jpg
    image-467381517.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back