eee look another food diary!

I'm thinking about doing WW for a change. Theres a simply filling plan on there which is v like SW but it gives you more freedom, as long as you don't over eat. I have 1st4 left to go and just feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I know I'm on/off plan a lot but what I actually eat is much more WW plan than SW. There's a groupon for it 3 months online for £17 so thinkin might give it a whirl for a month and see if I get any losses xx
Not totally up to date on WW Simply Filling . . . BUT . . . .
I talk with a bunch of other ladies on another fred and they all decided to give WW a go when they were struggling to lose the last stone on SW.
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was back to SW within a month!
Why? They all said that the amount of food (ie portion size) you could eat on a PP day was miniscule on WW and they all felt hungry - all the time.
It did teach them all, though, that they were probably letting things drift a bit on SW with their portion size.
On return to SW they all lost the final stone with a few months but cutting back on portion size - and nothing else!
Very Intersting imo.

If you think it will work for you then give it a go. You've only got £17 to lose!

I had a little read on ww thread. Couldn't open/see the list of free food tho. Like the sound of breads etc, but tbh scared to try something different. Even if I don't stick to sw all the time, it's imbedded in my brain lol xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ill link to the thread when I'm on my laptop later.

I got a new Henry Hoover today! My old (absolutely crap!) one broke about a week ago and downstairs hadnt been done for like a week before, so 2 weeks of 2 little people, 2 big people and a dog and cats mess to try and get clean, it's taken an hour but my new little happy friend totes did the job. So def worth the price I think!

I'm getting a bit concerned now, 2 days late for totm. Eek! Pretty much exactly what I don't need to happen right now! Gonna give it a few more days and hope it comes before investigating it.. Argh!

Food days again mixed, just doing what I want (within reason!) for a few days. And I'll get back to it tomorrow now I've had a big food shop delivery.

Thanks bev for your advice. I think I'd mainly do simply filling. Which is a bit diff to the points system. I'm pretty sure most fruit and veg have Zero points. So there's always that, I think I'd be pretty restrained anyway with points as I'm so used to making SW meals with lots of Superfree.

Ok foods today... Time to be honest with myself.. There's good and v bad here...

Breakfast : awful! 3 Maryland cookies!

Lunch : 2 warburton thins with low low chilli spread (20g) 4 WW bacon slices and sliced tomato

Dinner : nice herby pulled pork, SW roast potatoes, parsnips, and beetroot. Carrot and swede cubes, and peas.

Snack : 3 malteaser mini bunnies, and some ketchup Cheetos.

Drinks : 2 teas w/ 1% milk. Lots of water

Exercise : 2.5m walk. 60 mins of hoovering, I'm very sweaty now! Yuck!

Attachments

• image-184286129.jpg
    image-184286129.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 30
Today has been pretty crazy! Def not diet friendly but I SOO needed it! I'll write it down anyway..

Breakfast : 2 thins one with smoked salmon and low low and cherry tomato, 1 with WW bacon, low low and tomato.

Lunch : lush cream tea! Exactly what I needed!

Dinner : sausage and mash with leeks, carrots and peas

Snacks : some Cadbury mini eggs, 2 satsuma and a banana

That all sounds bl**dy lush! Jealous :)

I had to have a couple of hub's pistachios, and enjoying a vino xx

Oooh donlt mention pistachios, they have them loose at Lidls at the moment right in the blummin fresh veg section

Def worth trying WW esp if it's £17 for three months gives you time to get the hang of things, If you;re not loosing it could be your body is used to SW now and needs shaking up a bit, beginning to wonder if thats why my weights not shifting, but worried about changing SW is the only diet I've lost a lot of weight on even though I've put half back on again, I did WW for a year and only lost 5lb in all that time... give it a go only thing to lose is £17 and a load of weight hopefully ;)

Ok I've gained 3lbs this week but it's totally ok with me. It's been quite the week! After a traumatic weekend I was waiting anxiously for totm, it hasn't appeared and seems I'm 3 weeks pregnant. I found out yesterday, so there's been a lot of discussion, lots of finding out where I stand Uni wise and we went to the dr this morning to find out the options and how long we've got to decide. We were veering way more towards yes than no, but something clicked this morning and I just thought why are we putting this massive pressure on ourselves. We realised we both want it, but not to happen in nov (that's when it would come) as ill be just starting 3rd year it's just too much pressure. So we are going to actually plan this for August. Now really would make it so hard for all of us, and if we tried and succeeded July-sept cycles it would tie into me finished 3rd year and having 5 months to settle down and just enjoy having a baby rather than the massive pressure of trying to juggle everything. Plus I want to quit smoking, lose some more weight, and get fit and healthy and learn to drive. This way takes the pressure off entirely. Yeah I'd be pregnant in 3rd year but that's ok, I can deal with pregnancy. For what I want to do over the next 5 years now actually is the best time, but not this minute. 5 months time would be perfect. Pretty anxious about the next few weeks but it'll be ok. It's the right decision for now. And I'm really really excited about doing all this properly and planning it all. I want this last summer to do all the things I planned and be really focused to finish my degree to the absolute best ability I can. But this happening has made us really think about what we want and when would be good. Phew.. I'm kinda writing all this down for myself so I can see my own logic and know when all these things happen. I kinda wish my diary wasn't public though! At least I know why I haven't been able to stop eating! I've been
ravenous expecting totm all week so now I get it!

