eee look another food diary!

Oh honey, sorry you're not feeling great. It's fine to take time out from sw, I know people say it's a 'lifestyle change' not a diet but it is a blimin diet purely because you have to 'think' about every morsel that goes in your mouth and if you're not feeling it then quite frankly, it's a pain in the arse! You have done really well and maintaining is fine if that's what you really want. Would be a shame to undo your hard work tho, so as long as the maintains don't slip into the odd lb gain, then it's perfectly ok. Your body hun, you do what you want. I hate constantly feeling guilty about what I'm eating, don't think that will ever change now.

I do understand with the baby issue, the older the boys gets, babies are less appealing. Have a chat to Dan hun, your uni and career to consider too. But, a baby isn't the end of the world! Maybe have a real think about it. Wish I could give you a proper hug x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks girlies :)

I know exactly what you're saying I get sick of reading its a lifestyle choice. Blah blah! It is yes, but it also makes you constantly have to think about everything you consume, and I'm just a bit sick of it. Changed MFP to 1/2lb a week loss just to try and maintain for a bit. Going to have SW days when I can but if I'm out and about and I need to grab something I will without the guilt.

Today I was at Uni, then straight to placement. I had a terrible migraine though so went home and had a snooze, helped a tiny bit but still feel achy and groggy. Food was ok, not the best choices for lunch but that's what there was. I'll try and be more organised the rest of the week and try to have breakie before I leave the house so it's a bit more healthy.

Ok.. Food today..

Breakfast : bacon sandwich, wmeal bread no butter.

Lunch : chicken and stuffing sandwich, Special K crisps, banana.

Snack : peanut butter kitkat

Dinner : SW sweet and sour chicken, brown noodles and egg 'fried' rice with prawns and veg. Nectarine & satsuma.

Cals : 2016
Exercise cals : 387
Net : 1629

Last edited:
I think I might calorie count for march - I have my birthday this month which is 2 meals out and a night out (different groups of friends doing different things) then 2 of my best friends birthdays which is another 2 meals out and a night out. So in total 4 meals and 2 nights out in the next 26 days! Not very SW friendly! So I think I'm going to try and be good for the times that I can, use SW meals as that's just natural to me now and try to make good choices when I'm out for these meals, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it when this time of year is always manic for me! But I don't want to put on any weight so I do need to be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How about trying the 5:2 diet? For two days you 'fast', eating only 500 calories and then the rest of the week you can eat as much as you like :) seen so many people have good results with it that I'm very tempted to give it a go. It appeals to me because I hate calorie counting so you only have to do that two days a week x

I've just looked into this and I think I could do it. I would probably do it on my day off, tuesday, and then day before weigh in so Friday.
I've used MFP to look at what I could have and if I have an Alpen light for breakfast with some pineapple, an Alpen light with an activia yoghurt for lunch then a chicken breast with steamed veg for dinner it comes to 475 cals.
I just don't know how hungry I'd be and how grumpy I'd be! Although I could try it today....

I'm not really sure what to do! I don't really want to fast again, it was pretty awful last time I did it as I love my food so was like torture not eating!

Who knows... I'm feeling a bit more positive this morning so might just try and stick to plan today.

Toni! I know what you mean, SW is a great plan providing you have no social commitments but as soon as you factor in eating out/drinking its pretty hard to stick to and then you're looking at lots of maintaining with no losses (essentially what's been going on with me for months!) and it's probably why I'm demotivated!

Oh well! Just gonna play it by ear I think! Xx

I just make myself feel so bad about it then its a vicious circle because I eat badly because I feel bad! So silly really considering how far we've come.
I hate being hungry, that's why ww never worked for me, but if I know it's only for today I reckon I could be ok...I'm going to give it a go today. If by tonight I feeling I'm going to die then I know that I won't be doing it again!

I'd stay away from fruit on low days and have maybe some cereal, and then homemade veggie soups for lunch and dinner. My issue is having to cook everyone else dinner still and I don't really want to do any more fasting as its not really giving the boys a great view on a balanced diet.