So today is my refocusing day. I now have some
Pretty serious goals so no more messing around :)

EE DAY - Friday

Breakfast : wmeal toast with 3 WW sausages, 2 poached eggs, 100g beans with a big grilled tomato (1.5syns)

Lunch : homemade tomato soup, an apple

Dinner : thai yellow curry (3.5syns) with chicken, babycorn, peppers, carrot, mushroom, sugar snap peas, and brown rice.

Snack : 1 small wmeal toast with Vegemite (4.5syns) Cadbury egg (5syns) banana. pickled onions. Celery sticks, satsuma

Drinks : lots of water (I'm so so thirsty!)

Exercise : 2 mile walk, 30 day shred

TOTAL SYNS : 14.5

Last edited:
What a difficult decision to make hun, but you know what? I personally think you've made the sensible one. It's a huge responsibility & like you said a lot of added pressure. But I think it's been a positive situation because its helped you to see what you really want :)
Sending you big squeezes x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks lovely. I think we got swept up in the thought of it for a bit there, rather than the reality of how it would be. Yeah I'd probs pass my degree still, but its the diff of getting a 1st or a 2:2 which ultimately will totally affect me career. So yeah for all our future prospects it seems like a good option. Just called and got booked in, 27th am pretty scared about the actual procedure. I'm half hoping they'll say its twins again as that was my overriding rule, i just can't handle twins again, it was soooo hard last time, and I LOVE my boys, but the first 3 years is unreal! So then it'll make it easier to do. Thanks for the squeezes, I need them! xx

I completely admire your strength love xx more hugs from me xx

Hugs and loves from me too chick...

Thanks ladies :) god I'm actually ravenous. Trying so hard to reign it in! Pickled onions and celery sticks are so unsatisfactory! I want Chinese food! Curry night tonight so I'm gonna eat loads of nice SW friendly thai curry! Making the boys diff stuff today as it might be too spicy for them so I might have to make extra of their SW chips for me!

I WILL STICK TO PLAN!!!! Xx

You can do it ! So hard when your body is craving stodgy - sw chips will help :) x

I agree with your logic and it sounds like you're doing the right thing in terms of long term goals and what you want for yourself and for your family. Good luck hun, stay strong and treat yourself to a little indulgence - you definitely deserve it after the week you've had. Lots of love xxxx

Now is not the time to watch comic relief. I find it odd in our country we need to mix entertainment with actual tragedy to make it bearable, sits funny with me.. Xx

I am far too emotional to watch Red Nose Day stuff & Children In Need - they always make me cry!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I couldn't watch. I donated and turned it off! I've been to South Africa quite a few times and its a very hard place to visit when you're from a country like England.

Going to the pictures to see Oz today :) excited! I'm going to try and be good but dans already bought pizzas for tea so I'm not sure I will be!! I might just make me some chicken when they have the pizzas and have lots of the salads he bought too.

Foods today... If I can stick to plan!!

EE DAY - Saturday

Breakfast : 2 small wmeal bread (hexB) ham, lettuce and low low cheese (1/3 hexA)

Lunch : pasta with chicken, bacon and veg (2syns pesto) and salad leaves

At the pics : 1/2 hotdog, some chilli Doritos and some Ben and jerrys frozen yogurt (NOT GOOD AT ALL! Haha!)

Dinner : pizza, chinese ribs, pasta salad, beetroot salad, bean salad, and corn on the cob

Total SYNS : LOTS!

Attachments

• image-1690724994.jpg
    image-1690724994.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Today hasn't gone to plan at all! Darn it! Xx

Ah god! Went to bed at like 9pm as I felt so tired and yuck and lil jack woke up at half 10, covered in sick, his whole bed too and the floor and the bathroom. Poor little fella :( So I've had him up since watching tele he was sick one more time but nothing for a few hours now so just tucked him back up and fingers crossed no more. Cleaning that up was absolutely awful! Struggled not to be sick too :( i hope he's ok tomorrow. Phew.. Another night without sleep! Yey

Back