I think my portions are getting bigger again, going to cut then back xx

Good luck love!! I hope it goes ok for you! I know lots of people are doing well with it, but some are having awful side effects, so be careful, drink lots of fluids xx

I can see myself being someone with side effects! I will have to drink a lot of water anyway to keep the hunger away. I am lucky I don't have children as i totally agree with you on this sort of thing not setting a very good example for them. I cook for my OH but I'm always cooking different dinners anyway, usually he has ones that I can't have on SW.
I've never been one for fad diets, but I need something to shake me up a bit. Maybe like you my portions are getting bigger but then I'm not really having carbs or anything? Although when I have red meat I think I always go overboard. I will give this until Saturdays weigh in and see how it goes. X

Well I hope it goes well! Let me know this avo how you're finding it :)

I woke up feeling pretty refreshed and in a better mind set, so gonna stick with it and plough on. Just done a 2 mile walk with the pup and it's a lush morning and it seems to have done wonders for my general sense of Wellbeing! So yay to that!

Gonna go to Uni soon as we have some group project work in for Thursday, quite looking forward to the challenge of it as I feel I haven't been productive lately. Just realised as well if I get into my phd course I'm gonna have to move! Eek! Leeds is the closest place and I actually quite fancy it there but it's 4 years off anyway so lots of time!

Ok gonna do a greenie day today!!

GREEN DAY - Tuesday

Breakfast : weetabix (hexB) semi skimmed milk (hexA) satsuma x2

Lunch : random Uni lunch! 1 alpen light (half hexB) banana, fat free yogurt, d'lites (4syns)

Snack : cheese on toast (1/2 hexB and hexA) some gherkins, 5 asda meatfree meatballs. slice of low low mature cheese (3syns?)

Dinner : veggie sausage casserole (LM sausage, red pepper, courgette, onion, BNS, chopped tomato). Roast potatoes. Carrots and Peas. WW cookie dough ice cream (6syns)

Drinks : 2 teas and lots of water.

TOTAL SYNS : 13

Exercise : walking 4-5miles maybe a little more

Last edited:
Feeling fine so far, although I've also done a 6.5 mile walk which burned 481 cals :/ so I'm currently in minus numbers on MFP! My bf's cousin is a personal trainer and she's advised me not to do it, so now I'm thinking should I just go back to SW for the rest of the day? I hate thinking about stuff!

Feeling fine so far, although I've also done a 6.5 mile walk which burned 481 cals :/ so I'm currently in minus numbers on MFP! My bf's cousin is a personal trainer and she's advised me not to do it, so now I'm thinking should I just go back to SW for the rest of the day? I hate thinking about stuff!

After staying the same for 6 weeks I started using mfp as well as sticking to sw. Followed sw food but kept my calories under 1200. Lost 3 pound last week and although put 2 on at the weekend have already lost one of them x

After staying the same for 6 weeks I started using mfp as well as sticking to sw. Followed sw food but kept my calories under 1200. Lost 3 pound last week and although put 2 on at the weekend have already lost one of them x

Oh no I use MFP just been advised not to do the 5:2 diet :)

Feeling good (although SOOO hungry!) this avo. Group work done, phew. And I missed the bus so ended up having a little adventure in the sun with my iPod which was canny, and some more exercise done too, another 2.5 mile walk I reckons. Managed to stick to plan at Uni, but I'm super super hungry now so going home to make some proper foods! X

Well done on all the walking, it makes you feel good doesn't it? I got out for walk with my sister earlier and loves being in the sunshine.

Yeah its been well nice!! Did the school run which is 3 miles, then the random walk which was at least 1, as i saw a sign when I'd already been walking for 10 mins (i walk quite fast) saying it was another mile so I reckon 4.5miles today :) yay!

Have a new placement to start tomorrow in a Nursery, bit scared but I'm sure it'll be ok! x

If you can do a school then you can do a nursery :) I'm a deputy manager of one. Usually nursery's tend to be less stuffy than schools. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll be fine x

Thanks girls! I've only done a few days in EY's settings before and I wasn't so keen, but apparently this is a really good setting so maybe I'll like it more! X

Back